• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staco

Smash Champion
Uair won't get you out of Falco's CG if he does it right. At worst, it should trade with his grab. Dashing is worse than Walking usually, I'd imagine it's the same here.

Also not approaching when you have a stock lead is smart IF you have already done a bit of damage on his next stock. Once he kills you, stay on the angel platform as long as you can. I do that with Wario all the time, it puts IMMENSE pressure on Falco to approach and get the kill.
so true,
if you got a stock lead, try to hold it as long as possible
you can also try to start camping like this at the start of the match, but then its not that good, since Falco doesnt want to kill and only wants to make some damage
its so hard for falco to kill you, if you dont try to kill/approach him

better play deffensive, if you are under 40%
use dair and tornado as main approach
after you got 40+% you can also start using fair approaches etc.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i guess that did work well. it anooys the player and leads him into more mistakes. thats cool tip. getting a lead stock on falco is really big advantage for mk

also falcos bair clanks with glide attack -_-

uair beats falcos dair tho o.o its strict timing tho and they fast fall so u most liekly get hit first

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
when will the matchup against jigglypuff be covered

i think is one of metaknight hardest matchups
All you need to do is out space her by spamming fairs and tilts. There's really nothing she can do about it.

We need to discuss the yellow rat next

OverLade

Smash Hero
when will the matchup against jigglypuff be covered

i think is one of metaknight hardest matchups
If you're losing to characters that out prioritize you in the air then you're not playing patient enough. Jigglypuff/Kirby/Luigi are all easily beaten if you just watch your spacing, fastfall your forward airs, and use UpB OOS to beat out their attacks.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
2 questions

how do you beat falco on halberg?
what should you do if the falco is doing his rapid a to you

OverLade

Smash Hero
2 questions

how do you beat falco on halberg?
what should you do if the falco is doing his rapid a to you
1. Outplay him? Never played a falco on Halberd but it's generally not a good stage for MK.
2. Be ready to shield a down B and punish if he does. Rapid A has a weird wind effect that blows MK back after the last hit. It's impossible to punish even if you smash DI out of it.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
yeah the 2 best falcos in my area cp me there, they are so dominant on that stage that im considering to rather go FD then Halberg unless i get a good grasp of how to play on that level

PolMex23

Smash Champion
How does it feel to play the most ****** *** character in Brawl?

I just want to know. Really I do.

Oh, ive been playing Akuma in SF 2, its amazing. I love not trying.

Oh yea, Mk isnt AS good as Akuma, so there is no need to ban him, since he isnt all powerful.

To smasher01: You seem nice. You seemed aactually interested. This hate is not towards you, just the game.
Lade we have talked.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
How does it feel to play the most ****** *** character in Brawl?

I just want to know. Really I do.

Oh, ive been playing Akuma in SF 2, its amazing. I love not trying.

Oh yea, Mk isnt AS good as Akuma, so there is no need to ban him, since he isnt all powerful.

To smasher01: You seem nice. You seemed aactually interested. This hate is not towards you, just the game.
Lade we have talked.
stop trolling. if your not going to contribute anything to the discussion then leave

Staco

Smash Champion
I need help with the Zero Suit Samus Matchup.
Pls give me advice how to **** em. =/

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Well you guys should do a Luigi one soon me an hippie will give you the goods on the match up. Boss can too.

Your character has problems against Lucario right? I see Aurae use the Dair an ubuse utilt....Other than that its like 65-35?

Your character is bull****

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well you guys should do a Luigi one soon me an hippie will give you the goods on the match up. Boss can too.

Your character has problems against Lucario right? I see Aurae use the Dair an ubuse utilt....Other than that its like 65-35?

Your character is bull****
Lol 65:35 is not true, I'd say 60:40, leaning as one of the harder 60:40s due to stage dependencies (and I don't mean in just recovery), and stock holding.
Kirby sounds like a good idea.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Through all the genesis commotion i couldnt ask you guys what matchup you would like to discuss next. So what are you guys thinking of?

Also, can anyone help me with something? how do u edit the thread title? im lost.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Through all the genesis commotion i couldnt ask you guys what matchup you would like to discuss next. So what are you guys thinking of?

Also, can anyone help me with something? how do u edit the thread title? im lost.
The yellow rat. Do it.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I get to fight one of the best zss players in the country very often, he's my brother.... so i know a lot about the matchup.
the best way to play this matchup is to be very aggressive. pressure her, she will lose in a fight with you up close. it's VERY easy to approach her if you can accurately power shield her forward b and d smash spam (which is not hard at all).
when you are right next to her just use your tilts wisely. d tilt messes her up a bit... try to get in a lot of grabs against her and use d throw.
you should never approach from across the screen with tornado, of course, that's not very smart do against any character, but she can punish it very well with her forward b or just hitting it with a charged d smash.
instead of using tornado on the ground, use the same strategy that you should be using against yoshi and olimar, which is tornadoing above her head. she can't stop it from there, there's nothing she can do if you use it correctly. so, just jump over her and tornado. keep in mind, she will be able to DI out fairly easily, but oyu won't get punished if you don't go too high with it.
don't fall for her charged d smash tricks that they go for while you land... that will rack up a ton of damage on you.
don't air dodge into her much, because her up tilt will catch you every time and put you in an unfavorable position. when she is below you, you're ****ed. her up air will beat everything you do... so don't try to challenge it with dair while you're above her. just try to go to the other side of her and fast fall your landing so you won't be juggled too much.
when she is charging d smash from across the screen, you can just glide attack her by going above the d smash, or just use the torando above her head, because although it does have a massive hitbox in the front of it, it does not have such an amazing upwards hit box.
when you're running at her and she's throwing out forward bs as her defense, running powershield and dash grab her. now the fight will be in your favor again. power shielding the forward b is very important (or just learning to shield it in general) because it is a very obvious move that can easily be shielded and punished for.

gimping her is very tough, you most likely won't get it off if you're new to the matchup... but work on nairing her out of her down b's invincibility when she uses it to get back on stage. start the nair about halfway through the invincibilty, it will outlast it and you can hit her before her down b attack or airdodge comes out.
once you've gotten rid of that, jut try to nair or dair her last jump away and grab the ledge.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
"gay" is this guys brother and "gay" never beats him and dreads of playing him in tourney SO WE MUST LISTEN TO HIM!

OverLade

Smash Hero
You have a gay brother? Bummer
Whats wrong with gayness?

We're in the MK matchup discussion thread. :laugh:

Pertaining to this matchup, I haven't been able to play against Nick Riddle, but there should be some Riddle vs. Seibrik vids that should have some interesting data coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom