• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight, the goods and info you need to know.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Hi, I wanted to discuss Meta Knight and tell you about some popular tech and tricks you might want to know about Meta Knight.

Shoot Loop Cancel: Ah yes a lot fo you already know about this but i want to bring it to mind. Shuttle Loop Cancel is a GREAT cancel but has its down side. Shuttle Loop Cancel is easiest on Final Destination. You go under the cliff and do UP B and it will knock back your opponent and it can be used as a mind game. But make sure you dont spam it because if you opponent edge hogs, your not coming .

Dimensional Infinite: This was recently discovered. You use Down B AND IMMEDIATELY TAP THE C STICK UPWARDS. And continue to hold down. This will let you stay invincible longer than the Dimensional Cape would usually let you.

Down Smash 2nd Hit: Some of you may know but Meta Knight 2nd hit is better than his foward smash. It does a few more percent. And when you hit both 1st and 2nd hit, its one of Meta Knight better kill moves .______.

Halberding : I dont know the offical name but its when you go under a stage and use Up B and it looks like you go threw the stage.

Dimensional Edge Hog: This is when you use Down B and go towards the end of the stage and grab the edge like a edge hog. Its a edge hog mind game.

Dimensional Edgehog Stall: This is when you already edgehog and you drop down and use the Dimensional Cape to go upwards and grab the edge. You must tilt the Anolog Stick with a little bit of force to do this tech. you must be perfect or you will go to high and probably get edgehogged or smashed. Also you can not use enough forced and miss and SD

Plateform Cancel: This is usually done on Halberd. You go under the platform while your in the air and use your Up B under the platform and right before you hit the platfrom use your Down Air. You can do this with a few other moves also. Other Stages: Battlefield, Norfair, and Smashville

This is just a few of the things I want to discuss. When i get a computer i will discuss and inform you with more!

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Just something quick to mention, I believe the tech was unofficially called "Halberding", but it's essentially shuttle loop ledge cancelling into another immidiate up-b, which can have uses for juggling at lower %'s.

Good stages to test this on would be Battlefield, Smashville, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat, & Norfair

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
and halberd is the easiest lol. I started doing that by accident lol
True, but it has it's uses, yes?

Also, 1 good use for DC, from my perspective, is speeding up a landing; i.e., you're knocked upwards, and your opponent is hovering underneath, waiting for a possible upsmash/whatever; just outside their hitbox, DC'ing to the ground, and (this WILL vary based on who you're fighting) leading into a Dsmash can be a sneaky and unexpected way to get them offstage.

Do not overuse this, since keeping them guessing can always be your best mindgame.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yea i usually do that and it works on everyone but my cousin Vex Kasrani, he knows how i play and he knows how i move. Its a great bit of info

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
PLANK!!!!! I HAVENT SEEN YOU SINCE SPOC 3 DUDE! Yo i might see you at Critical Hit 4 if Keitaro or Velocity will give me a **** ride. Btw i need a good meta knight to ditto because dmbrandon is gay and says meta dittos are pointless

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thats cuz dmbrandon living is pointless, but sure, id love to play ya at ch4

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
PLANK!! mm mk ditto when we see each other..

i just started playing brawl again XD

but i'll beat u in both games my number 17 man LMFAO

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i suck *** at melee LOLLLLLL

hey but guess what ill beat u with MK and ill beat u with wario son come to ch4 and ull see whats up XD

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Couple of things I use myself.

Ledge Unblockables - This isn't specific to metaknight, but if you push someone off a platform while they guard, they are open to attacks for a brief moment. Metaknight's f.air and b.air are excellent for this. If an opponent is on a platform above you near the edge guarding, jump up under then and f.air. The first hit will push them off and the next two will hit them after they fall off. This makes moves unblockable and can really be exploited when the situation allows it. Snake's f.tilt also works well with this.

Short Hop n.air actually gives you enough time to do another n.air before you land. You can use it to get a free hit on people that try to shield grab immediately after blocking the first n.air.

Instant ledge shuttle loop - when hanging on the ledge, tap back and then immediately do upforward B. If you do it correctly, it looks like MK shuttle loops instantly from the hanging position. If done correctly you can land on the stage with a glide attack at a really low level and continue your attacks.

Running shuttle loop - while running, you can get a shuttle loop out faster by rolling from forward to up. This helps in getting upwards KOs at higher percents.

A little known thing about f.smash is that all it's start up is in the charge animation. If you charge it, the very moment you release it, it comes out in almost 1 frame. Use this to time your hits with it. charge f.smash as an opponent approaches and then release when they get near. f.smash also has almost 0 recovery. You have enough time after someone blocks it to d.smash immediately and if they try to do anything, they get hit. Use it for mind games once the opponent realizes this.

u.tilt - BEATS OUT ANY AND EVERY MOVE COMING FROM ABOVE YOU. Abuse this move. It's great and I don't see a lot of MKs use it, but it has a GIGANTIC hit box and stays out for a long time so it's good for hitting air dodgers.

Another interesting note about n.air is that it has a lot of active frames. If you are fighting someone who spams spot dodges, run up and n.air. The move will stay out long enough that it will hit them as they come out of it.

Use dimensional cape after a jump to get behind someone and d.smash. Often times you can get around projectiles this way and get free hits, and is unexpected when mixed with short hopped f.airs, or when just trying to get inside.

TORNADO TECH - If you jump first and then tornado into someone's upper portions, not only is it unblockable a lot of the time, but also many moves that would normally beat it no longer will. Never use grounded tornado, always do it from a jump. Also note you can use tornado to counter other characters moves defensively. If you expect snake to running attack or f.tilt, tornado in place and let him hit it. Also note that tornado destroys air dodges, so when fighting large characters, try juggling them in the air with tornado till they land. It's cheap as hell but it works.

Top Bottom