• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metroid´s manga

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
sorry i know this is not the best place to post this but i was searching for latest naruto chapter
and watched that metroid has a manga, its just 2 volumes about samus´ origins and it is not completed yet but i know there are a lot of ppl who like anime as much as they like smash bros.

here is the link if u want to read it:
http://www.onemanga.com/Metroid/

by the way there is a TLOZ manga too if u want to read too.

hope you enjoy it.....

Crystanium

Smash Hero
This is perfect! I've always wanted an English translation of the manga, because I am in the works of writing a Metroid story! Thank you very much!

Eten

Smash Ace
Maybe overall, most of smash doesn't care about Metroid

But I bet a very large portion that are real Samus fans love Metroid fanatically.
Myself included.
I could talk for hours about it.
About the lore that has been built up around it, analysis of the story elements overall, and the actual games themselves.

RIGHT NOW I'm listening to Metroid Metal
My desktop is... also Metroid.
Oh jesus, I'm plain out obsessed.

And I didn't have the latest chapters of these, actually. Thank you! See you next mission. Clear time, 1:04
55% completion

Crystanium

Smash Hero
**** Armstrong Houston. I refuse to accept him as Metroid Canon.
I agree. I apologize if I offend anyone who likes him, but he's a joke. I don't find him canonical like Keaton. (Hardy was a joke as well.) I personally like the Metroid manga because it is aligned with the games and is canonical. (Strangely enough, this manga has several different wordings that I have not seen in another Metroid e-manga translation.) Then again, I suppose you'd have to praise the Super Metroid comic, since it was, to my knowledge, the first to mention planet K-2L, Old Bird, and Samus being fused with Chozo blood. (The manga says that Samus was "transfected" or "integrated" with Chozo DNA.)

They don't call me "Metroid Fan" for nothing. :psycho:

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Metroid fans make the Samus boards go 'round! 0RLy is a proud Metroid fanatic himself. I have Metroid .mp3s littered all through my Music Folder, Metroid desktop, Metroid posters on my wall, blah blah blah. Someday, I want a life-size replica of Samus' suit, made of metal, with lights where it should be, see-thru visor, etc etc etc.

On topic: I already read almost everything on onemanga, including the Metroid manga. It's not that good, but nice if you want to get some background.

Eten said:

But I bet a very large portion that are real Samus fans love Metroid fanatically.
Myself included.
About the lore that has been built up around it, analysis of the story elements overall, and the actual games themselves.

And I didn't have the latest chapters of these, actually. Thank you! See you next mission. Clear time, 1:04
55% completion
You. Me. Chatroom. Nao.

alchfilosofer

Smash Ace
Metroid fans make the Samus boards go 'round! 0RLy is a proud Metroid fanatic himself. I have Metroid .mp3s littered all through my Music Folder, Metroid desktop, Metroid posters on my wall, blah blah blah. Someday, I want a life-size replica of Samus' suit, made of metal, with lights where it should be, see-thru visor, etc etc etc.

On topic: I already read almost everything on onemanga, including the Metroid manga. It's not that good, but nice if you want to get some background.

You. Me. Chatroom. Nao.
Dam straight, i just love the metroid saga, is so hard, whit an amassing stile and art and so many back-tracking. It requires: patience, intelligence, good eyes, time, skills and taste. The sound track is GODLY and makes you fell so lonely (like if you're getting into the game), probably Super Metroid is the best 2D Adventure Shooter EVER, the best game in super Nintendo (maybe) and probably the best 2d game ever (and whit so many speed runs it can be the best game ever... at least in 1 player). MP1 is one of the best adaptations from 2D to 3D in gaming history. MP2 in hard mode gets crazy hard bosses. and that History, ah man that has to be the best history from a SCI-FICTION game ever.
In fact i played : zero, fusion, prime 1 and 2, hunters (which kinda sucked... compared to real metroids) and super. waiting to play prime 3, original and 2 for the game boy

I love metroid so much i did read the wikipedia page twice in a day, and i could give a kidney for that metal replica and 15 bucks for a nice metroid wall paper (i just have hunters one T_T), 25 for an action figure and 40 for a sound track.

In fact i suppose metroid is the most under rated "popular" game til now... but thanks to that, few idiots actually like metroid which makes the community even better (cause metroid is 99.9% game itself and 0.01% fanservice, and the game requires brain/taste).

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
You guys can probably count me with ORLy and Eten and whoever else as a hardcore Metroid fan. Background in one monitor is the opening title scene from Super Metroid and the background in the other is the close up of Samus' helment/face just before she starts going into Metroid's history. While I'm not listening to it at the moment I usually bring my Metroid Metal along to play on car trips to smash tournaments. I own and have beaten all the games, of course. My record for Super Metroid is 1:15 - but that was a long long time ago, don't think I could get that again without re-working my route and what not.

'n yeah - I put that "(least)" there on purpose. I don't think anyone likes Houston. Not that I blame him for wanting to spend some quality time with everyone's favorite lady.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
For anyone who is interested in reading up on the Super Metroid comic, you can visit Metroid Database (MDb) and go to Super Metroid where the Comics/Manga section is. If you want to listen to some remixes, you can also visit OverClocked Remix where you can find a list of remixes of the Super Metroid tracks. Braving the Flames is my personal favorite!

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Haha, I have all the tracks from Metroid Metal and almost every remix of Super Metroid from ocremix ^^. My personal favorite is all the world in one girl.

My favorite moment in all of Metroid has to be the part in Metroid Prime 3 when you fight the Steamlord for the second time on the bridge. I knew the bridge was collapsing so I just ran to the other side as quickly as I could. There was a gate that could be opened with the grappling lasso, so I instinctively opened it. I was so surprised when I found out that the gate was actually holding the rest of the bridge in place. The bridge collapsed with all the Steambots and the Steamlord (despite the fact that it could fly) with it. Then Samus just walks away from the destruction like a total badass, followed by the striking words, "Stylish Kill". That made me feel all warm and badass inside!! XD

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Well, Paradigm, I think virt's Crystal Flash stands out among the rest. My favorite part is when it's playing the Crateria theme, which comes after Maridia, because it sounds so galactic! I like how virt also placed Super Metroid sounds within this track. His Super Metroid Megamix was also a hit. Brinstar is so epic!

Thanks for the link to Metroid Metal, Paradigm. ;) I'm loving the Norfair theme.

My favorite moment in all of Metroid has to be the part in Metroid Prime 3 when you fight the Steamlord for the second time on the bridge. I knew the bridge was collapsing so I just ran to the other side as quickly as I could. There was a gate that could be opened with the grappling lasso, so I instinctively opened it. I was so surprised when I found out that the gate was actually holding the rest of the bridge in place. The bridge collapsed with all the Steambots and the Steamlord (despite the fact that it could fly) with it. Then Samus just walks away from the destruction like a total badass, followed by the striking words, "Stylish Kill". That made me feel all warm and badass inside!! XD
Yeah, Samus is that cool! She doesn't even have to try!

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Woah! There were more than two chapters of this? I had no idea. I found an English translation of the e-manga ages ago, but I never realized there were more of them. I guess my afternoon just filled up.

This manga is generally considered to be canon, too. Or at least the first two chapters are. Zero Mission even included a couple panels from them as a bonus for getting one of the endings.

EDIT: Okay, I guess later on it starts to go in a direction that seems irreconcilable with the established events of Metroid 1 and 2. It's still pretty neat, though.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That's right, Wyvern. In fact, planet Zebes isn't the second planet from that sun. It's the fourth planet, according to the Observatory in Metroid Prime. That might have thrown you off. Let me explain. There are several internal inconsistencies in the Metroid series. In fact, "several" is just an understatement. This is why in my story, I am going to disregard what follows up in the manga. Sure, it's interesting to read, but I don't agree with a lot of it.

The Bino

Smash Lord

Myself included.

