• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Development Thread. New thing to read!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
His twin bro is Quik, they main Falco and Wario respectively.

That's why I wanted to play Arty. He has SOOOO much Wario experience.

Quik17

Smash Ace
Arty's legit, he just needs to travel more

Anyways, this matchup is rough. It's like the DDD MU where the Falco has a much easier time in it than the Wario player. Falco's jab, f-tilt and u-tilt can wall Wario really well. Even with the chaingrab Wario has on Falco I still think it's 55-45 Falco because of how tough it is to grab Falco at the right percentages.

OverLade

Smash Hero
fixed that for you.
That was my point toward Hugs.

People meatride big/well known names so hard and underrate anyone they've never heard of.

When MLG orlando came I was shocked at how unimpressive EC and WC were compared to the "hype". The skill gap in brawl is so small that upsets are likely due to just regional differences in playstyles. Whenever someone "pro" doesn't place people are just like "wtf, how did person X not place/lose to person Y?". If people actually knew how good everyone was instead of just assuming stuff because of "Event X" or because "person Y beat person Z on live feed once" then people wouldn't be as surprised and there wouldn't be so much meatriding/circle jerking.

Also once again not Aimed at West coast or any player in particular it's true for every region with well known players.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
That was my point toward Hugs.

People meatride big/well known names so hard and underrate anyone they've never heard of.

When MLG orlando came I was shocked at how unimpressive EC and WC were compared to the "hype". The skill gap in brawl is so small that upsets are likely due to just regional differences in playstyles. Whenever someone "pro" doesn't place people are just like "wtf, how did person X not place/lose to person Y?". If people actually knew how good everyone was instead of just assuming stuff because of "Event X" or because "person Y beat person Z on live feed once" then people wouldn't be as surprised and there wouldn't be so much meatriding/circle jerking.

Also once again not Aimed at West coast or any player in particular it's true for every region with well known players.
Yeah that makes sense that's how I feel.

I'm sorry but I think Shugo's better.
</3

typical OH answer....

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Ay look Fiction, I'll take care of this.

Since I'm not invested in any way, and thus won't sound defensive by saying this...

It was a fluke Krystedez, you won't beat Larry again at your current state. He suicided on game one, he ***** you game two, then you beat him on an Auto win stage like Brinstar.

You're good enough to beat a 50% Larry I guess, and that's as telling as your win can get. It doesn't mean a thing to either characters' matchups. At most it means you shouldn't be taken too lightly.

You might be a nice guy though, so this all may come off d***-ish on my part. I just feel the need to say something because you have this tone that shows a lack of surprise in your win. Actually, you only seem surprised that DEHF is the best falco in the nation and that he hasn't lost to a Wario in ages. What you don't seem surprised about is that you beat him, at least that's what your tone gives off. That's the only reason I'm chiming in to say something.

I'll be the first to publicly apologize if you do it again.
this post is pretty assholish but hugs makes a good point lololol

was randomly reading these like "holy **** this post *****"

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
this post is pretty assholish but hugs makes a good point lololol

was randomly reading these like "holy **** this post *****"
according to candy snakes the best character

he's so good that you go allll the way oos and lose to unranked mid tiers who just so happen to be seasoned enough to bypass your camping strategy of B+R

newsflash: you would've beaten ed with mk, probably 2-0

ggs newb
You would know a thing a two about an assholish post now wouldn't you?

Hugs just sounds like a butt hurt meat rider. His points and views are flawed tru fax.

CO18

Smash Hero
kryz still 2stocked dehf game 1 so whats your point

lol @ trying to make excuses for dehf's loss. He lost it happens kryz is very good, would it happen again? who knows.

but dont sit here and try to discredit his win cuz of dehf's mistake in a match he still got 2 stocked in either way so he was already getting outplayed

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
~ADHD on someone next to me's account (I think it's renegade's, lol).

Kryst is good, there's no doubt about that. Stop *****ing because Larry sd'd, it was his fault and it's happened more than once now after the set with chudat. Just get over it--stop doubting his skill--and stop debating about this. It's really not a big deal--it happened and it can't be taken back. When you lose, you have to acknowledge it and form your own opiinions, but debating about this repeatedly is disrespectful and aggravating.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's not only that, but its yummy. *eats the topic discussion and poops out the metagame thread again*

I love this positive atmosphere.

I want to discuss Olimar and Dedede because these two are really annoying. Falco is pretty much a dead discussion, no one wants to develop it much more or believe anything I'm saying (or at least I dont know if anyone cares lol).

Can anyone tell me what, in your personal opinion is the best way to approach both these characters on Final Destination and Battlefield (most common stages in a conservative stage striking process game 1.)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@random people who are just now popping in. argument is over. people involved stopped. chillzies!

@halberd - thats always been the wario metagame

@kry

vs ddd you just try to fair poke him i think lol
vs olimar airdodge grab is good.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
i suggest against ddd bein uber campy use tires of course+ bike , and fair pokes and prolly sum bair , only dair if you space it good.

And for olimar yea this dood is pretty anoyin airdodge to grab works awesome :) , just dont be so predictable.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
a couple of days ago I was playing a ladder match against a wario main named waymas. I didn't save the video but he did some crazy ****!!!! He pulled out his bike, threw it down as I was approaching with a dashing shield then he chomped me, I hit the bike when I got out of the chomp and he got me with another chomp. I was stuck in that lock until the bike broke. It racked up like 50%+ on me and I think that it is legit. Someone should test this out

Top Bottom