• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
These stupid bats in this topic are messing up my scroll bar somehow. They keep erasing the one on the bottom/make the bar it self go back and forth randomly when they aren't bumping into it.

Kinda annoying.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
There isn't normally one on this page in the first place. Somehow the stupid bats are making the horizontal scroll bar appear and act funny.

Metaknight breaks Brawl, MetaVamp breaks SWF. Oh the irony! :awesome:

I could totally ban MetaVamp right now if I felt like it, but he's causing sooooo much delicious pain and misery to others.....:awesome:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I wouldn't mind being a minion for a bit

Black name ftw

Also you can use the MKs hovering around your mouse to scroll down indefinitely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@John#: It doesn't work terribly well. I personally find them slightly annoying. (graphical glitches)

Also, I finally got an SD Memory Card again. Time to try some hacks.

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
We need a new tier list without MK! Who will be the first? Marth or Diddy Kong?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. thats a different game and a different situation entirely.
2. the best character in melee is still up in the air for a lot of people.

although there really isnt any logical reason to believe that snake isnt second best in the game.

also, i would say recent happenings back my claim of ike and tink gaining the most from the MK ban.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
2. the best character in melee is still up in the air for a lot of people.
And people call the brawl community a mess.

I feel like I made a bad choice going with that reply. It doesn't seem condescending enough.
I should've compared the fox mains who think jigglypuff is #1 to the MK mains who are constantly creating insane explanations to how meta knight isn't broken.

Or I could've just laughed at the intelligence of the melee community in general.
So many options, so little time.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I realized I only click this thread when I see the last poster is somebody who says funny things.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't agree with KID or anything. Fox/Falco are the best characters in Melee. No contest there. I just think that the "best" character in Brawl is still up in the air. Without MK, there are going to be a lot of characters jockeying for position. Tiers will be shifting quite a bit. There's empirical evidence supporting the likes of Snake and Diddy being up there above everyone else, but it isn't anything really conclusive. It's going to take a lot more than few piddly weeklies/bi-weeklies without MK to get a real bearing on anything. You might see variety now, but given time, that could change.

MK just got freaking bannned, for Christ's sake. It's cool to speculate, but you can't say for sure who the absolute best is right now. Give the game a chance to evolve without MK.

Smooth Criminal

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
The best depends on how many inane rules we decide to keep putting in our rulesets. Now we just need to ban chaingrabs and falco has that surefire run towards the top.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're right, that would never work.

I say we limit the amount of double jumps allowed to 2.
Jigglypuff's too floaty imo.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for the record, when I said snake was clearly second best in the game, that was when mk was legal. mk banned, I have no idea, im just going to sit back and enjoy that nice healthy metagame development that we all get to have.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm looking forward to people crying "overcentralization" when a certain character (or characters) start jacking all of their money.

Or is John Numbers and company not going to make the same mistake twice...?

Smooth Criminal

Doc King

Smash Lord
At this rate, there is no overcentralization. Falco has almost as much tourney paper as Snake does. So no one should complain. Also an Olimar won a mk banned tounament.

The metagame seems to be doing well without mk.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
At this rate, there is no overcentralization. Falco has almost as much tourney paper as Snake does. So no one should complain. Also an Olimar won a mk banned tounament.

The metagame seems to be doing well without mk.
Ahem.

Yours truly said:
It's going to take a lot more than few piddly weeklies/bi-weeklies without MK to get a real bearing on anything. You might see variety now, but given time, that could change.
Smooth Criminal

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think, that no matter how centralised the game gets, without mk you are never going to see 1 character playing out dittos in losers, winners and grand finals for singles AND doubles the way it was with MK.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Ahem.

Smooth Criminal
I meant so far. Things could change like in all competitive games.
i think, that no matter how centralised the game gets, without mk you are never going to see 1 character playing out dittos in losers, winners and grand finals for singles AND doubles the way it was with MK.
It's probably not gonna become something like that.

Govikings07

Smash Journeyman
What i like is that now every character in brawl has a bad mu. Top teirs have theirs by mids and some lows. Mids have theirs by tops and some lows and lows have theirs with tops and mids. Ics are a bad mu against something as low as lucas! To me it seems now its all about who the player knows how to play with rather than just having a pocket mk to solve their problems. the stage striking is now more to think about as well as the counter stages! the live mk banned tournies i watch on streams have more of a variety on who they use and i love watching the matches <3 like a zss against a rob! (my opinion) im really excited to see how crazy the metagame will change! Rob for #1 :p

:phone:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I would figure Concentrate 2 to count as a regional, considering the 56-something player turnout...

But yeah, I'm definitely going to need a lot more tournaments before I can start jumping to conclusions. At least 100, to be sure, but I might wait until I get all the way to 150, or maybe even 200 first.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I would figure Concentrate 2 to count as a regional, considering the 56-something player turnout...

But yeah, I'm definitely going to need a lot more tournaments before I can start jumping to conclusions. At least 100, to be sure, but I might wait until I get all the way to 150, or maybe even 200 first.
Why don't you compile data for the span of a year, John?

Not trolling you here, I'm just wondering why you're so bent on a fixed number in such a (comparatively) short amount of time versus a longer stretch.

Smooth Criminal

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He was just stating the fixed number before anyone decides to start trying to make conclusive statements.

I remember him stating he'll do it for the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom