• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

viparagon

Smash Ace
... You made the same mistake he did.
I did? What are you talking about? Early on?

How exactly is ROBS Dsmash better than MK's besides the fact that its ONE frame faster and does 3 more damage? MK's cannot be DI'd out of, has more range, and kills WAY earlier...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I think you need to go check the video again...
the fact that you can autocancel the landing lag of the attack is a minimal concern on a character who has no problem with landing lag. because you can cancel the landing lag, it's a more valid mixup than it otherwise might be, but it's still one of MK's WORST options for approach and is still very vulnerable while in the falling animation of that vid you linked.

faking somebody out and having then outspeeding them with MK's Dsamsh does NOT make the move they failed to read correctly a good move.

if anything, the "application" portion of the video is a testimant to MK's Dsmash being so good since the Dpwn+B didn't actually DO anything to link.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pit's mirror sheild might be considered a bad down+B because he can already reflect with angel ring, making mirror sheild less oft, seen.
Pit players use this in the same way Mario's use the cape on recoveries, certainly not a bad down-b.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Pit players use this in the same way Mario's use the cape on recoveries, certainly not a bad down-b.
it has less frames to turn around than cape does, but yeah I thought about this and then thought: so what if it's marginalized a little bit by side+B, there are worse Down+Bs out there.... like lucario's and DDD's

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
how come ness isnt even mentioned for up b and down a? Down A is the strongest metoer in the game at zero percent(can spike through water and kill at zero percent) and his up is one of Ness` main moves that racks up a lot of damage and leads into one of his best killing moves, pkt2. If your saying up bs by recovery, then leave Ness out. But you should have Up Bs by attacking, too.

Change Down A, have Ness up there SOMEWHERE, please.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
why is pit's Fsamsh ranked so high?

it's power is pretty low for an Fsamsh, and you can DI out of the range of the second hit.

evertone else on that Fsamsh list has a better Fsmash than pit IMO. And I wouldn't say pit's is better than sonic's either.

sonic can shift forward while smashing (stutter step) which gives it awesome range, can't be DId out of and has respectable killing power.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you don't get extra range perse like you would with Sonc's dash grab.
You're just able to shift your placement so it give sthe idea of more range. hence why I ignored it.
it gives you range in the same way Wolf's Fsmash does. if wolf's Fsamsh didn't shift him forward and give it great range, it would be pretty bad. The fact is, it DOES give it range... not reach, but range.

it still has no more extension from the body that it did before, but the body moves closer to your oponents. Howver you wanna phrase it, your oponents have a smaller range of safety than they would otherwise.

viparagon

Smash Ace
it gives you range in the same way Wolf's Fsmash does. if wolf's Fsamsh didn't shift him forward and give it great range, it would be pretty bad. The fact is, it DOES give it range... not reach, but range.

it still has no more extension from the body that it did before, but the body moves closer to your oponents. Howver you wanna phrase it, your oponents have a smaller range of safety than they would otherwise.
No MOAR pit fsmash talk. Even Kitamerby thinks its probably the best now..., for reasons I've stated AGAIN AND AGAIN

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No MOAR pit fsmash talk. Even Kitamerby thinks its probably the best now..., for reasons I've stated AGAIN AND AGAIN
the fact that it's not threatening?

it's fast.... other than that. it's bad. it doesn't have strength, it has meh range for an Fsmash, it can be DId out of before the second hit, but at the same time doesn't linger long enough to punish spotdodges.

it's not near as good as it's placed. It's certainly not top 5, probably not even top 10.

all other 9 on that list are just flat out better.

viparagon

Smash Ace

it's fast.... other than that. it's bad. it doesn't have strength, it has meh range for an Fsmash, it can be DId out of before the second hit, but at the same time doesn't linger long enough to punish spotdodges.

it's not near as good as it's placed. It's certainly not top 5, probably not even top 10.

srsly ive been discussing it for the past 60 pages. half of my post concern fsmash -____-

just read pages 53-55

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
How is Falco's bair not on the list?

Snake's usmash has so many uses, I'd put it above Fox's.

Pika's dsmash is garbage, ROB's should be higher, and Snake's should be given top ten consideration because of how effectively it takes away parts of the stage for pressuring purposes.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Snake's C4 does that more. his landmine is easily detonated most of the time. standard Dsamshes held by many characters are just better.
top ten usmashes

1.Fox
2.Olimar
3.Snake
4.Zelda
5.Mr. Game & Watch
6.squirtle
7.link
8.Ike
9.Peach
10.DK

Up smashes seem a bit wonky to me too. Game and watches is strong, but it's not strong enough to make up for the fact that it has bad range and is slow. it's hard to hit with and easy to see coming. It's like Lucas's or Ivysaurs, you have to trick them or predict them to hit with it... except it doesn't have the range, priority or strength of either of them.

