• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
You know, now that I think about it, and someone actually told me this the other day, but this will be the first time in the history of fighting games where a "starter" character(AKA a character that did not require unlocking in order to use) got banned from tournament play...
Please don't set me up for my conspiracy theories about MK being deliberoken and accessible to improve Kirby franchise sales. I don't have much self control.

Everyone probably knows I don't have self control by now though.

Actually, rm sparked that question of mine, yes.

supershyguy gave me a pretty straight foward opinion that I can relate to.
I wanted to point out that rm's comment seemed to specifically relate to the Peach-Marth matchup. Marth should be seen as an Achilles heel of Peach rather than a standard comparison so you shouldn't let that make you think Peach is bad. She is stellar against alot of other characters.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
My main is Jiggs, Peach seems automatically godly against Marth to me.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You all ****ing suck at this game, Alpha Zealot is a ****** with such a *****ty ruleset. WC is smart they don't use that garbage. MK being banned is dumb, you guys lack the ability to learn a matchup after 3 years. All of you should just quit this ****ing game, and it's not like the people who constantly place 17th are gonna get any higher because MK is banned. Regardless of MK, you suck at this game, and you getting spoonfed a character ban isn't gonna make you any better. I am horridly disappointed in this terrible community, no wonder all of the Melee people laugh at you because you all ****ing suck, and are stupid, you play a game babied down from Melee, but what do you want? Even MORE babying. Grow up, how can this game be considered competetive but the best character is getting banned. How is any other fighting community gonna take us seriously when we can't even win a MU. Only like 2 MKs were winning ***** anyway, you guys all suck and won't get any better.

On another note, I am an MK main, I am not just upset about MK being banned. Regardless of MK being banned or not, I would NEVER use the unity ruleset, I think it is horrible, and unfair to many MANY characters, and people who support this just suck Alpha Zealot's d!ck. It has been said, and see in results ADHD himself has gotten lazy and banked on MK being banned, and now he can rest easy knowing that he can laze his *** off with easy MUs, because he got ****ing tired of applying himself in an MU. Gnes is better, get over it, you suck Wyatt. Back to AZ. You are a complete ******, and no one in their right mind should take you seriously. No one who is smart, or has a mind of their own would follow you, or your garbage ruleset and rulings. You are bad at brawl, and a bad BBR member. Leave this community, you are tainting it.

To the people who were smart enough to learn the MU, kudos, you took time in to hold an accomplishment dear. Too bad it's all for naught because of the gay people who are lazy and don't put forth the effort of learning a MU. It's not like people put a gun to your head and told you to pick MK. But whatever. If you guys wanna be babies, go ahead. Enjoy your gay *** D3 infinites, and IC CGs.

I'm done with this horrible game. gl;hf I give this community 3 weeks after the MK ban. tata!
Wow, what a rant, yet people will go on doing venues and such regardless, who knew there were some " hardcore" Meta-Knight anti-ban supporters, I wonder if M2K would do the same? Would people lean more towards Ally's style of play?

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
It bothers me that people make comments like "I thought Brawl was dead" and "People play Smash Bros?". I mean I realize it's not a majority of people saying these things, but still; makes me think more could be done to get our community noticed.

In general, I mean. Not pointing any fingers here, just musing.

:248:
Shoryuken

HATES

Smash brothers

for

no

good

reason.

By the time the article's comments start fizzling out I can almost guarantee 90-95% of the comments will be hate comments.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Sakurai doesn't care about competitive Smash. Still, he said he balanced Brawl by himself, and that the next one will be balanced by a group of testers.
Well, if Sakurai has intentions for a non-competitive atmosphere (again), I don't think that ''balancing'' will be as ''balancing'' as a'balancement should be.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I think Brawl is pretty well balanced... when items are turned on.

Granted, we never did run a significant amount of tourneys to provide evidence for or against that case.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Still, I believe a group of testers sounds much better than Sakurai by himself, who didn't balance Brawl for competitive play anyway. Balance is good for both casual and competitive play.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Shoryuken

HATES

Smash brothers

for

no

good

reason.

By the time the article's comments start fizzling out I can almost guarantee 90-95% of the comments will be hate comments.
Ask them and you'll get a ton of reasons, most of them individual. But yeah, SRK haets SmashBros.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Still, I believe a group of testers sounds much better than Sakurai by himself, who didn't balance Brawl for competitive play anyway. Balance is good for both casual and competitive play.
I'm assuming that a friendly nature, and a competitive nature would be polar opposites though. Balancing the characters for a fun, non-competitive game will not be the same idea as balancing the characters out for a competitive nature.

IMO

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, if Sakurai has intentions for a non-competitive atmosphere (again), I don't think that ''balancing'' will be as ''balancing'' as a'balancement should be.
Actually, Sakurai does have intentions or so it seems since he recently posted a picture of him studying Ken's hitboxes from Street Fighter IV, it seems like he's intending to progress it further, more distant from what Brawl was, but also not exactly like Melee.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think that's a common misrepresentation. I don't think the smash developers make deliberate choices to make the game less competitive, they just rather clearly are not going to spend any extra time on competitive aspects and will always give competitive versus casual design choices over to the casuals (like Brawl's less frustrating, but overall less interactive ledge).

When I look at some of the little nuances in the game i can see some of the development grunts really care about the game as a fighter.

Balancing probably will happen with items on though, yes :(

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Meta's gonna be gone? I would be a bit more happy for my ROB if it weren't for the fact smash 4 is just gonna be here in like a year or two. Oh well, progress is progress I guess.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
You all ****ing suck at this game, Alpha Zealot is a ****** with such a *****ty ruleset. WC is smart they don't use that garbage. MK being banned is dumb, you guys lack the ability to learn a matchup after 3 years. All of you should just quit this ****ing game, and it's not like the people who constantly place 17th are gonna get any higher because MK is banned. Regardless of MK, you suck at this game, and you getting spoonfed a character ban isn't gonna make you any better. I am horridly disappointed in this terrible community, no wonder all of the Melee people laugh at you because you all ****ing suck, and are stupid, you play a game babied down from Melee, but what do you want? Even MORE babying. Grow up, how can this game be considered competetive but the best character is getting banned. How is any other fighting community gonna take us seriously when we can't even win a MU. Only like 2 MKs were winning ***** anyway, you guys all suck and won't get any better.

On another note, I am an MK main, I am not just upset about MK being banned. Regardless of MK being banned or not, I would NEVER use the unity ruleset, I think it is horrible, and unfair to many MANY characters, and people who support this just suck Alpha Zealot's d!ck. It has been said, and see in results ADHD himself has gotten lazy and banked on MK being banned, and now he can rest easy knowing that he can laze his *** off with easy MUs, because he got ****ing tired of applying himself in an MU. Gnes is better, get over it, you suck Wyatt. Back to AZ. You are a complete ******, and no one in their right mind should take you seriously. No one who is smart, or has a mind of their own would follow you, or your garbage ruleset and rulings. You are bad at brawl, and a bad BBR member. Leave this community, you are tainting it.

To the people who were smart enough to learn the MU, kudos, you took time in to hold an accomplishment dear. Too bad it's all for naught because of the gay people who are lazy and don't put forth the effort of learning a MU. It's not like people put a gun to your head and told you to pick MK. But whatever. If you guys wanna be babies, go ahead. Enjoy your gay *** D3 infinites, and IC CGs.

I'm done with this horrible game. gl;hf I give this community 3 weeks after the MK ban. tata!
rofl this guy is awesome

the answer to this problem is simple...

**** the unity ruleset :awesome:

the committee is a bunch of scrub losers anyways :cool:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Actually, Sakurai does have intentions or so it seems since he recently posted a picture of him studying Ken's hitboxes from Street Fighter IV, it seems like he's intending to progress it further, more distant from what Brawl was, but also not exactly like Melee.

Interesting. Although, your ''so it seems'' probably amounts to the amount of wishful thinking people had before MK got banned.

We'll have to see though.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
lots-a-salt

I made this for you meta knights, picket it in front of your homes until Smash 4 and you main the next broken-to-hell character :)

I find this article funny. It's written like we just banned any ole' character for any reason. Like, it has the same weight if we banned Luigi.
True. Perhaps a more extensive announcement explaining why they chose to ban MK would've been better. Like explaining the two character specific rules, matchup spread, charts, and similar things. The way it is written though is fine. It's short, sweet, and lightly covers pretty much everything. Only downside is what you said, it's not really that impacting.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
*sighs* this is predictable, now that mk is actually banned, the TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT of the community who wants him to stay is in uproar. Welp, too bad for you guys, 75% of us want him gone, and gone he shall be.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I think that's a common misrepresentation. I don't think the smash developers make deliberate choices to make the game less competitive, they just rather clearly are not going to spend any extra time on competitive aspects and will always give competitive versus casual design choices over to the casuals (like Brawl's less frustrating, but overall less interactive ledge).

When I look at some of the little nuances in the game i can see some of the development grunts really care about the game as a fighter.

Balancing probably will happen with items on though, yes :(
I'm sure I remember Sakurai specifically saying, in person, that he didn't want it to be competitive.

D:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
The thing is, Smash can be played in both ways. That's part of why it's a great series.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I suggest people learn how to deal with something before they ban it.

It's not like Meta-Knight was Gill in 3rd Strike or Akuma in Super Turbo, more like Chun-Li and O. Sagat. Soft-ban? Sure, whatever. Hard ban? **** that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, you have to see SSB competivly. It's a popular fighting game. Now, for MK, it's more of...
CLIP THOSE DAMN WINGS!

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
The thing is, Smash can be played in both ways. That's part of why it's a great series.
I fullheartedly agree with this. I was just stating a possible ambiguous interpretation on what they mean by ''balancing the game'' when I am under the impression that it won't be competitive.. That's all. :p

Masky

Smash Master
I'm sure I remember Sakurai specifically saying, in person, that he didn't want it to be competitive.

D:
Sakurai never said that Smash is not meant to be competitive.

In fact, if you do your research, you'll see that Sakurai DID say that Smash is meant to be played as a sport.

He makes a big point in interviews to point out that Smash was his attempt to create a fighting game that kept all the good things about fighting games but was easier to understand.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I suggest people learn how to deal with something before they ban it.

It's not like Meta-Knight was Gill in 3rd Strike or Akuma in Super Turbo, more like Chun-Li and O. Sagat. Soft-ban? Sure, whatever. Hard ban? **** that.
When a character runs a game more or less completely, it's time to ban that character. Thus, this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom