• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meter and Recovery

Cassio

Smash Master
Did anyone else notice when he hit link upwards his fist was red and he went like 3 times his height, but against wii trainer it was blue and was shorter? Pretty sure its the same move because the movements were the same. Looks like his moveset may depend a lot on the meter.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Did anyone else notice when he hit link upwards his fist was red and he went like 3 times his height, but against wii trainer it was blue and was shorter? Pretty sure its the same move because the movements were the same. Looks like his moveset may depend a lot on the meter.
I would think it depends on if he's actually connected with an opponent.

Otherwise it'd be a recycled Aura passive.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if it needs to connect for it go up, so he has a pretty crappy recovery or if it does depend on the meter. I'm hoping on the second one, haha.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Maybe it's simply different on the ground. Either way, expect Mac to have a ****ty recovery to balance being both fast and strong--especially since they showcased exactly how bad his air game is. :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
That would be too similar to Lucario's aura. I hope the meter only affects the Star Punch.
True, I don't Little Mac to be similar to Lucario since both are original characters.

EDIT: *I don't want Little Mac to be similar*

Last edited:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Looking at the trailer a few times. My guess is that the meter is NOT what most are thinking.

I think Mac has the ability to make certain attacks chargeable. When he's charging, he absorbs all the damage with super armor while he's charging. It's like Focus Attack in Street Fighter IV.

Actilide

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Actilide
3DS FC
5300-9499-3228
Looking at the trailer a few times. My guess is that the meter is NOT what most are thinking.

I think Mac has the ability to make certain attacks chargeable. When he's charging, he absorbs all the damage with super armor while he's charging. It's like Focus Attack in Street Fighter IV.
Like Ryu's focus attack?

Top Bottom