• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

lilseph

Smash Ace
Yah i don't see as many people saying ban MK anymore. I think people are starting to understand fully how to beat MK. It happened to Snake and now look, ally is placing 5th.

lilseph

Smash Ace
Lol no, it's not a **** match up, it's actually one of MK's harder match ups
Really? When Brawl was still young everyone thought GaW to be a hard counter to MK. But people soon realised he wasn't. When did he all of a sudden become a hard MU :confused:

lilseph

Smash Ace
Yah hard MU. I just remember reading somewhere a few months ago that it was 65-35 or something brutal like that.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ratios are pointless and mean nothing, they're not going to help you in a match or against that character. I just think it's slightly in MKs favor and that's it.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@P4: Really you think? I think it's a large advantage for MK. idk it seems like a really **** matchup, imo. But I haven't played that many top level G&Ws... (are there any except UTD Zac lol?)

no a lot of ppl def want mk banned lol
snake is overrated so is mk
I kind of agree. Kind of.

I'm calling it now, guys. In 3 years, tier list is gonna look like this:
1. MK
2-4. Falco/ICs/Wario in any order as long as they're the top 4. And maybe Diddy 5th.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I appreciate the input, but is there any more details you guys care to provide about my previous post with R.O.B. vs MK on DP?
It would be super duper beepin helpful <3 XD

iRJi

Smash Champion
same lmao i always die from that dthrow tech chase to up smash that **** is so booty

Horizontal range comparison:

Dtilt> ftilt 1
dtilt vs ftilt 2 idk
dtilt < ftilt 3

glide attack > fsmash
fsmash> dsmash

ftilt 3 is mk's longest move prolly

bair>fair
Thank you very much =].

Can anyone confirm just to make sure that this is accurate?

Also, range on grounded UpB by any chance?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
@P4: Really you think? I think it's a large advantage for MK. idk it seems like a really **** matchup, imo. But I haven't played that many top level G&Ws... (are there any except UTD Zac lol?)

1. MK
2-4. Falco/ICs/Wario in any order as long as they're the top 4. And maybe Diddy 5th.
GW kills MK sooo early and he just out right beats him in the air, also the fact that he can Up-B/Uair and of your B moves and keep you in a free fall is so scary. UTD recently beat Lee Martin in winners and losers and went on to win a recent tourney here in TX, GW is no push over and he really gives MK trouble.

Fair has more range than bair.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldJyDJP8mbQ

I think Fsmash may have slightly more horizontal range than glide attack, but it's really minimal if anything. It matters more whose timing was best.

You can conveniently compare ground attack range by looking at the little lines in the stage in that video.
Glide attack out ranges Fsmash

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Hey guys, for any of you with android phones, I put a lot of our MU information into an app called "Matchup Database - Metaknight". Feel free to download it and rate ^_^

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Wait he said Fair has more range than Bair? Rofl I thought he said it the other way around.

Yeah, Bair has more range than Fair

Orion*

Smash Researcher
lol w.e the case MK's beatable, and I think many characters can hold their own against him on neutrals.
this is very true

its winnable, but you just have to outskill the metaknight or hope he doesnt know the mu

1. MK
LOL no.
1. MK
2. Diddy
3-4. Ics/Falco
5-7 snake/wario/marth
Fair has more range than bair.
false

I think Fsmash may have slightly more horizontal range than glide attack, but it's really minimal if anything. It matters more whose timing was best.
whoever times best will win, but glide attack outspaces it

Q: How does Meta Knight fair off on Delfino Plaza in general and against R.O.B.. Why is it good or bad? What can Meta Knight abuse and what might possibly annoy you that R.O.B. can do on this stage? On a scale of 1 - 10, what do you see Meta Knight's chances of doing well on this stage against R.O.B. 1 being the worst for you 10 being the best.

thanks guys =]
<beep3
metaknight hard counters rob there, 7:3 imo

etecoon

Smash Hero
I could see brawl being dead in 3 years tbh

otherwise mostly agree with orion's predictions, diddy isn't going anywhere.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hey guys, for any of you with android phones, I put a lot of our MU information into an app called "Matchup Database - Metaknight". Feel free to download it and rate ^_^
For everyone else, we'll continue with the MU threads. =)

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey i have decided on maining MK just because i want to start taking this game to a whole new level and there is no other character that im better with than MK. So i want to ask you all this.. i need help with a new username.