Squrtle's Usmash is hard enough to hit with comparitively that I'd say: while good, is not as good as some of those below him, such as peach and ike.

Link... I love him, he's got a fun boost smash with it, but it's very punishable, not too strong, it's slow and easy to DI out of the last hit. there are much scarier and all around more useful usmashes to put on that list.

Sheik's Upsmash is unpunishable if sheilded due to great sheildpush. it's also impossibly strong and very fast. it's ONLY downside is that it has a small sweetspot, but boost smashing and Ftilt comboes mean that sheik WILL hit with it often enough for it to be a great kill move. it also does a lot of damage. it's great.

I'm also under the impression falco's Usmash, thanks to dacus, is a staple of his repetoir and is more often used than other Usmashes on that list. I'd strongly consider putting that one up as well.

viparagon

Smash Ace
How is Falco's bair not on the list?

Snake's usmash has so many uses, I'd put it above Fox's.

Pika's dsmash is garbage, ROB's should be higher, and Snake's should be given top ten consideration because of how effectively it takes away parts of the stage for pressuring purposes.
Pika's Dsmash still comeout very fast, can't be spotdodged has TONS of range, and eats through sheilds like paper.
Falco's bair was on the list, but it got bumped off to make room for others:ohwell:

snake's sux. it was worst on the list at one point.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Pika's Dsmash still comeout very fast, can't be spotdodged has TONS of range, and eats through sheilds like paper.
Falco's bair was on the list, but it got bumped off to make room for others:ohwell:

snake's sux. it was worst on the list at one point.
What we are saying is that U-smash alone is not the best for Snake, but thats why there is a different section for boost smashes, because his rules boosted.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
srsly ive been discussing it for the past 60 pages. half of my post concern fsmash -____-

just read pages 53-55
wow.... now I'm sure pit's Fsmash doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that high. it's like you being assaulted with facts and you saying "nu-uh" over and over again.

viparagon

Smash Ace
wow.... now I'm sure pit's Fsmash doesn't deserve to be anywhere near that high. it's like you being assaulted with facts and you saying "nu-uh" over and over again.
srry, just looked back on it and he made some SERIOUS edits... the fact remains that its the 2nd or hardest to punish in the game. Has GOOD range, and is also the fastest. PLUS DOES 19 damage...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
squirtle can get a huge boost of speed from his pivot while doing a smash attack. that's why squirtle's is pretty good. also has surprising ko power for a character so small.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
commentz in bold
Geez I mained Mario too last week. So I know ALL about him. PKT is not crap, your maining of Ness was either
A)short lived
B)terrible player

Your comments are bad.

Regardless arguments will posted soon. And better grammar please ^_^

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

You're not gonna DI out of a move that comes out in 7 frames without some serious prediction. If that was the case, nobody would ever complain about MK's Fair EVER.
The hitbox is out for 15 frames. Lucario's Fsmash is out for 8 frames if I recall correctly.

The only reason Lucario's Fsmash is better for punishing spotdodges is because it's just so **** slow.
(although the IASA frames help)

Game and watches is strong, but it's not strong enough to make up for the fact that it has bad range and is slow. it's hard to hit with and easy to see coming. It's like Lucas's or Ivysaurs, you have to trick them or predict them to hit with it... except it doesn't have the range, priority or strength of either of them.
GnW's Usmash is stronger than Lucas's, and can be performed out of a tech chase. It has good enough range for its purposes, as well as immense priority, lingering hitbox, and IASA frames. It's godly as an usmash.

Squrtle's Usmash is hard enough to hit with comparitively that I'd say: while good, is not as good as some of those below him, such as peach and ike.
Ever hear of Hydroplaning?

Link... I love him, he's got a fun boost smash with it, but it's very punishable, not too strong, it's slow and easy to DI out of the last hit. there are much scarier and all around more useful usmashes to put on that list.
Agreed.

Sheik's Upsmash is unpunishable if sheilded due to great sheildpush. it's also impossibly strong and very fast. it's ONLY downside is that it has a small sweetspot, but boost smashing and Ftilt comboes mean that sheik WILL hit with it often enough for it to be a great kill move. it also does a lot of damage. it's great.
Boost smash is unreliable, and nobody not named Fox can be reliably put into sweetspot usmash range unless they have the worst DI in the world. :\

I'm also under the impression falco's Usmash, thanks to dacus, is a staple of his repetoir and is more often used than other Usmashes on that list. I'd strongly consider putting that one up as well.
Falco's Usmash is very weak, imo. It's just not as good as most other character's usmashes.

viparagon

Smash Ace
Geez I mained Mario too last week. So I know ALL about him.
you didn't know about SH double uair, the basis of his combo game, nor SH double bair aparently...

