• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
hey when using this wouldnt metaknight be bound to a single platform so couldnt you just theoretically use multi platform stages like battlefield or smashvill to get around it. just try to avoid battlefield against metaknight and you should be fine
Sorry, no.

His attack reaches up to slightly below the top platform in Battlefield, which means almost every platform in the game is out.

If you have a good platform that means that you're limited to being above him... one of the best position positions for an MK user to be in.

bLeAkWuN

Smash Cadet
So the Dimensional Infinite Cape of the Knight (D.I.C.K.) is very hard to execute but it can be done...the timing is pretty tough to get use to, but im able to get across FD wit it now....can somebody who has mastered it give any tips or a video showing on how to perfect this technic? btw, i dont think it should be banned considering the fact that it would be very unlikely for someone to stall that much during a game, especially since you have to fight MK defensively anyway...But just in case i come across a player using this AT, i wanted to test out how it might be able to be countered or broken through or something...lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
btw, i dont think it should be banned considering the fact that it would be very unlikely for someone to stall that much during a game, especially since you have to fight MK defensively anyway...
Why?

Furthermore, the approach is still Akuma-tier.

But just in case i come across a player using this AT, i wanted to test out how it might be able to be countered or broken through or something...lol
It can't, your only option is to predict MK's attack or get ioto one of two aweful positions, ledge or above MK.

IceDX

Smash Ace
NNID
TheIceDX001
So the Dimensional Infinite Cape of the Knight (D.I.C.K.) is very hard to execute but it can be done...the timing is pretty tough to get use to, but im able to get across FD wit it now....can somebody who has mastered it give any tips or a video showing on how to perfect this technic? btw, i dont think it should be banned considering the fact that it would be very unlikely for someone to stall that much during a game, especially since you have to fight MK defensively anyway...But just in case i come across a player using this AT, i wanted to test out how it might be able to be countered or broken through or something...lol
D.I.C.K. that should be the official Name For It!!!!

and so far i dont see any counter to it other than turning arround and slapping ur opponent in tha Face For them to stop...............

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Me too. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. D.I.C.K. !

gantrain05

Smash Master
u know what, how bout we don't actually tell anybody how to use this cheapass broken technique on an already cheapass broken character, thats just all we need is a million more kids playing MK at tournies and killing brawl for the rest of the people who don't like to use a character just because its broken beyond belief.

masterspeaks

Smash Apprentice
u know what, how bout we don't actually tell anybody how to use this cheapass broken technique on an already cheapass broken character, thats just all we need is a million more kids playing MK at tournies and killing brawl for the rest of the people who don't like to use a character just because its broken beyond belief.
Sure it may kill Brawl for some people, but others have a different view of what defines "fun". Personally, the only reason I still play Brawl is to frustrate Brawl apologists with techniques like these until they break down sobbing. Their tears are like water to my shriveled, black heart. :laugh: I've nearly broken my c-stick using this crap, but it is well worth it to see the look on my opponents faces.

Sorry kid, pretty much everyone on smash boards knows at this point. But don't worry, its almost 100% that this will get banned in competitive tourneys. That or we ban all stages without platforms, can't do much with it if opponent just hops onto a platform.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, I can only do this in 2/3 speed. I'm hoping to be somewhat proficient in it by tomorrow though, I'm going to a smashfest.

Justaway

Smash Apprentice
is this possible on the EU version?? (I don't have my wii right now so I can't test it)

Corigames

Smash Hero
This has probably already happened, but I'm can't wait for a douchebag to come in and try to encourage everyone to stop being "noobs"; to just learn how to deal with it.
Just like how the Ice Climbers were absolutely broken in Melee with Wobbling and you couldn't deal with it? It's not that broken and people can deal with it.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
Haha, this is just plain cool. I'm not a fan of Metaknight or anything, so from a gameplay standpoint, this sort of worries me, but come on, this is a downright rad technique.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
While I was in Basic Brawl today, I noticed a Meta Knight. He was a green color, and we were on the Temple. I was Samus with the Gravity Suit (purple color). I stood in the spot that I began in. So, Meta Knight decides to use his Infinite Dimensional Cape. In the next round, I decided I'd do the same thing. I don't play as Meta Knight, but I did the Infinite Dimensional Cape while we were at the Bridge of Eldin. I accidentally killed myself by moving way too far to the right when using this AT. That was fun. I was wondering if that person goes to Smash World Forums.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just like how the Ice Climbers were absolutely broken in Melee with Wobbling and you couldn't deal with it? It's not that broken and people can deal with it.
If you perfect this you can hit them once and stall the entire match without moving.

o.o-b

fkacyan

Smash Hero
you have to get a stock ahead.why is everyone thinking one hit is enough?
Sorry, one hit if you know what you're doing.

