• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Marth can be a very hard matchup...
I played Royr in tournament.
One of the top marth players currently around and considered best in Texas.
He beat 3 mk's in a row including myself.
I studied him alot before I played him, and I managed to keep it really close.
So, here we go...

Marth:

Pros:

- Marth doesn't have a projectile. If you get a lead in the match. Make him come to you. A smart defensive game always has a strong chance in this game.

- Marth's fair is amazing, but his aerial game isn't very great above or below.. If you can get under him. Uair combos work wonders. Above him dairs can chain decently well. If you get some little chains here and there go on an aggressive offense as long as you can. Have him off his feet.

- On the ground, he's got so much priority on most of his moves over you, you have to wait for smashes and shield Dtilts and SideB's to get grabs, tilts, and Dsmashes.

- If played right Marth can actually be rather difficult to edgeguard, but not impossible. Watch his 2nd jump carefully. Once you see it, it is your opportune time to punish. Whether it be aggressive edgeguarding or timing your edgehog.

Cons:

- To start, MT does not work well. UpB ***** it hard. Along with smartly played nairs, fairs, and tippers. But his Dolphin Slash really out does it. Which brings me to my next point.

- Marth can edgeguard MK from stage. Upb breaks tornado recovery. It can be used instantly after you try a glide attack. SideB's and Fsmashes can help if he feels like mixing it up.... You must be very careful what you do coming onto the stage. If it's allowed the IDC will come very much in handy. Jump, execute the move, move to the other side of the stage and your on safely.

- You have to be very careful to avoid Marth's grab. ESPECIALLY at high percents. His grab-release tactic for a tipped fair sucks. It works everytime. Just Smash DI to the corner because escaping it is almost impossible. I managed to DI it at about 140 close to an edge of FD but it was very close to death. Any higher and you can probably expect a death.

- SideB's can rack up some damage if you don't shield them correctly. Don't let your shield down til it's all finished. Just be careful of it breaking. Doesn't happen usually. If you do get hit by the first hit, try to smash DI away and you can possibly escape.

Overall:

Marth can be a very difficult matchup. He's got a bunch of little tricks here and there to watch for. Spacing can be difficult here, but it possible. Be careful with your edgework, know when to play offense and defense, keep a level head, and a Marth can be beaten.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Great job guys, just Game & Watch and Wario left; my info on Dedede could really use some outside input as well.

Also are there any matchups that anybody feels should be in the OP that aren't?

Just a note mentioning that I updated the Olimar information. Some of it was incorrect, so we might want to change that in the main post.
Its updated. Thanks.

I don't know if this is posted yet, but shuttle loop CAN go through MT; i have a save of it and will upload if necessary
A link would be great if you could post one up.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Game and Watch... I still have yet to figure out.... Hylian's game and watch is too good for me.
Nobody even plays wario here in texas. So idk that one either. :(

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
like all good ROBs he will be campy
You dont have to be campy to be good at ROB
i mean take maxxpower for an example hes aggressive and is still amazing at ROB

bait his nair, his best arial move imo
the nair his probaly his worst arial

his two best arials are his bair and uair

the bair autocancels itself and is just simply amazing and the uair his most damaging move

you dont know what you are talking about in the ROB matchup section

you probally have never even faced a good R.O.B.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
You dont have to be campy to be good at ROB
i mean take maxxpower for an example hes aggressive and is still amazing at ROB

the nair his probaly his worst arial

his two best arials are his bair and uair

the bair autocancels itself and is just simply amazing and the uair his most damaging move

you dont know what you are talking about in the ROB matchup section

you probally have never even faced a good R.O.B.
I'll put your input in there too.

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Dude don't put his advice on there... That's ********... N+Air is ROB's best arial... You're a nub scruby rob player if u think otherwise....

Just try to break my nado with any other arial. OH WAIT YOU CANT! ****in idiot....

He's obviously a noob if he thinks ROB's arnt campy.... The best ROB "overswarm" will admit that ROB is saposed to be played campy.... He can be played aggresive, but its just not as smart as camping.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Guys, please have this conversation through PM or somewhere else than here. I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war.

Once you guys figure it out let me know. Thanks.

JJR.O.B.

Smash Ace
Dude don't put his advice on there... That's ********... N+Air is ROB's best arial... You're a nub scruby rob player if u think otherwise....
how many tournaments have you won with Metaknight. I've won two with ROB
Just try to break my nado with any other arial. OH WAIT YOU CANT! ****in idiot....
He's obviously a noob if he thinks ROB's arnt campy.... The best ROB "overswarm" will admit that ROB is saposed to be played campy.... He can be played aggresive, but its just not as smart as camping.
how long have you been playing smash. I've been playing since SSB. How about you

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Dude Affinity... I play with a really good rob who barley lost a ditto to overswarm... This scrub dosnt know what hes talking about...

