• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ironically, i was debating, making an Orion thread. because i feel like we are all light years behind m2k and i want to push in that direction

doesnt help that zero top players post here. and we have the most top players out of every char lmao

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't mind this community being light years behind M2K, because it seems as if once we all get the same skill as him or play gay the community *****es and wants to ban MK. =/

Exdeath

Smash Master
ironically, i was debating, making an Orion thread. because i feel like we are all light years behind m2k and i want to push in that direction

doesnt help that zero top players post here. and we have the most top players out of every char lmao
So much truth in one post...

napZzz

Smash Hero
is there an mk frame data list somewhere around here? If there is, why isn't it stickied, and if there isn't, someone should make one and get it stickied in here

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I don't mind this community being light years behind M2K, because it seems as if once we all get the same skill as him or play gay the community *****es and wants to ban MK. =/
not to be rude but thats awful logic imo

thats like saying

im okay with getting last place at tournaments by not using my characters full potential so that they dont ban him.

if that was my mindset, i honestly wouldve just quit this game. just because the players on this board main metaknight doesnt give us the excuse to be lazy, or not practice.
when i talk to TOP players (my standards are high), they put in SO much work. tech skill. gimps. playing cpus. theory craft. stage control. reads. the only one that doesnt do this seems to be ally, and honestly since he hasnt been practicing as much now, look at his placings, they are slowly going down.

this community is like. lol im going to screw around with falcon until tourny day. and then they lose to people that they really wouldnt have if they put the work in.

m2k literally. doesnt drop gimps. knows all his frame data. knows his follow ups. and is CREATIVE with his character, because he messes around and tries things, and plays to learn.

most people here just watch videos and/or copies what everyone else does. and no matter how hard you try, you wont get as good as jason by trying to play exactly like him. having similarities is okay, but being a youtubeknight wont get you past a certain point. ESPECIALLY when none of you, NONE OF YOU and i KNOW this put in the amount of hours jason has technically.
^actually that reminds me of something

being unique for the sake of being unique is ****ing pointless also. i honestly dont give a **** that you can land upsmashes on falcos because theyre ********, there are better, safer options. there is a difference between being innovative, and just throwing crap out so that you look different. even if you stand out you wont win, and nobody will care

k back

its like. everyone on this board does their little dair dair dair tornado **** on snake and then when it doesnt work and snake woops your *** everyone just comes to the question answer thread like. OMG WHAT DO I DO VERSE SNAKE like its a quick fix. i give you some gimmicks and then you go win for a few times

this is BAD because i feel like im making you all worse in the long run. we avoid learning how to Really play matchups, and adapt to the brick walls our opponents set up. in a sense, we are the reason mk looks like he should be banned, because we have resolved to the point where its okay to not put time into our character, and just underskill our opponents and still win.

and in all honesty, i am guilty of this to a degree also, However that doesnt mean that i dont try to put in the work. and it shows because
the ONE season. ONE that i was active and avidly practiced everyday.
i went from being an average mk that just sometimes went to tournaments, to 4th in my region. beating/taking games off of top players, and sometimes winning money. and NJ/NY is not an easy place to do that in.

so when i see players of ANY character really not put in the time, and just wants handouts it disgusts me.

and yes, i know i play gay as **** and i have beaten a lot of people that probably are better players than me because i have a certain play to win mindset and a lot of patience. and even if you can beat people "sometimes" by doing that, you still will never be consistent if you dont really try and practice.

also, wow i wrote a wall of text LOL. very rare

Orion*

Smash Researcher
if i can win this tournament on the 4th in EU im gonna get a recording device and get some vids up. try and motivate some people (hopefully, ive never played anyone there so its hard to judge how ill do ._. , i could get last LOL. mr.r and istud will be there though)

but yeah this mindset of quick fixes is really a cultural problem imo, i see this happen to much in general. especially in Music (my major, and reason im moving from NJ/NY and going to EU for college) and brawl which happen to be my two favorite things to do.

edit: thanks, and VVVVVV you will get better if the community gets better.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
also @ miles you just started my rant, not directly at you lmao dont take it personally

Lol. It's ok

I think you missed my point. :laugh:

I'm not saying I won't place or I won't do very well in my tourney placings because of potential MK ban. Especially because I don't see it happening. I'm saying I don't root for any other MK's but M2K because he plays the character the best and I'd rather only see him winning tourney's to show difficulty in the character himself. Since Apex 2, Tourney placings aren't quite the same, and if they are the same that's good enough reason to keep MK unbanned.