I was thinking about DarkBat, UberBat or even UberBatman lol. Idk, i suck at making names it seems like xD.

So yeah i would just like yals help on my name. I might think of a really good one in the next hour but i just want yals opinions

Kaffei

Smash Hero
you wanna take this game to a new level by picking MK? lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Idk just pick whatever name you like.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Lv100 is fine, unless you want something more catchy.

Why this is on the QA?
inb4socialthread

HotWings

Smash Ace
Oops sorry, i thought i went to social lol.

Oh and what i meant by taking the game to a new level was i wanted to stop trying to pick up BL and UU characters and just start useing MK and actually win some matches lol. Ive used peach, jigglypuff, ganondorf, Link, well... pretty much everyone that not in the top 10. So thats why i want to just drop all of my characters and start useing MK.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Why didn't you actually try to get good with them then..? I'm not trying to come off as rude but it sounds to me like you are just picking MK for free wins.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well i did get good with them characters but i know i would get farther in tournaments if i picked MK. I know it seems like im just picking metaknight just to get free wins but im not, he actually fits my playstyle more than any other character.

I like toplay aggressive, i like to keep on my opponent and not play campy and defensive. I like to stay in the air as much as possible because i hate being CG by other characters.

Idk its just MK fits me so well and is a very good character. I actually was going to main MK right when brawl came out.. this was b4 the tier list and everything so im not just maining him because he is the top character.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Are you sure it doesn't look like it to me lol
Really? I’m ****ing blind, then lol; ‘cause to me it really looks like fair has more horizontal range, despite the bair hitboxes being techinically bigger in size (idk to me it looks like the bair hitbox is closer to his body, along with the hitboxes on fair being spread out more).

I’m just gonna go with me being wrong and blind, since I have 3 completely different people disagreeing with me on this lol

its winnable, but you just have to outskill the metaknight or hope he doesnt know the mu
Yeah it’s definitely winnable, but also definitely MKs advantage by a good amount.

LOL no.
1. MK
2. Diddy
3-4. Ics/Falco
5-7 snake/wario/marth
ehh I think Diddy’ll fall a little bit when people do get better and more consistent with bananas, but I’ve never played a spectacular Diddy like ADHD, so my perception could be completely and utterly wrong.

lilseph

Smash Ace
1. MK
2-3. Marth and falco
4-5 diddy and snake
6. Wario

...IMO

and for the whole falco thing, i like to dair camp him, abuse the platforms. If you get hit by lasers it sucks but at the same time your slowly getting out of CG range. But yah down air camping is fantastic.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ehh I think Diddy’ll fall a little bit when people do get better and more consistent with bananas, but I’ve never played a spectacular Diddy like ADHD, so my perception could be completely and utterly wrong.
not being like, an *** or tooting my own horn or w/e. my banana control is amazing. it helps, yes. however, diddys shield makes is just soooooo ****ing gay its almost not worth the effort.

when you and diddy both have a banana at the same time you are not at a presumed advantage if you intend to fight him with it.

also

bair is bigger than fair

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I agree, it's your own choice. But if you pick MK only for that reason, it might be hard to keep the motivation up. I personally like MK from Kirby games where he is a mysterious fighter and so on. And he is also so fast and has a good recover.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
yeah ive had the motivation problem recently. ntm, soooo easy to go autopilot w/ mk. its probably the hardest thing to do with this character. LMAO

today im going to try and motivate myself and say if i do well today i can go all falco and **** around tomorrow if i want to

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
metaknight hard counters rob there, 7:3 imo
Thanks beepo<3

------------

Anyone else anything helpful with the MK vs R.O.B. on Delfino MU?

Any transformations in ROB's favour?

What is MK's strongest point on the stage? (sharking? getting opponents in aqua?)

UberBradley

Smash Rookie
Hey ive got 2 questions. Since ive been maining MK for awhile now but im really good with almost every other character then should i main MK and alt random? Seeing as how i think picking random is more fun but then if i need to get serious i could always switch to MK.. do you all like this idea?

Also how do i put my sig in my post? Like i have the URL to it but idk how to put it as my sig because when i copy and paste the link in to where you edit your sig it doesnt show up. What do i do?

Top Bottom