PKT is not crap, your maining of Ness was either
A)short lived
B)terrible player
Umm.... NO? This is how you reply to all my valid points? learn 2 argue plz...:laugh:
Your comments are bad.
How so?

Regardless arguments will posted soon. And better grammar please ^_^
Ima tryn, but they keepz getn worse?
comments...

viparagon

Smash Ace
Terrible NESS player. Your a great Mario player ^-^
I'm pretty good with ness, but seriously, PKT is REALLY overrated...almost any aerial can just cancel it out. If you airdodge the PK thunder can get to you, but almost everyone has something to cancel it out. As an attack, I think lucas' is better as an attack and especially in recovery, and ness's ub is one of THE EASIEST TO GIMP IN THE GAME >_>

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You're not gonna DI out of a move that comes out in 7 frames without some serious prediction. If that was the case, nobody would ever complain about MK's Fair EVER.
The hitbox is out for 15 frames. Lucario's Fsmash is out for 8 frames if I recall correctly.
the second hit doesn't come out for, what, 10 frames after the first? that's some serious time to DI

The only reason Lucario's Fsmash is better for punishing spotdodges is because it's just so **** slow.
(although the IASA frames help)
I only said it wasn't good for punishing spotdodges. I didn't compare it to lucario's in that or any aspect. there's very little it IS good at besides being fast.

GnW's Usmash is stronger than Lucas's, and can be performed out of a tech chase. It has good enough range for its purposes, as well as immense priority, lingering hitbox, and IASA frames. It's godly as an usmash.
hm... stonger huh. okay maybe it is I didn't think it was. it ain't stronger than ivy's though. but I digress. it's still dang slow. it still has bad range. it has good priority but it's not hard to clank with if you are grounded. it's not a godly usmash, it's not an awful Usmash but all it's got going for it is strength. probably one of game and watches least threatening facets.

Ever hear of Hydroplaning?
yes. and it makes the move more useable. And I was considering hydroplaning when I made that comment.

Boost smash is unreliable, and nobody not named Fox can be reliably put into sweetspot usmash range unless they have the worst DI in the world. :\
other fast fallers can also be put in Fsamsh range with Ftilt semi consistently and other characters can be put into fsmash range with an ftilt (not tilt lock) set up. it requires premeditation, but it connects. And boost smashing isn't one of the easier techniqes, but it's reliable enough to be considered a very real threat. it allows sheik to punish with a BEASTLY move from and OBSCENE distance.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
the second hit doesn't come out for, what, 10 frames after the first? that's some serious time to DI
You can't DI mid-attacks. You can only SDI during hitLAG, not hitSTUN.

I only said it wasn't good for punishing spotdodges. I didn't compare it to lucario's in that or any aspect. there's very little it IS good at besides being fast.
It's an incredibly amazing defensive option. It comes out 2 frames slower than his jab, is faster than most character's tilts, respectable KO power, Safe on block, etc.

hm... stonger huh. okay maybe it is I didn't think it was. it ain't stronger than ivy's though. but I digress. it's still dang slow. it still has bad range. it has good priority but it's not hard to clank with if you are grounded. it's not a godly usmash, it's not an awful Usmash but all it's got going for it is strength. probably one of game and watches least threatening facets.
Snakes hate their Uair. Sheik would kill for a move with that kind of power. Just because a character likes X move and dislikes Y move doesn't mean that the move itself isn't that great.

other fast fallers can also be put in Fsamsh range with Ftilt semi consistently and other characters can be put into fsmash range with an ftilt (not tilt lock) set up. it requires premeditation, but it connects. And boost smashing isn't one of the easier techniqes, but it's reliable enough to be considered a very real threat. it allows sheik to punish with a BEASTLY move from and OBSCENE distance.
Only if they suck at DI can they get hit with a tipper Usmash out of Ftilt. Fsmash out of Ftilt has nothing to do with Usmash.

Shiek's boost smash in particular is notorious for being incredibly difficult, possibly the most difficult (useful) Brawl tech due to its incredibly picky timing. That, combined with the fact that it usually has to be partially charged combined with not that much horizontal priority means it's pretty easy to counter from mid-range and that hitting Sheik out of her smash charge can probably be fatal due to the 20% boost in knockback on Sheik's light frame.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You can't DI mid-attacks. You can only SDI during hitLAG, not hitSTUN.
regardless, it's not hard to DI out of range of the second hit. or at least isn't TOO hard.

It's an incredibly amazing defensive option. It comes out 2 frames slower than his jab, is faster than most character's tilts, respectable KO power, Safe on block, etc.
if it's being used as a defensive option, pretty soon "respectable kill power" becomes poop. It has uses, but the other smashes on the list are better, especially considering Pit could really USE range and power as opposed to speed.

Snakes hate their Uair. Sheik would kill for a move with that kind of power. Just because a character likes X move and dislikes Y move doesn't mean that the move itself isn't that great.
no... that's a bad example. Snake has awful control of the air. if sheik had snake's Uair, she'd **** with it because she can zip through the skies and position herself midair... something snake can't do. Game and watch cannot position that usmash to be reliable against people. not very often at all. it has too poor of range to use against grounded oponents, especially when Dsamsh and Fsmash kill so well and have much more speed/power. And against aerial opponents, he cannot position for it with its poor range and speed. as well as there being no good reason for his foe to BE there. he's gotta use it to outprioritize and punish a foe that makes a bad decision, but he can't use it otherwise. at least not well enough to consider the move anywhere near as good as it's being placed.

Only if they suck at DI can they get hit with a tipper Usmash out of Ftilt. Fsmash out of Ftilt has nothing to do with Usmash.
Typo. it was supposed to say Usmash... I thought that would be obvious though.

Shiek's boost smash in particular is notorious for being incredibly difficult, possibly the most difficult (useful) Brawl tech due to its incredibly picky timing. That, combined with the fact that it usually has to be partially charged combined with not that much horizontal priority means it's pretty easy to counter from mid-range and that hitting Sheik out of her smash charge can probably be fatal due to the 20% boost in knockback on Sheik's light frame.
even if sheik's boost smash is difficult enough to work only 50% of the time, because of how good it is, that's enough. it's easily bested horizontally (so is game and watches) but it's not meant to TRY to compete with grounded foes. because of how fast it is, sheik can release the boost smash at any point along the slide distance to punish ANY airborne foe and be essentially unpunishable when doing so.

it's too fast to counter unless you expected it. it's strong enough to KO at fairly low damages.

it's hard, if possible, to punish if it's attemped while you are airborne.

it can poke through some platforms.

at low damages, it hits twice for heavy damage.

Dacus gives it exceptional range.

Can be comboed into reliably against a few characters, semi reliably against a few more, and occasionally against everyone.

it's not the best, but I'd make it top 10.

viparagon

Smash Ace
regardless, it's not hard to DI out of range of the second hit. or at least isn't TOO hard.

if it's being used as a defensive option, pretty soon "respectable kill power" becomes poop. It has uses, but the other smashes on the list are better, especially considering Pit could really USE range and power as opposed to speed.

no... that's a bad example. Snake has awful control of the air. if sheik had snake's Uair, she'd **** with it because she can zip through the skies and position herself midair... something snake can't do. Game and watch cannot position that usmash to be reliable against people. not very often at all. it has too poor of range to use against grounded oponents, especially when Dsamsh and Fsmash kill so well and have much more speed/power. And against aerial opponents, he cannot position for it with its poor range and speed. as well as there being no good reason for his foe to BE there. he's gotta use it to outprioritize and punish a foe that makes a bad decision, but he can't use it otherwise. at least not well enough to consider the move anywhere near as good as it's being placed.

Typo. it was supposed to say Usmash... I thought that would be obvious though.

even if sheik's boost smash is difficult enough to work only 50% of the time, because of how good it is, that's enough. it's easily bested horizontally (so is game and watches) but it's not meant to TRY to compete with grounded foes. because of how fast it is, sheik can release the boost smash at any point along the slide distance to punish ANY airborne foe and be essentially unpunishable when doing so.

it's too fast to counter unless you expected it. it's strong enough to KO at fairly low damages.

it's hard, if possible, to punish if it's attemped while you are airborne.

it can poke through some platforms.

at low damages, it hits twice for heavy damage.

Dacus gives it exceptional range.

Can be comboed into reliably against a few characters, semi reliably against a few more, and occasionally against everyone.

it's not the best, but I'd make it top 10.
lol I've been meaning to add it for a while, and the first time you mentioned it I changed the list. Look before you post next time! I'm fairly good at updating it...

on the topic of pits fsmash./..
..If you mess up on the DI (like you don't judge how much is needed or its too close to pit to do anything)it kills WAY earlier...:ohwell:just sayin'....

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

Actually it doesn't work simialr to the Fsmash. Its basically teleporting to another location and performing the Fsmash.

Wolf's Fsmash has an active attack box throughout the attack.
IC's Up air definitely deserves top 10, i feel it's better than sonic's at least.
So something that has less range and is 1/2 the speed of Sonic's is better?
Other than being disjointed thats really all the IC's have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom