• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight "Did You Know?" Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I got PAL stuff. I could make you a code that unlocks everything. Then you put it in your SD and that's it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You just need to time a DAIR and jump at the correct time, right?

I hope we can find an awesome use for this two years after it was discovered! ahha
No. You need to time the Dair so that it ends ~when you land. If you perform it properly, a landing animation on the ground will appear but you will have already jumped. It shaves 6 or 9 frames off of the jump>whatever IIRC (aerial jump animation is 1 frame instead of 5 [1-5=-4] and the 2 or 5 [-4-2=-6 or -4--5=-9] frames from landing and fast-fall landing, respectively do not exist).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I have played SSE for like 100 hours. When you're bored it's kinda fun.
Also, has anyone tried to buffer ftilt out of fair? It does the first 2 safer hits almost instantly.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But makes Dtilt pretty usafe lol.
I honestly can't do much with it unless I do it on reaction (if opponent doesn't jump) and max-ranged :p

Staco

Smash Champion
I have played SSE for like 100 hours. When you're bored it's kinda fun.
Also, has anyone tried to buffer ftilt out of fair? It does the first 2 safer hits almost instantly.
So you are able to buffer that speed FTilt out of everything?
I remember today buffering a mach FTilt out of a getting hit animation (getting hit and instantly standing on the ground out of it).

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well it can be buffered out of anything, but fair or something seems to be the best time to use it IMO.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You got to press forward, release the stick and press A during the buffer window. It will then hit 2 incredibly fast slashes.

Also, you are 1337 :D

Staco

Smash Champion
You got to press forward, release the stick and press A during the buffer window. It will then hit 2 incredibly fast slashes.

Also, you are 1337 :D
****, I missed it.
Else I would have stopped posting. xD

Okay, Ill test this.
Maybe I can find some minor uses for it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I like how it hits twice so they can't really PS it. But I guess dtilt will always be better.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I HATE how dtilt extends your hurtbox like a mile.
So ftilt is a safe option you say? Should I start to use that instead?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Please excuse me, I have to remove the bricks in my pants....

*goes testing*
I'm going on the second one =P

Kel

Smash Master
lol yeah Kaffei, we used to talk about how it could be a mindgame to run up to people and use Ike's down taunt or MK's up taunt.

Off topic: Jigglypuff's taunt reduces her hitbox to her size too.

BluePeachy100

Smash Champion
the paper taunt thingy?

also, i knew that his up taunt shrinks his hurtbox, lol.

i've once avoided wolf's laser while saying "cuhum"

Staco

Smash Champion
Any1 got the frame datas of the taunt?
I want to know when the invincibility starts and ends.

Kel

Smash Master
It's super laggy. It's better to just down B. It's just funny because people aren't used to the animation

Staco

Smash Champion
It's super laggy. It's better to just down B. It's just funny because people aren't used to the animation
Just tested it.
It´s not even invincibility.
The animation is just weird.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
When you glide out of your 6th jump, you'll end it in freefall animation.
It has happened to me a couple times already, but I just discovered why today... D:

Exdeath

Smash Master
On Brinstar, Meta Knight can Side-B all of the orbs and still land on either segment of the separated stage. It's also possible to simply glide under, glide attack the orbs, and then Side-B through the orbs to grab the ledge. B also works, but it's not as safe as Side-Bing to the ledge.

This is more common knowledge, but it's possible to Dthrow any character on the orbs (when they're partially deteriorated) until that character breaks through the orbs (the kicks of Dthrow destroy orbs). What will happen will vary, but it typically either gives a weak meteor smash effect beginning at below the stage (will auto-kill characters with poor vertical recovery, and some characters like DK can still be edge hogged for the gimp) and/or Meta Knight can foot stool them, which will essentially guarantees death to more than half of the cast. The gimp requires there be no lava, obviously. When lava is present, it's easy to foot stool them a couple of times into a Nair/Up-B/etc. for a considerable sum of damage (I've gotten more than 50% guaranteed damage this way, plus follow-ups).

Something similar occurs on Rainbow Cruise when you grab someone on a falling block (and you/they don't land on the swinging platform/ship/etc.). If you begin the Dthrow around when the block begins falling, the Dthrow will be interrupted when the block passes the blast zone. This automatically kills fast-fallers, puts a great majority of the cast past the point of recovery, and virtually guarantees a gimp on every character -- even Meta Knight. This last part is because no character can recover without jumping first, which means that you can foot stool anyone who attempts to jump (it should happen even if they don't). The Dthrowing Meta Knight can still recover this way; he will have 5 jumps (4 if you used one before foot stooling) and his specials.

I believe that Green Greens is Brinstar-status against Ice Climbers (I'll post my thoughts on this later -- reminder to self).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You ain't got no walljump
Ain't got no fancy shmancy extra jump
Can't even properly 'cover
So you know I'ma walljump all day straight...
Talk to me Olimar!

Yoshi's ain't alright now, you can jump below the ledge
If we go there, 'covery is broken for chars who're free
We can play on SV, it's just you and me
Every match, Europe day and niiiight

Top Bottom