Dont take the advice of a nub rob player who wants MKs to do bad against rob...

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
You're an idiot dude.... I've actually won 3 tournaments tard-o... I'm going to a midwest circuit soon, and I stay on tier with some of the best in the midwest...

Wtf does SSB64 have to do with brawl? 64, Melee, and Brawl are completely different... And if you must know, I've been playing SSB:M competetivly for a year and half.... I can do every single adv tech in melee...

Melee has nothing to do with brawl man.... They are 2 completely different games... Trying to say you're good at Brawl because you can shuffle is ********... GTFO if you don't know what you're talking about...

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
I play a good rob you idiot... I just told you his ROB plays EXACTLY like Overswarms... Overswarm obviously has an edge over the ROB I play against, but the ROB I've gathered this info on is really good....

I'm ####in tired of 08 members. They are so noobish....

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Wtf a brawl clan? That's the lamest **** ever dude....

What's your clan's name? The Whiney Scrub Nubz?

Dude theres no way your idiot *** would beat my MK. You think ROB's N+Air sux, and thats the only arial that breaks the nado... Theres no way you'd beat me at all...

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Rofl.... Just gtfo... This topic is for helping MKs, not giving them horrible advice that will get them owned by ROB....

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
they will get owned by ROB anyway with your advice
Omg stfu... You don't know what you're talking about...

Oh a lil tip... You should try typing like a human.... You type like a tard, and are replying to every thing I say with one sentence responses that don't prove anything...

You're wrong, I'm right... Stfu and gtfo... We don't need noob ROBs clogging up the MK forums with BS advice....

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Mistermoo, you do give bad advice against R.O.B, how can you tell people not to spam Nado againt him if all you talk about is approaching him with the nado? Oh, and the repeated uairs against him won't work either, any good R.O.B. will easily DI or air dodge out of it

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Omg why do so many idiots come to the MK boards?

Do you have any idea how fast U+Air is? You can't AIR DODGE it, cuz a smart MK will fallow it up with another one, or a D+Air...

You don't have to SPAM nado to approach him with it... You should think before you reply you my posts...

Once again, Another 08 scrub has to try and give bad advice... I'm so tired of these noob brawl players...

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Dude you both are idiots... Can someone with any knowledge of Brawl come back me up on the fact that I'm right, and they're wrong....

UP B TO ESCAPE TORNADO?!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! YOU SIR ARE A FAILURE!

/FACEPALM!

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Omg why do so many idiots come to the MK boards?

Do you have any idea how fast U+Air is? You can't AIR DODGE it, cuz a smart MK will fallow it up with another one, or a D+Air...

You don't have to SPAM nado to approach him with it... You should think before you reply you my posts...

Once again, Another 08 scrub has to try and give bad advice... I'm so tired of these noob brawl players...
haha dude you have no freakin idea, YOU'RE the Brawl noob and I'm almost 100% sure I could destroy you in Brawl or in Melee

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
Dude you both are idiots... Can someone with any knowledge of Brawl come back me up on the fact that I'm right, and they're wrong....

UP B TO ESCAPE TORNADO?!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! YOU SIR ARE A FAILURE!

/FACEPALM!
anyway, the nado is a WATSE OF TIME ANYWAYS, it's obvious like crazy and easily escapable, that's why i never use it!

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
You guys are scrubs noobs.... Stfu and Gtfo if your not gonna contribute anything to the thread....

Oh GI it looks like you live in the same state as me... What city do you live in? I'll come out to where you live and own your noob ***... I'll record the matches and post it on youtube...

Oh and if you think you're so good GI, how about you go to Well thought out name/Smash and Coffee?

LOL NADO IS A WASTE OF TIME? You guy's are obviously trolls, or just really ********...

GI Josh

Smash Journeyman
You guys are scrubs noobs.... Stfu and Gtfo if your not gonna contribute anything to the thread....

Oh GI it looks like you live in the same state as me... What city do you live in? I'll come out to where you live and own your noob ***... I'll record the matches and post it on youtube...

Oh and if you think you're so good GI, how about you go to Well thought out name/Smash and Coffee?

LOL NADO IS A WASTE OF TIME? You guy's are obviously trolls, or just really ********...
Beat me in Melee, then we'll talk

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
You guys can take me 2v1 and I'd still own you.... You guys, Seriously, stfu.... No one cares about you 2 thinking you're good. This thread is to help MK's get better... I've said this so many times now... Just leave if you don't have any info besides "OMFG I CAN SO PWN MR.MOO AT BRAWL!"

MisterMoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aaron_Rodgerz
Beating you in Brawl won't prove anything, now beating you in Melee...
:laugh:

Soooooooooo a few things people should know about Marth.

UP+B Breaks Nado...

D+Air breaks Nado...

F+Air > F+Air combo works really good on MK, so watch out...

I'll write up more l8r

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom