• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight smorgasbord!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
wow, hunger gives up easily.

Also, horrible character choice when you have to fight Lain. :[

Teh Future

Smash Master
:( I wanted some inspiration pwnage before I went to my first real tourney. I hope the matchs vs judge will still get put up eventually.

lain

Smash Master
It would have been better if he didn't. The match woulda been way more intense. :[

But ah well. Videos coming soon. Dojo, M2K, and Ninjalink (all with IC's!)

Teh Future

Smash Master
Who did Ninjalink use? lol I thought he would have went ROB and I have no idea why you would want to go ICs in that matchup...

meepxzero

Smash Master
i knew u were gonna beat his rob. I go even with him when i was bad at cging rob. Cging makes the match up 20 times easier it just sucks that most ic players dont know how to do it efficient enough.

lain

Smash Master
Okay I got Ninjalink up. And the last game of me vs Dojo (which is kinda choppy, but the ENTIRE, SMOOTH set is coming out in a couple days).

<3

Reinhart_x

Smash Apprentice
The Ninjalink matches were sexy, bro. <3 Squall approaches against R.O.B.s.

^_^

So Lain, do you always go D3 against Diddy or do you ever use ICs? Stupid chimps and their nanners. :(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
HATs ROB=TOO GOOD???

lol, i should go oos more. apex was a blast, it's nice that there's a decent group of cool smashers (DUNKIN DONUTS CREW!!) even though most brawl players are 14 and annoying :p

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
do iceies have a harder time with air plankin MK, or a really good rob that separates the climbers well.

or spazz diddy LOL

lain

Smash Master
IC's have a harder time with MK, but it's still even. MK's air planking is indeed, that good, but it can be countered, slowly but surely.

Teh Future

Smash Master
hmmm if I make to michagins big event this summer (forget what its called :/) I definitely want to get some ROB vs Ices friendlies.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Just down throw and then input a dash. When you hit forward to dash it will also input the fthrow and when the dash animation cancels popo is in the right position to grab the opponent again.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Pausing?

Oh!

Lain is disqualified.

Lain should leave.

but luckily no judges are around.

So the match will continue.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Ninjalink DId that way, Im guessing he thought he could still upB to survive, since you can just upB out of spikes with ROB at ******** high percents. ICs kills ROB at like 80 though which is wierd because he can survive falcos spike at like a 100 :/

And wtf is with you pausing so much? lol its one thing to do it in friendlies (like when you are about to be mario faired...) but it seems like you do it a lot in tournies too. I think the one against m2k was an accident, but its hard to say its an accident when you KO someone and randomly pause to zoom in and out on your chaaracter LOL

lain

Smash Master
LOL yeah the pause against M2K was silly, he didn't care though.

Pausing and zooming in and out is too good to warrant an alibi of sorts.

also, yet another set vs Judge's MK. this kid has one of the hardest MK's i've ever played in terms of knowing how to play the matchup (the others being Seibrik, Dojo, and M2K.), so it shouldn't be too boring.

i actually didn't even have a ride to this tournament since MI douched me out, but i eventually got a ride with someone else just in time to win.

this is grand finals, so it's of course juicy. i had just previously beaten anther in a close 3-2 set. i think they got recorded so they might be up laterz.

enjoy.

swordgard

Smash Hero
lain. i love it when you grab him out of the tornado <3
Notice however how there was a sheer amount of luck involved in this sort of timing. When you do a standing grab vs a nado, it is not supposed to work. It only works if
A) nado only hits you and not nana
B) your grab trade hits with the nado, aka both get hit, which happened there. In this case, there is only 1 frame where the grab actually hits.

Either lain has superhuman frame by frame vision, or there was a sheer amount of luck involved going with that grab actually happening. Personally il think its the second one, but whatever floats your boat. Ics are still awesome, and lain is still sick as hell when he plays.

lain

Smash Master
Notice however how there was a sheer amount of luck involved in this sort of timing. When you do a standing grab vs a nado, it is not supposed to work. It only works if
A) nado only hits you and not nana
B) your grab trade hits with the nado, aka both get hit, which happened there. In this case, there is only 1 frame where the grab actually hits.

Either lain has superhuman frame by frame vision, or there was a sheer amount of luck involved going with that grab actually happening. Personally il think its the second one, but whatever floats your boat. Ics are still awesome, and lain is still sick as hell when he plays.
Every time I grabbed him it was a pivot grab.

Standing grab does not work against tornado unless the MK player is REALLY making the tornado's priority REALLY low.

I time everything I do. There is no luck involved sir. I lol'd during tournament when I got the first pivot grab and Hunger was like "THAT WAS FUKKEN LUCKY", and then i got it again and again :]

Top Bottom