• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight's disadvantages

SonicX580

Smash Lord
You guys... ugh why can't you guys for once in your life (Gf2tw and others) believe that Sonic can hold his own until some good hacks brawl and makes major inprovements or until the next smash game comes out that's all I'am going to say let's get back on the topic.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sonic can hold his own, but there's no sense denying that he's at a disadvantage. So are all the other characters :laugh: (ok fiiiine, some will argue that Snake goes even, and a few others are slightly even, but w/e)

Anyway, this thread is useful... errr, was..... it's a worthwhile topic, anyway, since there's so many MKs and they're our worst matchup.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Thank you and the link I put up the first thread link was made by MK2 and the other one was some guy was called Gheb_01 or something anyways it was very hard to get those links and they were deep in the archive and I did this thread to reduce the MK population and this is avalable for all other characters except MK (no offense) and so people can use their own unique stratageys to take out MK and put brawl a little better.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
What...the...hell.
>_> GTFO, you don't know MK do you.
They DO use drill rush to recover. Even M2K uses it.
Drill rush is their BEST vertical recovery option...

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Well with that said Gf2tw "Your To Slow" and on a serious note did anyone read the links I posted on MK?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
i had a nice long post explaining just how stupid all of you (minus in-fizzie) are but it got deleted
so ill say this

drill offstage is good
drill on stage is bad
watch m2k if you dont believe me

and brinboy is once again being a freaking ******
I'm upset, I basically said what you said.
Even with the M2K part.
Not cool.

:093:

Toby.

Smash Master
Well with that said Gf2tw "Your To Slow" and on a serious note did anyone read the links I posted on MK?
I assume everyone read them a long time ago. M2K's thread sits on the first page of Tactical Discussion, and has done so for aaaaaaages. Gheb's thread is also popular and is on the first page of the meta board.

I'm surprised you are trying to reinforce how hard they were to find given that they couldn't have been in a more obvious and prominant position.

Gheb: I wasn't trying to devalue your efforts. I was just hinting at the fact that they weren't new per se. I enjoyed both threads :)

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I assume everyone read them a long time ago. M2K's thread sits on the first page of Tactical Discussion, and has done so for aaaaaaages. Gheb's thread is also popular and is on the first page of the meta board.

I'm surprised you are trying to reinforce how hard they were to find given that they couldn't have been in a more obvious and prominant position.

Gheb: I wasn't trying to devalue your efforts. I was just hinting at the fact that they weren't new per se. I enjoyed both threads :)
Yeah I'am bascially trying to make a Meta Knight's weakness mega collection due to the meta knight issue.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i had a nice long post explaining just how stupid all of you (minus in-fizzie) are but it got deleted
so ill say this

drill offstage is good
drill on stage is bad
watch m2k if you dont believe me
here i did the work for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwo39ulIYfQ

and brinboy is once again being a freaking ******
quoted my self cause i edited it.

at aegh,
deal with it. <3

i bet i know MK better than half the people that main him ...
everybody knows that MFs weaknesses, everybody knows that hes not perfect but hes still broken because everyone knows what he can do and how to stop it, but nobody ever does...
i wish somebody could tell me something about MK that i didnt already know
i even know why MKs priority is so rediculous

its because of galaxia

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Alright KID, I'm dealing with it for only 2 reasons:
Your hurt cuz your beautiful race thread got closed. <3 *sympathy*
You were right again about brinboy.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Ouch hey let's try to focus on the topic okay? I don't want this to be closed until I get my collection complete.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
uggggh.. hes dumb
im going to let you handle the rest of this thread im tired of it...

p.s. how did you get a pink name?

aeghrur

Smash Champion
uggggh.. hes dumb
im going to let you handle the rest of this thread im tired of it...

p.s. how did you get a pink name?
Lol, alright, go do more important stuff. Cuz you are like, the one who runs this place, lol.
I became a debater so I got a pink name.
You guys should become debaters, cuz debate forum is like, dead. Sonic boards can totally get that place alive.

infomon

Smash Scientist
yeah LOL.... when M2K is hitting Azen with drillrush in tournament, I'm not gonna say it's a useless move lolol...... for sure it's not a great move, but it's deffo not useless.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
I updated the thread again with MK's frame data I think you guys could use that for a weakness or formula to counter him hope this helps.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Lol, if sonic went even with MK, there wouldn't be ANY chance that MK would be banned, lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so what?
i go to the debate hall, say some cool stuff and i get a pink name?

sounds easy enough..

any way based on frame data... lol this would be stupid if it was possible

if MK trys to down smash twice in a row, ONLY IF YOU ARE FRAME PERFECT and im doing my math right, you should be able to punish down smash with forward smash.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Some are calling the opportunities you have for punishing MK as his weaknesses.
The fact is, relative to the rest of the cast, he is extremely difficult to punish and has no moves that can be easily punished when missed if the MK knows what he's doing.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Lol, if sonic went even with MK, there wouldn't be ANY chance that MK would be banned, lol.

Meh, I'm talking about real life play. On paper this that blah blah. Although obviously a lot of Sonic mains have trouble with MK, I personally just can't accept it being that bad of a matchup until someone actually proves it to me personally. Like, with some other chars, even if I win a set, I can feel that I was at a significant disadvantage. I've never ever felt that against MK yet =/ Besides the fact that I win at least 60% (more likely 70+%) of my sets against MKs so far, I don't usually feel its because I'm significantly better than the MK player or because he MK player doesn't know the matchup.

Of course though, I haven't played pwnsome MKs recognizable name MKs at real life tourneys yet, but MK is supposed to be even cheaper on lagfi anyways.

Bleh.

Some are calling the opportunities you have for punishing MK as his weaknesses.
The fact is, relative to the rest of the cast, he is extremely difficult to punish and has no moves that can be easily punished when missed if the MK knows what he's doing.
Well hmm. It may not be a weakness persay, relative to the rest of the cast, but its something we can take advantage of. It would definitely be more accurate though if we referred to it as an opportunity for punishment though rather than a weakness. When I say this I'm referring mostly to the frame data though, some other points like punishing him because of his poor aerial movility and shuttle loop VS. Sonic and stuff and Nado Vs. Sonic are true.

You have to keep in mind its Sonic we're playing as. Fact is, he can punish many situations against MK that other characters simply cannot.

Teben

Smash Apprentice
I think it's probably worth noting here that Sonic's dash attack begins extremely fast if performed as quickly as possible. In fact, it might be Sonic's quickest option in his entire arsenal as far as activation goes.

It's a little silly to keep bumping an MK with this move (after all, you're never going to get a really gratuitous amount of knock back from it) but it can sometimes punish MK in situations no other character probably could.

This action is obviously loaded with it's inherent risks depending on when you do it and how you've spaced yourself. MK can short hop Nair and bop you out of it even after you've hit him and rolled past if aren't careful, and some other things here and there I'm sure. Nonetheless, it's certainly worth remembering if you've got an opportunity to do it and don't have to fear retaliation; it could momentarily stop MK's flow and give you time to readjust if nothing else.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I think it's probably worth noting here that Sonic's dash attack begins extremely fast if performed as quickly as possible. In fact, it might be Sonic's quickest option in his entire arsenal as far as activation goes.

It's a little silly to keep bumping an MK with this move (after all, you're never going to get a really gratuitous amount of knock back from it) but it can sometimes punish MK in situations no other character probably could.

This action is obviously loaded with it's inherent risks depending on when you do it and how you've spaced yourself. MK can short hop Nair and bop you out of it even after you've hit him and rolled past if aren't careful, and some other things here and there I'm sure. Nonetheless, it's certainly worth remembering if you've got an opportunity to do it and don't have to fear retaliation; it could momentarily stop MK's flow and give you time to readjust if nothing else.
You're right. It's best on heavy chars with low % (F-tilt or grab is great), but it's also good on MK at ow %. You can F-smash a ******, or grab, or just have a nice DA in.
10agrees

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Dash attack is a 4 frame start-up, but it's easily punishable if it gets predictable. The low knockback makes it easy to hit you before it ends. Best way would be to hit at the beginning of the dash attack or otherwise, your gonna eat a sword to the face. Btw GTFO, you don't use f-smash to punish unless your pretty sure it will kill because otherwise, your just allowing them to live longer by staling your own moves. It's better to go for a grab as that has the most percentage possibilities. A dash attack would be if you have no better option. =/ A hyphen/DAC could possibly work too, although the startup is horrendous.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
4) MK eats SDR combos. Give it a try sometime. Obviously you cant SDR from across the stage, as a dtilt actually WILL stop you, lolz. But dont be afraid to use ASC>Land>SDR.... Furthermore, theres something about his hurtbox that makes him eat SDR combos as well as a larger character for some reason.
*Ahem*

So I told you MK eats SDR combos right?

*More Ahem*

Watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BghNRvRh9gI

... I'm too good.

Lolz JK. But seriously, I was like

O.o
=O
o.O
O_O

@_@

when I saw that happen.

That's 37 damage from SDR/ASC in about half a second.

Of course it doesn't seem like an MK only thing. Just a lucky setup I happened to have. Check the Wi-Fi thread for more info.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
OMG THIS DESERVES A DOUBLE POST.

Its SOOOOO easy to do! on larger chars!

Just Hold forward and intercept your opponent off the tip of the platform!

Tried on bowser in training mode. Set CPU to jump. Got 44% damage on my first try.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hey guys good to see this thread is doing good also I know Sonic has a disadvantage with MK hell everyone does but thah doesn't mean he can't be defeated all we gotta do is try harder like Ninja Link did with Diddy against M2K's Meta Knight so that makes me believe that MK is beatable and also I defeated a MK before of course it was wi-fi (crap) but I still won and Rickerdy-doo-da-day good find I'll updated after I find Sonic's frame data.

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Thread updated thanks for the link Rickerdy-do-da-day on edge grabbing and for Sonic fram data let's try to compare it to MK's frame data and see what we get okay then later.

Top Bottom