• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
It's not even a question that an MK ban will improve the community by causing people to whine less and causing more character diversity.

Whether doing something as scrubby as banning a character is worth it to calm people down and get people to play more characters is the real debate here.

Either way whatever. To me MK was one of many, many ******** broken things in brawl. Just one less thing for me to worry about in tournaments. First we banned items, then we banned Pictochat, and noww we're banning MK. Same thing.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Honestly think you should of got rid of Brinstar and RC before you decided to ban MK. If he was still bad even after that then it would of warranted a ban....buuuuuut w/e
This, I'd rather ban those stages than ban a character.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I was not aware this was 08, and who DDD chaingrabbed determined 100% of his match up.

Don't get grabbed. It's the same reason why ICs aren't broken to ****. Not that hard to do, especially, you know, being Marth and actually having good approach options.

tekkie

Smash Master
instead of banning MK we should have banned

-tornado
-shuttle loop
-RC
-brinstar
-battlefield if you're playing mk
-delfino if you're playing mk
-halberd if you're playing mk
-IDC
-planking
-scrooging
-stalling
-dair camping

because that would have been way better

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
It's been about 1 1/2 years since I stopped caring about Brawl; maybe time to start caring again. :bee:

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
wow this has been a long time coming, surprising it was 14-0..

since this is the first time in smash a char is banned, i just wonder if this will effect decisions made in the next smash game, or i hope we have at least learned how to handle this kind of decision better

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not think any community will not stop complaining. Whether it is MK, Jiggs in Melee, Yun in AE, or Phoenix in MVC3 there is something people complain about it is about human nature.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
wow this has been a long time coming, surprising it was 14-0..

since this is the first time in smash a char is banned, i just wonder if this will effect decisions made in the next smash game, or i hope we have at least learned how to handle this kind of decision better
Didn't they try to ban Roy from melee around 2005?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
lol anyone who is happy with this sucks **** at this game mk isnt even that good, you just suck at avoiding nado and not getting planked.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I do not think it will change things. People will move onto the next best character/characters and go from there.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
anyone happy with this sucks at this game. mk isnt even that good really, you just suck **** at not getting planked and nado'd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom