• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Dojo

Smash Champion
If the opponent is trying to pressure you while you're on the ledge, you can release and jump while airdodging onto the stage and immediately buffering into a ftilt. This leaves a very small window of opportunity for them to attack and usually comes out unexpected.

Jason added in the uair while releasing just for the hell of it. It has no honest use unless the opponent actually comes rushing at you which you can get that off just by reacting to it. Usually the opponent knows not to step that close to the ledge against MK.

Nic64

Smash Lord
Small window is an understatement, I've had MK powershield Snake's turbo jab when I called him on ledge drop > jump/air dodge before(not the typical result but the fact that it's possible is pretty wtf)

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
...This leaves a very small window of opportunity for them to attack and usually comes out unexpected...
Ever since you told me about this some odd months ago I've been watching other MKs to see if they do it or not. I found, as G&W, I can punish the so called "small window" (5 frames) quite easily with a well timed dsmash or charged fsmash in some cases. Since most MKs feel safe with this get up approach, I'm given an unexpected kill move.

Just a word of caution not to use this too often in a match, especially if you're at kill percents and the opponent is just standing there.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Wow, I just realized that in SSB4 they are gonna super nerf MK.

If they do this will any of you still play as him?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Wow, I just realized that in SSB4 they are gonna super buff MK.

If they do this will any of you still play as him?
That's not going to happen, but if it did, I would only play him if he didn't seem like he would be banned, and if Deoxys isn't in the game with a good moveset.

Are you sure you mean buff, not nerf? The only way I see them buffing MK is if they buff every character
, excluding Link obviously, as a decent Link in a Smash game is sacrilege.
Hey Sticky I got something to ask.
What is all MK'S weaknesses
Copied from SmashWiki:
Meta Knight has only a handful of weaknesses. His lateral aerial movement outside of a glide or any special move is very poor (in the bottom 5). A few characters can chaingrab or grab release combo him because of his poor, short air release (the third worst behind Wario and Squirtle when including small characters). He has only four viable finishers, and none of them are meteor smashes (though he can gimp recoveries to remedy this and is considered by some to be the best edge-guarder). He has no projectiles, and his weight is low [(tied for the fourth lightest) but as mentioned above he is still hard to KO when having good Directional Influence/momentum cancel]. However, his low weight also makes him difficult to chain grab. It is good to be aware that a lot of his multi-hit attacks like his Forward and Back Aerials, Forward Tilt, Up Smash, and Mach Tornado can all be escaped with Smash DI. Also, even though all four of his special moves are recovery moves they all leave him helpless, so a beginner mistake using Meta Knight would be to use any of his specials and accidentally go off stage, leaving to fall to his death (though this is not very common at higher levels of play).

Deoxys

Smash Lord
You can SDI out of F-tilt?
I'm not sure, but I've had opponents escape both buffered and unbuffered ftilts if they're near the end of the hitbox to begin with and/or at a high percent and/or have outward momentum already (as in a Mach F-Tilt or botched M2K combo).

The reach of the second hit is similar to that of the first, right?

Also, my question is still unanswered: Which is the fastest throw? Fthrow?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
That's not going to happen, but if it did, I would only play him if he didn't seem like he would be banned, and if Deoxys isn't in the game with a good moveset.

Are you sure you mean buff, not nerf? The only way I see them buffing MK is if they buff every character
, excluding Link obviously, as a decent Link in a Smash game is sacrilege.
Oops, I meant *nerf* not *buff*.

Nic64

Smash Lord
I think that's more of a question for the social thread as it doesn't really pertain to MK's gameplay.

but to answer, no I probably wouldn't main MK if he wasn't broken. He's an ok character outside of smash but I can't say I have any loyalty to him, he's simply the easiest tool for achieving victory.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Uair combos to Up B cuz they never DI, and it's safe
Yeah but most smart opponents won't bother standing that close to the edge with you on it. They should know they can get hit by an Uair. If they are then go ahead and use the Uair but it's not really needed while doing the buffered ftilt from the edge.

Nic64

Smash Lord
As well as not being as strong as you'd like it's also pretty much the most telegraphed attack in MK's arsenal(except in some circumstances DC attack) and around KO % people are especially cautious.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
I'm starting to get into doubles matches alot more often ( I use to hate them...)

Anyways my teammate is a Wario user so what am I supposed to do when I'm teaming with Wario?

What would be some good stages?

And just to be flashy and show off what are some combos for both of us to use.

Also are there any combos/strings/followups that MK can do alone on anyone? I mean like universal combos/strings/followups that work on like almost all the cast. I've always been wondering this.

Thanks for your help hope that made sense.

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to get into doubles matches alot more often ( I use to hate them...)

Anyways my teammate is a Wario user so what am I supposed to do when I'm teaming with Wario?

What would be some good stages?

And just to be flashy and show off what are some combos for both of us to use.

Also are there any combos/strings/followups that MK can do alone on anyone? I mean like universal combos/strings/followups that work on like almost all the cast. I've always been wondering this.

Thanks for your help hope that made sense.
A good early gimp combo i love to do with Mk is the grab release near an edge and a backwards shuttle loop. Always gets me the first stock quick. And I suppose a good combo with a wario teammate would be a fart to a shuttle loop. Not really a team player because no one around me likes doubles.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
DOJO!!! Hey man, you're one of my favorite pro players! :chuckle:
I was just wondering, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked (and it probably has), which characters, if any, can MK chaingrab and with what throws?
P.S. if your friend roster isn't full, would you mind adding me? I need some serious training :/

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
DOJO!!! Hey man, you're one of my favorite pro players! :chuckle:
I was just wondering, and I'm sorry if this has already been asked (and it probably has), which characters, if any, can MK chaingrab and with what throws?
P.S. if your friend roster isn't full, would you mind adding me? I need some serious training :/
MK can chaingrab CPUs with Dthrow.

Try it on Bridge of Eldin. It's fun.

My guess is that an angled up fsmash beats GA, but GA def has more disjointed hitbox range.
Fsmash can be angled? Are you serious? =(

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
FSmash can't be angled up. Did you mean on a slope? O_o

None.
yes sorry didnt specify it. And i've actually done some real testing and was a bit surprised. The glide attack has disjointed hitboxes depending on how you glide. And even normally thrown out an fsmash cant be tilted. Either way GA wins. As for the chaingrab he has two down throws on fastfallers and a follow-up fair thats all i've done.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ya I have a question if I send nude pics to whoever created the MK backroom can I haz membership? I'm REALLY cute :bee:
How else do you think I got into the Jiggz and Kirby backroom? Surely not by talent...

ok srs question

What is better for an approach? SH f-air or SH d-air? Or is it best to mix them up?

Roxas1988

Smash Journeyman
Ya I have a question if I send nude pics to whoever created the MK backroom can I haz membership? I'm REALLY cute :bee:
How else do you think I got into the Jiggz and Kirby backroom? Surely not by talent...

ok srs question

What is better for an approach? SH f-air or SH d-air? Or is it best to mix them up?
That is interesting but lets keep it serious and brawl related please, but thanks for the lolz. I would use SH-fair for the approach as it gives you the chance to space and attack. As for the SH-Dair, I would save for camping or an approach from above. But stick with the fair if your on the ground.

Top Bottom