I don't have the mindset "I'll just lose and wait for M2K to rep." I'm saying that I'd rather only see the best player in the league place w/ him than anyone else because he's the best player in the league and that gives good reason why he's ****** w/ the best character. I wanna see myself up there competing against him ready to beat him in brax, not short shooting myself because I want him to rep for a chacter that's not even my main lol. I can get where you're coming from though.

etecoon

Smash Hero
orion's post is **** and I think actually practicing is something most MK's are badly lacking in

it's generally assumed that you don't need to practice much to be good with MK just because he destroys a lot of other characters, but he does have a few close MU's and you always need to worry about the ditto because he's a common character too. having some of the best frame data in the game doesn't make things easy, it takes practice to CONTROL that speed to use it to it's full potential

I'm very guilty of "goofing off with falcon all week then trying to use MK in tourney" unfortunately lol, not really falcon but in general I use a lot of randoms when friendlying people and don't use that much MK...

Orion*

Smash Researcher
lmao well. i play a lot of secondaries, but they all have a purpose like. i play w/ diddy sometimes to keep my banana control in shape if i havent played wyatt in a while

i think people should play other chars, but their main isnt given enough attention. very few people, *cough atomsk* have the skill to paly multiple chars at a high level

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
So let the namesearch begin.

But I don't know why people use to be that silly. Ally once said that he didn't considered himself THAT good, and that most people lost to him because they either getTOO nervous or underrate themselves when they're facing a well-known top player.

It's all about confidence.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lmao well. i play a lot of secondaries, but they all have a purpose like. i play w/ diddy sometimes to keep my banana control in shape if i havent played wyatt in a while

i think people should play other chars, but their main isnt given enough attention. very few people, *cough atomsk* have the skill to paly multiple chars at a high level

I totally agree w/ you. I went from maining Ness only since the game came out to picking up Marth as a secondary (Ness' worse MU at that time) to seconding MK because he ***** Marth, and then waking up 1 morning and knowing how to play falco outta nowhere lol. I think it's cool if you can play multiple characters it shows skill and balance.

I can say I didn't pick up another character because of MK, I picked up another character because of characters like, zss, oli, and Rob I guess lol. (All pretty good Wifi characters i know >_<) I always told myself a secondary would just **** those other characters and my Ness would take over the MK's and Snakes. Which it still does lol. But since I've picked up MK the MK ditto is so much fun and I like playing him a lot. And since I've picked him up the MU is a ****load easier w/ Ness which I didn't think was possible because I've always found MK easy lol.

NNID
Budget_Player
not to be rude but thats awful logic imo

thats like saying

im okay with getting last place at tournaments by not using my characters full potential so that they dont ban him.

if that was my mindset, i honestly wouldve just quit this game. just because the players on this board main metaknight doesnt give us the excuse to be lazy, or not practice.
when i talk to TOP players (my standards are high), they put in SO much work. tech skill. gimps. playing cpus. theory craft. stage control. reads. the only one that doesnt do this seems to be ally, and honestly since he hasnt been practicing as much now, look at his placings, they are slowly going down.

this community is like. lol im going to screw around with falcon until tourny day. and then they lose to people that they really wouldnt have if they put the work in.

m2k literally. doesnt drop gimps. knows all his frame data. knows his follow ups. and is CREATIVE with his character, because he messes around and tries things, and plays to learn.

most people here just watch videos and/or copies what everyone else does. and no matter how hard you try, you wont get as good as jason by trying to play exactly like him. having similarities is okay, but being a youtubeknight wont get you past a certain point. ESPECIALLY when none of you, NONE OF YOU and i KNOW this put in the amount of hours jason has technically.
^actually that reminds me of something

being unique for the sake of being unique is ****ing pointless also. i honestly dont give a **** that you can land upsmashes on falcos because theyre ********, there are better, safer options. there is a difference between being innovative, and just throwing crap out so that you look different. even if you stand out you wont win, and nobody will care

k back

its like. everyone on this board does their little dair dair dair tornado **** on snake and then when it doesnt work and snake woops your *** everyone just comes to the question answer thread like. OMG WHAT DO I DO VERSE SNAKE like its a quick fix. i give you some gimmicks and then you go win for a few times

this is BAD because i feel like im making you all worse in the long run. we avoid learning how to Really play matchups, and adapt to the brick walls our opponents set up. in a sense, we are the reason mk looks like he should be banned, because we have resolved to the point where its okay to not put time into our character, and just underskill our opponents and still win.