EDIT: Sorry, I should also mention you do have to move, you just have to do it in such a way as to avoid being hit.

imafatone

Smash Rookie
This question might be old and slightly noobish but is there any possibility of doing this with a wiimote nunchuck? Possibly with shake smash by vibrating your arm very quickly or does the game not register those shakes near as well or as quickly as with the c-stick? I would test it myself but I don't have access to my wii right now.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Lol don't you think a move that grants invincibility, mobility, and has no preconditions is just slightly different from a move that requires a grab with synched climbers at a mid percent?

zaborg2400

Smash Cadet
cood u post a vid on ur "thumb werk" ? :bee:
that wood kinda help, cuz i cant seem 2 get it 2 last any longer then a few seconds. :dizzy:
mayb im just not hitting up on the cstick fast enuff.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Lol don't you think a move that grants invincibility, mobility, and has no preconditions is just slightly different from a move that requires a grab with synched climbers at a mid percent?
But, with that tech, the other person couldn't break out no matter what. It all depended on the other person messing up the Wobble. There was nothing that you could do against it in-game.

This move is good, but not so terrible that you auto-win. If someone hits someone once, gets a stock, or whatever, and then tries to stall out the next 7 minutes or so, then it should be amazingly obvious that they are stalling and they should be kicked from the tournament. It's obvious when someone is stalling, so kick them.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
This is my uber-post on the subject. There is a thread based around this post in Tactical Discussion.

From what I understand there has not been any SSB AT that is 100% hard banned. Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe there is a AT that absolutely cannot be used. Tactics can be ABUSED, and after a ref's warning, can cause a forfeit, yes. But just using a tech in regular gameplay is fine. Also, stalls such as peach-bombing can be used in moderation, but ABUSE will lead toforfeits. That judgment will be called by a ref.

The moves used in stalls are not allowed to be used this way, but there is nobody
saying that peach cannot bomb. It is the USAGE that causes problems, not
the move itself.

The thought of this move just sounds broken, but it really is not at all. When using it for approach/mindgames there is NOTHING wrong with that. MK has a thousand better approaches anyway.

This move is absolutely not broken when used as anything other than a stall. As far as approaching, you will be punished majorly. Trying to use the cape attack will end out terribad for you. Most characters can F-smash the lag of that move after he lands it. The only thing it is good for is mindgames. Nobody is really trying to argue this point, but I figured I would just let it make an appearance.

One point that people make is that it is very hard to determine how long someone has done the stall. That is what a ref is for. The ref must give a warning, and so he says "Keep doing that and you will be disqualified". You do it, and you get the DQ. That jugement is completely up to the ref, and we as players must respect that, and do respect that.

Another argument. Even if a time limit was made, what stops them from just coming out of invincibility, attacking once, then going back in. The same loophole applies for every stall. Lets say we put a limit on Peach Bombing. 10 peach bombs in a row and you must return to the map. OK, peach bombs 10 times, returns to the map, jabs once, then returns to peach bombing. This logic is applicable to every stall, Therefore if you ban Dimensional Cloaking because of its stalling abilities, you must ban Peach's bomb, and ban Jigg's Pound. Do they have non-stall uses? Yes. Can they be used to stall? Yes. Same goes for Dimensional Cloaking.

Another point I have heard made: "Meta knight is invincible during his stall. Jiggs and Peach are vulnerable during theirs!" As far as Captain Falcon, or any other non-projectile character is concerned, Jiggs and Peach ARE invincible during their stalls. They have no way of getting to the staller in order to damage them, therefore they are invulnerable for all practical purposes. This is why stalling is banned! Because they can let time run out without being vulnerable to damage.

People are saying "ZOMG THIS MOVE CAN BE USED TO STALL INVINCIBLY FOREVER
AHHH! BAN IT NOWW!" What already know, but are not remembering, is that stalling is banned already! So if someone stalls with it, they lose the game, that simple. Just like if anyone else stalls with any other stall tactic, they will lose the game.

Here is my main example: Jigglypuff is facing Marth on Smashville for instance. Jiggs can fly under the stage and stall perfectly effectively with little to no risk of SD, and little to no risk of being hit. This is called a stall. If abused, and continued after warning, they would forfeit the game. Correct? "ZOMG JIGGLYPUFF CAN UNDERSTAGE STALL SO EFFECTIVELY! LETS BAN HER JUMPS!"

=/

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry kid, pretty much everyone on smash boards knows at this point. But don't worry, its almost 100% that this will get banned in competitive tourneys. That or we ban all stages without platforms, can't do much with it if opponent just hops onto a platform.
Read previous posts...

