• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Actually when you do see it, you won't like it.

I will do it though.

EDIT: Omni LMFAO @ your glide getting FS'd

tshahi10

Smash Ace
what should my strategy be against mario? im getting hit by u smash when im in the air, and sheild to dsmash on the ground.

also, is there a guide to shuttle loop gimping, or tactics?

im relativly bad at brawl

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
I have a question about the ditto. How can I avoid UpB? It seems I get killed early most of the time and it semms this is the only way my oponent gets a KO on me. How can I deal with this thanks.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Actually when you do see it, you won't like it.

I will do it though.

EDIT: Omni LMFAO @ your glide getting FS'd
Oh yeah I forget your MK is known for being beast at the ditto, or in general.

Oh wait...

I would quit the game(I already did but that's beside the point) before using diddy, **** that character. vato does use him though last I knew
I meant beat Mike at all, but k.

I have a question about the ditto. How can I avoid UpB? It seems I get killed early most of the time and it semms this is the only way my oponent gets a KO on me. How can I deal with this thanks.
If you get popped up are you're expecting him to Shuttle you, just jump Dair, you'll punish him and be completely safe.
Or, ya know, airdodge it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Tornado spamming is the worst thing MK can do even against **** like DK. It needs to be used smartly like every other move to be broken. A stupid amount of people don't seem to realize lol.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think about drill rush as an offensive move? I mean, don't get me wrong, its terrible in most situations, but it can shield stab really well and if it hits at higher percents it can set up for Uair frame traps. It could be a possible option after Nadoing someone's shield away.

Just thinking outside the box a lil. :3

etecoon

Smash Hero
it can work if you know specific things that it beats(for instance it beats MK's glide attack so if you see them gliding you can use it sometimes), and it can be edge canceled. sometimes I do it if I read someone rolling backward or something too but its uses are somewhat limited

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I do silly things with Drill Rush from time to time by acting like I'm going to DRush to the ledge then curve it up and hit my opponent waiting on the stage. It works surprisingly well and it can trip or put them in enough hit stun where you can Dsmash or grab after DRushing into them if you do it right (curve it into the ground, best results at lower percent)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Drill rush goes through SV. So if timed right you can Clip a Pit of his up b if he is like directly under sv, and his head is grazing against the ceiling

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Great! I'm glad drill rush can be useful in at least a few situations.

Does anyone ledge cancel drill rush ever? I find it useful once in a blue moon.

If you can get it to ledge cancel and your opponent is either in shield near the ledge or is hit you get a guaranteed Nair, Dair, or Tornado on them. And the tornado will almost always poke since drill rush eats their shield away.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I drive it over the ledge, tilt it down and autoswap the ledge.
It is useful for ledgeguarding or just randomly poke shields lol.

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey anyone got the vid to mk's hit bubbles? i got the thread but the vid isnt on there. cant find it on generic search either.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I haven't played much, but a little. They can do stupid GR stuff to use, but nothing to worry about. You can gimp him with ease when you get comfortable with her recovery, at first it might feel a little weird.
I also suggest jumping over her needles, we got those jumps for a reason.
And play the beginning of the stock like against Falco, don't get grabbed or tilted or it's gonna suck.

After you are at 80%, they can't do **** lol.

That's all I know actually lol.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah, but they won't.
Lmao you're ********

@Boofy
I've played against some Sheiks here and there in tourney, as funny as it sounds, just do some Meta Knight **** and you'll be fine. She's mid tier for a reason and if you just abuse your gay stuff you'll be fine.

Sheiks will dacus GR kill you once they have the chance, count on it and don't take it lightly. Her Ftilt is pretty gay but you just have SDI it and Shuttle. Also watch out for random dacus' across stage, it's her best killing move besides her Up-B's starting explosion, which they'll also use as a mind game and a kill move. Idk, like I said I don't know what I should be doing, I just get in their face, do my thing, and win lol

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
What can reliably beat both a dash into shield-grab/sidestep approach from kirby? I was thinking Tornado, but I know they're gonna figure it out and Fsmash me for it eventually. Q_Q Same thing with Ftilt. They can just hold shield and **** me for it.

All I can think of is like... charged Fsmash.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What can reliably beat both a dash into shield-grab/sidestep approach from kirby? I was thinking Tornado, but I know they're gonna figure it out and Fsmash me for it eventually. Q_Q Same thing with Ftilt. They can just hold shield and **** me for it.

All I can think of is like... charged Fsmash.
walk back then ftilt
walk back then something

Top Bottom