and in all honesty, i am guilty of this to a degree also, However that doesnt mean that i dont try to put in the work. and it shows because
the ONE season. ONE that i was active and avidly practiced everyday.
i went from being an average mk that just sometimes went to tournaments, to 4th in my region. beating/taking games off of top players, and sometimes winning money. and NJ/NY is not an easy place to do that in.

so when i see players of ANY character really not put in the time, and just wants handouts it disgusts me.

and yes, i know i play gay as **** and i have beaten a lot of people that probably are better players than me because i have a certain play to win mindset and a lot of patience. and even if you can beat people "sometimes" by doing that, you still will never be consistent if you dont really try and practice.

also, wow i wrote a wall of text LOL. very rare
Why aren't more of your posts like this?

earla

Smash Lord
are their any new techniques/combos, new trends that have been introduced in the last 6 months?

was away from mk for awhile.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
study M2K, youll find a lot

but dont copy him and expect to be good you have to get good by yourself.

Try to be innovative and create your own traps/walls etc and be a smart player =)

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Adding to what Kaffei said, try using different moves together and see if you can make a new combo. Mixing and matching is a good way to find something new.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
mks soooo boring tho....also as i agree with what u have to say orion but some ppl dont want to dedicate there lives to this game and practice research stuff all day while u could be enjoying life. i just dedicate the days i go to tournaments for brawl and try to get much better each tourney i go too(my wii cant read disk at home anyway).

also since i know im not gonna be m2k status by not playing 200hrs a week i dont wanna limit myself with characters when i could be using so many fun characters and take other MU challenges

Kaffei

Smash Hero
question why do u have a MU thred if with enough practice u guys basically **** the the rest of the tier list?
To say that we don't need a match up thread because we "****" (-_-) the rest of the cast is extremely dumb. There is a reason why M2K is practicing the Diddy Match up.

@Big M: Why do you play MK then O.O

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Nah Falco and D3 are boring characters, MK isn't
lol... falco is sooo fun bro and d3 is mad fun too but can get boring.

@ kaffei - because overall he is the most fun and hes the best character to be aggressive with (which is my style) but what i was trying to say is that he gets boring.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
MK's by far the most fun (and sexiest) character in the game, imo. And then ZSS, I think, is the second most fun (and 2nd sexiest, coincidently).

@KoozyKris: You answered it yourself right there. With enough practice. Matchup threads help us focus on what we need to practice on to **** the whole cast, like you mentioned.

Jem.

Smash Master
I agree on Orion with playing around with different characters. You don't have to use them in tournament, but once you get good with them, you're like "okay, the character doesn't like to be put in this situation because this can happen" then when you're metaknight, you know it instantly. sure you think you know it as MK, but you know it better when you've played both sides.

I've personally been playing Diddy/Falco/Snake/Marth alongside MK. (I've gone all those characters in tournament except Marth) but I still use MK mainly.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
lol... falco is sooo fun bro and d3 is mad fun too but can get boring.

@ kaffei - because overall he is the most fun and hes the best character to be aggressive with (which is my style) but what i was trying to say is that he gets boring.
I mean I love Falco and wanna main him, but he's pretty boring at the same time. SHDL illusion away rinse and repeat until you kill them with Ftilt.

earla

Smash Lord
what true combos does mk have?

uair strings. is 5 guranteed on anyone if u read their DI?

any tips on uair combos?

im already experienced with the character. looking to take my mk much further.

Jem.

Smash Master
what true combos does mk have?

uair strings. is 5 guranteed on anyone if u read their DI?

any tips on uair combos?

im already experienced with the character. looking to take my mk much further.
I stop uairing after 2-3 hits, because they should have SDI'd out by then. In which case, you fall, then uair again, or just fall into nado.

or at low percent I just do uairx2-3 then nair then whatever

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Every character can SDI it. It's just easier to do on heavier characters (for me at least)

Psycho Meta Knight

Smash Apprentice
Is their a topic listing MK's chain grabs? Because I can't seem to find one. And if not, could someone tell me who all is chain-grab-able by MK?

Top Bottom