It's on the same page as your post, you have no excuse: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4929707&postcount=842

So respond to my posts on the topic, I already explained in great detail why it makes MK Akuma tier, and you are yet to provide a response.

you have to get a stock ahead.why is everyone thinking one hit is enough?
Current rules dictate that if stocks are even, lower damage wins.

Regardless, it's the approach that's the real killer, use it as an approach to get a few points of damage, and THEN stall out the match with it.

But, with that tech, the other person couldn't break out no matter what. It all depended on the other person messing up the Wobble. There was nothing that you could do against it in-game.

This move is good, but not so terrible that you auto-win. If someone hits someone once, gets a stock, or whatever, and then tries to stall out the next 7 minutes or so, then it should be amazingly obvious that they are stalling and they should be kicked from the tournament. It's obvious when someone is stalling, so kick them.
There's no rule against stalling... techniques that are infinite-stalls get banned.

Again, stalling isn't the half of it, it's an amazing approach.

The facts is, for wobbling, you still have to grab the opponent, this tech might not be a touch=death, but it IS a mind-numbingly good approach, an uncounterable one. Akuma never had a touch=death setup, but it was recognized that if Akuma was allowed, no other character would be tournament viable.

This tech is the same, a practically failsafe approach (barring absolute pure chance, one out of every 900 uses), or forcing your opponent into a horrible positio against MK, those are your options.

Since we know that the ledge isn't safe, and being above MK is quite possibly the worst position in the game, this is more then enough to merit a 90-10 match-up against every char in the game. No other char is tournament viable, therefore MK fits the ban criteria as a character.

Or we can just ban the technique, because character banning is always the last resort.

IrArby

Smash Ace
I wish people would stop bringing up the "Just ban it as a stalling tactic" since they did that with the Peach Bomber Wall thingie Right?

Wrong. The Peach Bomber thing ONLY allowed you to stall the match. Thats it. It didn't make the rest of your game wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better like cloakcaping does and will in the future. If you let the tech stand than MK will be God Tier and deciding who's stalling or who's waiting for their opening to attack will be too difficult to creat any rule on. Other stalls are much less ambiguous. In fact, they are obvious. This has huge potential beyond stalling and thus should be banned on that principle alone. Trying to limit it somehow would blow up in our faces. Besides, MK is more than good enough without it.

Seriously, this AT is nothing like other stalling techs (because it has crazy potential beyond just stalling) so we can not treat it as such.

Ban.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I wish people would stop bringing up the "Just ban it as a stalling tactic" since they did that with the Peach Bomber Wall thingie Right?

Wrong. The Peach Bomber thing ONLY allowed you to stall the match. Thats it. It didn't make the rest of your game wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better like cloakcaping does and will in the future. If you let the tech stand than MK will be God Tier and deciding who's stalling or who's waiting for their opening to attack will be too difficult to creat any rule on. Other stalls are much less ambiguous. In fact, they are obvious. This has huge potential beyond stalling and thus should be banned on that principle alone. Trying to limit it somehow would blow up in our faces. Besides, MK is more than good enough without it.

Seriously, this AT is nothing like other stalling techs (because it has crazy potential beyond just stalling) so we can not treat it as such.

Ban.
It needs at least one tournament as a test beforehand, but yeah.

And if this tech were on gannondorf, it'd be just as broken.

Tenthousand

Smash Rookie
The attack out of it is too ****ty for it to be a good approach. Unless i missed something, and you can actually do a normal attack (not the standard come-out-of-invisibility-attack) out of it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The attack out of it is too ****ty for it to be a good approach. Unless i missed something, and you can actually do a normal attack (not the standard come-out-of-invisibility-attack) out of it.
A weak attack that's guaranteed, or a not so weak attack that isn't guaranteed?

Sure, it might be a poor attack, but it's got effectively 0 start-up lag and is effectively impossible to block or dodge (minus incredible luck).

If you cancel the attack, you still have some lag, though you can attack pretty quickly, still, it's not guaranteed, and can be punished. Better to use the attack.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
There's no rule against stalling... techniques that are infinite-stalls get banned.
You are not right here. Stalling = DQ. Stalling can mean everything from rising pounds to flying under the stage over and over.

If this move is used as a stall, the user will recieve a DQ. The move does not become banned. Do we ban Jigglypuffs jump because she can stall under the stage? No.

The point is that all of you just dont want MK (a very good character) to have any more advanced tactics. You are letting your emotions on the subject show, while you cannot provide a quality logical argument without ignoring huge parts of the game such as the fact that stalling is not allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom