• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ya I have a question if I send nude pics to whoever created the MK backroom can I haz membership? I'm REALLY cute :bee:
Umm, sure. You'd better actually be cute, though.
What is better for an approach? SH f-air or SH d-air? Or is it best to mix them up?
It's almost always best to mix up your approaches. Being predictable is usually bad.

So, are you playing MK again? Your youtube page says he's not the character for you. Also, players don't "look REAL bad" when they lose with MK like your youtube page says. The best and most respected players in the world lose with MK all the time and no one cares.

( ◕ ◡ ◕) ̲☂

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Umm, sure. You'd better actually be cute, though.

It's almost always best to mix up your approaches. Being predictable is usually bad.

So, are you playing MK again? Your youtube page says he's not the character for you. Also, players don't "look REAL bad" when they lose with MK like your youtube page says. The best and most respected players in the world lose with MK all the time and no one cares.

( ◕ ◡ ◕) ̲☂
lmaaaoo obsly my youtube description was there to troll the MK community.;)
in case you haven't noticed, I am a closet MK board troll even tho I love him hahahaha... I do it because its so srs around here =/
However it is true I feel empty when I win with him... it's just something personal... I feel dirty when I gimp someone with d-air lawl. But hell part of my description trolls 95% of the Pokemon community
and I actually mean every single word of it and im NEVER removing that part from my description
. Hard. Real hard. :lick:

Edit: lol wow I feel bad someone took that trash talk I put about MK srsly. You want me to change it? But really tho y would I be subbed to Affinity
and offer nude pics
if I truly beleived that? xD

I have mixed feelings using him... I've tried to pick up other characters to help against Kirby's matchups such as Peach or Wario but they are simply too difficult for me to use. I dislike using the best character in the game but if I want to srsly place in anything it looks like im going to have to. =/ For now, I can't use him at Hobo because he's banned. When I move... I'm going to consider it.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
it's just something personal... I feel dirty when I gimp someone with d-air lawl.
Would you feel dirty if you did an infinite combo to someone?

But hell part of my description trolls 95% of the Pokemon community
and I actually mean every single word of it and im NEVER removing that part from my description
. Hard. Real hard. :lick:
I didn't see anything there that trolled as hard on the Pokemon community as much as the MK community. All I saw was you asking why people listen to Smogon and saying that Pokemon Battle Revolution videos are boring. If you found OU boring, you should have started playing Ubers instead. :p

Edit: lol wow I feel bad someone took that trash talk I put about MK srsly. You want me to change it?
Yes please. It sounds like you seriously feel that way.

For now, I can't use him at Hobo because he's banned.
LOL@HOBO banning MK! ꒪ꎳ꒪

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Would you feel dirty if you did an infinite combo to someone?
Yes... I rather gimp someone with a d-air anyday than infinite someone. Good point.

I didn't see anything there that trolled as hard on the Pokemon community as much as the MK community. All I saw was you asking why people listen to Smogon and saying that Pokemon Battle Revolution videos are boring. If you found OU boring, you should have started playing Ubers instead. :p
Right here is the big **** you to the pokemon community:

"In fact, I'm going to go so far to say that Smogon ruined a lot of the game. They present themselves as being THE source for Pokemon strategies, when in truth many of their move sets and EV spreads are horribly flawed. Still, 90% of competitve people copy pasta these strategies, making them ridicuoulsy preditcible and easy to counter. This is another reason why I quit.

Competitive Pokemon truly is a snore-fest now thanks to these variables."

In other words, most people have inferior, predictible movesets and aren't even worth my time battiling. And honestly it's the truth. Go read RMTs or lurk they all have the same ****.

Yes please. It sounds like you seriously feel that way.

I changed it... didn't mean to offend anyone... my bad bro <3 didn't realize people even took wut i put on channel srsly or even bother to read my channel. I mean I always said dont challenge me, advertise, spam ect and people still did it so i assume no one read channel descriptions lol.

