• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Nope

And nope

TL is a *****. Imma just put that out there now. I play with Jerm almost everyday, seriously the best TL in the world at the match up and it's a huge pain in the ***.

You seriously need to be on top of your PS game. He has a bunch of traps with bombs and boomerang so you need to be mindful of what he does with him and how uses them. One thing he likes to do is throw a bomb at you forcing you in shield then run up and Nair you to re-catch the bomb so it either shield pokes or he can throw the bomb right back at you.

Watch for I bombs which are a big way for TL to beat SL and Nado. Also Nado doesn't beat bombs so don't try it. Sometimes it will but a lot of times it won't, it's very situational that Nado wins. Don't air dodge into TL, and watch for Zair > grab or Zair > Nair. That's most of his follow ups. Also simple Bair strings work surprisingly well for TL. I still don't know a lot about the MU. It's a pain but you have to weave in and around all his **** to get to him. Watch out for Dair because they can pogo you for 24ish percent and early Uair kills as well. His spot dodge and air dodge are really good but his rolls are trash. Also TLs like to Zair you after you D throw them so if you can PS then you're golden, but if you're not sure just follow with Nado.

You really need to poke him and just build little damage here and there, he's not a character that's easily combo'd. Ftilt is a pretty bad move in the MU IMO because it's usually a free grab for him, so unless you can land it don't use it.

Use Up-B to cut through his stuff and Nado is really good when he doesn't have a bomb.

Try to Dair him on recovery but watch out for his boomerang when going off stage, usually it's thrown to the ledge so it's hard to get around, but if you do you can Dair it and gimp him.

That's pretty much all I've got, if Dojo happens to comment on this he can tell you everything you need to know
Shoop doop just avoid the poop

30shuttleloops

Dnyce

Smash Master
Try Dairing Olimar then follow with a FF Nair or Fair, they always try to grab you after you SH Dair
Yup, it makes perfect sense to try to grab a metaknight trying to dair... he wouldn't have 5 jumps or anything. What kind of Olimars are you playing? lmfao

Staco

Smash Champion

Yup, it makes perfect sense to try to grab a metaknight trying to dair... he wouldn't have 5 jumps or anything. What kind of Olimars are you playing? lmfao
olimar could just run forward and usmash you, if you space the dair that low, that he thinks he needs to grab, lmao

up b of olimar beats tornado, LOL

I really don´t know how to approach in that matchup, just doing really deffensive dairs and waiting for an opening
trying to find a gap and get olimar away from his ground position

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Idk how to approach Olimar either. It's like what ever I do, Olimar beats it.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
bleh, I see. That's basically the one matchup that I can win against my friend, but I'm always at like 90%. How to avoid Olimar's pivot grabs (and grabs in general)? When I try to approach from the air I can't hit him but he grabs me. I try to space but that just gets Pikmin thrown at me. If I approach from diagonals in air, would those be safer? Running Usmash would hurt though.

Edit @Staco: waiting for an opening gets Pikmin thrown at me, and one can only swat away for so long

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Why would you ever short hop dair Olimar?

I don't think MK can really ever "safely" approach Olimar. It seems like the kinda thing where you get hit away a bunch trying to come in, but when you do, you ****.

Also if Fino disagrees with you, it means you're wrong.

Staco

Smash Champion
bleh, I see. That's basically the one matchup that I can win against my friend, but I'm always at like 90%. How to avoid Olimar's pivot grabs (and grabs in general)? When I try to approach from the air I can't hit him but he grabs me. I try to space but that just gets Pikmin thrown at me. If I approach from diagonals in air, would those be safer? Running Usmash would hurt though.

Edit @Staco: waiting for an opening gets Pikmin thrown at me, and one can only swat away for so long
kill the pikmins as long as all of them die

I think about playing the MU different
trying to push olimar more and more to the edge, while killing his pikmin
when he is at the edge he will do something offensive

Player-4

See you in 25 years

I don't think MK can really ever "safely" approach Olimar. It seems like the kinda thing where you get hit away a bunch trying to come in, but when you do, you ****.

LOOOOOL so much naivety and meat ride in one post

Orion*

Smash Researcher

dont make me get allied to tell you how wrong you are LMAO

also, dair is frame 4 and fair is frame 6 for mk

olimars usmash is frame 8

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I feel like I know you...did you play Tink?

Also lol at the general discussion thing. I thought P4 might have said something stupid that somehow pissed off SNO, but he said ALMOST NOTHING. Like I've never seen somebody snap so randomly on a forum.

LOOOOOL so much naivety and meat ride in one post
I hate Fino.

dont make me get allied to tell you how wrong you are LMAO

Or you could just tell me what's wrong about it? I don't get why you would ever not full hop a dair vs Olimar...
Or is it about the approaching thing? Because when they have a purple I always get hit away by fsmash/side B.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
what do you do vs jigglypuff with metaknight gaiz?!?!?
get her on the ground. She can't do absolutely anything other than try to grab ***** you.

edit: wth, oops, i had my settings set to newest post but it's actually old. Sorry I didn't notice this!

etecoon

Smash Hero
thanks for making me feel bad about losing to icylight last week, *******

j/k I <3 SeXyknight

Dojo

Smash Champion
Jason just got nervous. 2nd match didn't go as well as the first because Brood is legit and adapts. Hard chokes under pressure. GG Jason.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have an important gameplay related question.

P4, why are you such a whiny *****?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Solid strategy.

Moves have cool down as well.

Jason just got nervous. 2nd match didn't go as well as the first because Brood is legit and adapts. Hard chokes under pressure. GG Jason.
Fact.

-Kiros-

Smash Journeyman
kill the pikmins as long as all of them die

I think about playing the MU different
Will Olimar budge though? If he's keeping you away with Pikmin, do you just have to wade through the throws and get extra damage and somehow avoid his grabs? Purples are annoying though when they kb you. I guess moving forward and killing Pikmin would be better, but make sure to stay out of grab range?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Also lol at the general discussion thing. I thought P4 might have said something stupid that somehow pissed off SNO, but he said ALMOST NOTHING. Like I've never seen somebody snap so randomly on a forum.
excuse me? I took it to PM and HE SNAPPED, telling me to "shut the **** up."

Stay out of stuff that doesn't concern you please.

I agree. M2K is terrible.
oh n/m, obvs troll is obvs. Why don't you play and beat Brood yourself?

question:

is n-air mk's best oos option?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
i will be mad if a metak***** doesnt answer my oos shield question whats better n-air or shuttle loop for oos

also

if i drop kirby for mk will people understand im still using same character but with a mask
and no bad match ups

etecoon

Smash Hero
it's circumstancial, both have their place

no one will think that, and no one will care that you're using a broken character anyway because you're still bad

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
it's circumstancial, both have their place

no one will think that, and no one will care that you're using a broken character anyway because you're still bad
great, so i can beat people while sucking to add more salt to the wound. Sounds like a plan
i mean thats what most mk players do anyway right?
not including the ones who are legitly good at this game though.

2nd time

shuttle loop or n-air?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Do not bring the social here. I didn't close that thread just for your guys to move here. Dinah and Gates, you two seriously need to leave the MK boards. I'm sick of all the spam you guys post and 0 contributions to anything.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Do not bring the social here. I didn't close that thread just for your guys to move here. Dinah and Gates, you two seriously need to leave the MK boards. I'm sick of all the spam you guys post and 0 contributions to anything.
when i move im maining mk. I mentioned this before. Posting in social =/= spam. If it's spam, start infracting for it instead of just saying "leave." you're the mod after all.

4th time, shuttle loop or n-air

etecoon

Smash Hero
it depends on the situation and preference, obviously both are viable out of shield options, as are your other aerials, or dropping shield and doing a ground attack. YOU need to experiment and see what works for you. don't be a slothful copy pasta knight

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
it depends on the situation and preference, obviously both are viable out of shield options, as are your other aerials, or dropping shield and doing a ground attack. YOU need to experiment and see what works for you. don't be a slothful copy pasta knight
ok thanks, appreciate it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings

Top Bottom