LOL@HOBO banning MK! ꒪ꎳ꒪
Yea.... Xyro has this anti-MK fetish or sumthing lol o.O Look at the bg of this chat:
http://xat.com/chat/room/37031718/

I really wished I had MK when my Kirby got put against against Texas' best ZSS... :urg:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Is Snakeee Texan? Also, is MK's ZSS matchup really better than any of your other characters'? Do you feel dirty spiking someone or kirbyciding them?

If you're good at Ubers, please battle me! :p
no it was this other dude who begins with a S. Shlite or sumthing? I only use Kirby, Jiggz and MK
becuz im too ******** to use any other character
. I knew my Kirby was ****ed so for lulz I went Jigglypuff next round
so jiggz backroom wont **** me for not representn'
even tho I was told not to because she is so bad offline. I can't validate that claim... it's just it felt like I was using a completely different character than her wifi counterpart. Im going to go so far to say it felt like i was using her for the first time .

No I don't feel dirty spiking or Kirbyciding... actually it feels
soooooooooooooooooooo
good
ommg....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdqgZea9pA#movie_player

1:55

that turned me on so much I had to taunt AND hump the floor =D

but dude your right like the **** IC's do with CGs are worse than MK's d-air so imma gonna use him without regrets.

Now a question. Taunt spamming is srs business, but it doesn't seem MK has a spammable taunt. Would you recommend jab spam or crouch spam to taunt?

and ya i might go into ubers because my fav one got buffed (Ho-oh) but wait until i get Heart Gold

Vitality

Smash Ace
I see many MKs doing dair against Snake and I tried doing it. Snake just kept taking me out with his utilt so how do you space out dair so it doesn't get punished?

Deoxys

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsdqgZea9pA#movie_player

1:55

that turned me on so much I had to taunt AND hump the floor =D
Haha, if SSBB gave me any kind of sexual pleasure I'm sure I'd be turned on, too. O.o lol

This reminds me of the only time I've KO'd someone at 0 before, too, only they didn't die because of a superfluous aerial: it was footstool->blast zone. It was a game between me and Noodles to determine who gets to play as the dark MK when we face off. A shame it was on some random Wii at a tournament.

but dude your right like the **** IC's do with CGs are worse than MK's d-air so imma gonna use him without regrets.
Don't forget Pikachu, DDD, and, to a lesser extent, falco can go gay with infinites, too! :bee:

Now a question. Taunt spamming is srs business, but it doesn't seem MK has a spammable taunt. Would you recommend jab spam or crouch spam to taunt?
MK has lots of flashy looking techs (Buffered F-Tilts, Halberding, IDC, etc.) that I sometimes abuse to taunt (not the tertiary in a tourney...), but UTilt and USmash are nice victory twirls that shows off MK's gayness, and uair and Mt are also wonderfully spammable. Dimensional Cape is fun, too, and I end many victories by disappearing right as the match ends.

and ya i might go into ubers because my fav one got buffed (Ho-oh) but wait until i get Heart Gold
Umm, we're talking Shoddy, right? If not, then I don't want to battle if you have hacked IVs unless you teach me to hack them, too. XD

I see many MKs doing dair against Snake and I tried doing it. Snake just kept taking me out with his utilt so how do you space out dair so it doesn't get punished?
Your attack is faster. If they utilt, dodge and punish. If they don't, dair before they can utilt you. It also helps to face away from them and use the very end of Galaxia's stroke. As a bonus, it has more damage and knockback when tippered.

HAY EV-WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-ONE, head over to the last page of the "Victory Is My Destiny" guide and see if you know wtf he's talking about in the part I quote.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
I have noooo clue how to play sheik as MK. I was up against Armada in a small tourny but he mosltly combo me from 0-40 and then needlecamp me to 80%. After that he just grabs me and dacus the **** outta me.

And there is no sheik matchup in the matchupthread! Someone have good sheik experience?

Sheik is fast, has good jumps, and has a very high attack speed. Most of her attacks don't do much overall damage but don't have good knockback, allowing her to throw in a lot of combos even on small, lightweight characters like Meta Knight.
Can't you just hang on to the ledge or jump over the Needle-Camping?
Sheik apparently has a 40 on Meta Knight, but there is an unknown matchup for Meta Knight on Sheik.
Also, you need to watch out for Sheik's U-Smash, as it can kill at 100% is sweetspotted, and can kill at almost any percent higher than that.
Try to get the Sheik into the air, as he/she does not have as good of an air game as Meta Knight does.
That's all I can suggest, as I am not as good of an MK professor as some other people here.

Question: Is there a certain time between hitting the U-Smash during MK's IDC to keep it going? Or hit it as fast as possible?

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
All I know in this matchup is like. Get sheik above MK. Edgecamp her like crazy......and thats it. I know Usmash kills me at like 90% everytime and when I get grabbed. I either die or take 30% dmg. And thats the problem. U cant get grabbed. Its like playing against a super fast IC.

If u stay in the air. U have to get down and if you land far from sheik, needles. If you land near, the risk is that she can grab you. If you tornado back and sheik reads it, you will get grabbed.

Why isnt there a Sheik matchup in the matchup thread? Armada is rapeing everyone in europe :p lol

V

Smash Ace
What are some good moves/techniques to bait people with? I need some good mindgame stuff.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Sadly Zac, I don't see much GW can do to super safe pokes and **** like that. If MK takes no risks, GW can't do anything to him.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Why do most people seem to think that MK's tornado is unpunishable online?

It doesn't make sense, with lag, it's alot harder to control the tornado.

Why do most people seem to think that MK's tornado is unpunishable online?

It doesn't make sense, with lag, it's alot harder to control the tornado.
They do?

It is punishable to some extent.
He can be punished in that short time it takes him to land from the Mach Tornado, whether he is in the air or on the ground, there is a small time that people can use to charge an F-smash or something.
Especially if he's in the air, because he falls into helpless.

why is mks fair considered to be so good? i never have been able to use it well:embarrass
Because it has pretty good priority and also creates a 'wall of hitboxes' in front of Meta Knight, rendering him hard-to-hit from the front.
Just short jump and try to use it, that's when it is good to use.
Also:
Deoxys said:
F-air has a transcendant hitbox.
From the 'Meta Knight's frame data' thread.

Nick A

Smash Cadet
I was watching a M2k video where he did something i have never seen: he dash grabbed an opponent on the edge of the stage which resulted in them sliding off together and resulted in a MK neutral air. Anyone know how he did this?

n00f!

Smash Rookie
Just starting with MK. Would reading Victory is My Destiny be the best thing to start with? I was thinking:

1. Read ViMD
2. Practice, practice, practice DI
3. Practice, practice, practice ATs (Most important ones?)

From there, I could tell if he's the one to main for awhile.

I was also wondering what a good controller layout is for MK.

Just starting with MK. Would reading Victory is My Destiny be the best thing to start with? I was thinking:

1. Read ViMD
2. Practice, practice, practice DI
3. Practice, practice, practice ATs (Most important ones?)

From there, I could tell if he's the one to main for awhile.

I was also wondering what a good controller layout is for MK.
Yes, certainly follow through with the "Victory is My Destiny" plan. Before that, just play around with Meta Knight and get to know his moveset and recovery (if you're just starting).
DI is extremely important to learn, considering it can save you in many ways. I myself am still trying it out.

Controller layout? What controller do you have? If it's Gamecube, then I cannot suggest much. If it's a Classic Controller, then I can suggest a bit.

n00f!

Smash Rookie
Yes, certainly follow through with the "Victory is My Destiny" plan. Before that, just play around with Meta Knight and get to know his moveset and recovery (if you're just starting).
DI is extremely important to learn, considering it can save you in many ways. I myself am still trying it out.

Controller layout? What controller do you have? If it's Gamecube, then I cannot suggest much. If it's a Classic Controller, then I can suggest a bit.
I have a wired GameCube controller.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I have a wired GameCube controller.
I really like L and Y as Grab and Z as Jump. Also, tap jump on is superior because if you try to cancel a meteor too early with a jump button, you have to wait twice as long to cancel it, but if you try to cancel it early by using tap jump, there is no penalty.
I was watching a M2k video where he did something i have never seen: he dash grabbed an opponent on the edge of the stage which resulted in them sliding off together and resulted in a MK neutral air. Anyone know how he did this?
Yes. You simply grab them with enough momentum that you slide off the stage.

My question: Which has more range: the final hit of Ftilt or Glide Attack?

earla

Smash Lord
1. what are the best options to punish gaw's dair if it lands:

a) close to you infront of you
b) close to you behind you
c) a characters length infront of you
d) a characteres length behind you

2. how do you use fair against gaw? i thought gaw's bair beats mk's fair????

3. is it worth going for up-airs under gaw's key or is the timinig too difficult?

4. considering that new AT that puts your into freefall, when is nado useful?

thx

edit: not new AT. im not sure how fresh it is, but im refering to when they up b near your nado and you're sent into free fall

My question: Which has more range: the final hit of Ftilt or Glide Attack?
I think that the final hit of F-tilt has slightly more range (but not enough power) than the Glide Attack.
Well, the Glide Attack seems to have more hitbox below and above it, not in front. Speaking in vertical hitbox terms, the Glide Attack is good. But speaking in horizontal and vertical hitbox terms, F-tilt's final hit is better.
Overall, F-tilt final hit has more hitbox than Glide Attack. However, the Glide Attack obviously has much more power.

I can has MK knowledge? :<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I have a question that really pertains to the Pit v MK matchup.

Which of the higher-ranking MKs have a ton of Pit experience, and I mean quite a bit of it too? It is because I want to revise the matchup in order to gather some information, including range/priorities, Stage CPs/Bans, etc... you know.

I wish to contact such MK players with Pit experience so I can get this matchup from a MK's point-of-view, like a detailed summary so I can have an updated Pit matchup thing going. I will have to ask this to the other places that I have not gathered enough detailed information on, but some of the Pit members asked me to get info on the top tier chars earlier, so, um, yea.

Also, because MK is common and being #1 on the list, as well as posing a huge threat to Pit, I may need at least 2 or 3 different MKs to help provide info, some include the best Stages for Pit to be on, and such.

So, can you guys help me out with this mission from a Pit-experienced MK's point-of-view? It would really appreciate it.
You can contact me either in PM or on AIM so I can get this started.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I think that the final hit of F-tilt has slightly more range (but not enough power) than the Glide Attack.
Well, the Glide Attack seems to have more hitbox below and above it, not in front. Speaking in vertical hitbox terms, the Glide Attack is good. But speaking in horizontal and vertical hitbox terms, F-tilt's final hit is better.
Overall, F-tilt final hit has more hitbox than Glide Attack. However, the Glide Attack obviously has much more power.

I can has MK knowledge? :<
I think so, too, but I think GA's hitbox is kind of broken horizontally, so I'm not sure.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
@earla
A&b)grab
B&C)ftilt

if they wanna turtle you dont even bother with f-air, just stay grounded and up-b or stay outs its range and punish with f-tilt. If you wanna fair do it after a d-throw or when his back isnt to you

you cant be under his key to up-air it you have to be beside it so that the key doesnt hit you. you could also just up-tilt it since it beats key cleanly

use nado sparingly its not great vs g&w use it to punish his moves or to go through his aerials (minus d-airs from above)

i use default controls
leave tap jump on

ftilt 3 outranges all of metas other moves

Top Bottom