55% completion
im a huge fan of Metroid..... best story line in Nintendo's collection of 1st party games

Kids nowadays think Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best, the story is good but Super Metroid will always remain as the best Metroid game i've ever played.... played em all n own all, except for playing Metroid Prime Hunters, i refuse to buy a DS, but i read the story on it n it was interesting but the lil bit i played, it was fun

i've mained Samus in all Smash games n will continue to do so, hell i bought my Wii just cuz of Smash n Metroid

Subach

Smash Apprentice
The GFMC is stated to be one of the most formidable fighting forces in the Prime games, yet it hasn't even started to form in the manga, which only takes a few years before the series as a whole.

Funny how many of the continuity oddities are with the Prime games in particular, eh?

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a lot for posting all of these manga chapters, I now have a way to spend my afternoon.

I'm a huge Metroid fan my self (my favorite videogame series). Just like a lot of the posters in this thread, I have several metroid wallpapers, I can talk about the series for hours,and I have all of the games (except for Hunters; I don't have a DS). My all time favorite game is Super Metroid, and I am proud to have a 100% completion record of 1:42 (personal best).

It certainly is refreshing to know there are other megafans of Metroid besides me.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
im a huge fan of Metroid..... best story line in Nintendo's collection of 1st party games

Kids nowadays think Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best, the story is good but Super Metroid will always remain as the best Metroid game i've ever played.... played em all n own all, except for playing Metroid Prime Hunters, i refuse to buy a DS, but i read the story on it n it was interesting but the lil bit i played, it was fun

i've mained Samus in all Smash games n will continue to do so, hell i bought my Wii just cuz of Smash n Metroid
Metroid: Zero Mission was the closest to Super Metroid in my opinion. After having played Metroid Fusion, when Zero Mission came out, I was glad to see Energy Units and Missile pick-ups instead of free-floating X parasites. Still, for the Prime sub-series, I see Corruption as the Super Metroid of Prime. That's not because it was the third. Strangely, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption had Ridley, but he was missing in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. That kind of sounds like Metroid, Metroid 2: Return of Samus, and Super Metroid. :psycho:

The Bino

Smash Lord
Metroid: Zero Mission was the closest to Super Metroid in my opinion. After having played Metroid Fusion, when Zero Mission came out, I was glad to see Energy Units and Missile pick-ups instead of free-floating X parasites. Still, for the Prime sub-series, I see Corruption as the Super Metroid of Prime. That's not because it was the third. Strangely, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption had Ridley, but he was missing in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. That kind of sounds like Metroid, Metroid 2: Return of Samus, and Super Metroid. :psycho:
That's so true, never thought to compare them to each other (Metroid, Metroid 2 and Super to Prime Series) and yea i love Zero Mission, it was rather close to it, due to the fact that it was the original Metroid only in color and some of it was redone, so nothing can be really complained about it since it was pure genius of them to remake it with the ending that they had

Now since Fusion was the last in the series, they have very limited space in the actual timeline to make more and more games, i only say this cuz i do remember hearing that Fusion is the last game for Metroid in the timeline

Oh yea my best in Super Metroid was 97% in just under 2hrs, i haven't played that game in so long lol, wonder if i could still do it lol

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace

Myself included.

55% completion
Oh, man....another person who knows of Metroid Metal!!!!
I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU HARD.

Liontamer

Smash Rookie
While OCRemix generally has good stuff, it's just not right to start listing Metroid remixes without this:
http://metroidmetal.com/
Yep, OC ReMix's Metroid series mixes are great, and Stemage's Metroid Metal work is also awesome. Definitely grab both! virt's "Crystal Flash" is also another track that needs to be experienced.

Many thanks to you guys for enjoying our free Metroid ReMixes over at OC ReMix. Definitely keep checking out our main page when you can for all our latest tracks, and thanks again for spreading the good word!

Larry "Liontamer" Oji
Assistant Soundtrack Director, Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Head Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix
Creator, VG Frequency
Staff, VGMdb
http://www.ocremix.org
http://www.vgfrequency.com
http://www.vgmdb.net

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I allways loved listening to your shows at ormgas liontamer, very entertaining =)
As for the thread i could only repeat what has been said allready. I love metroid and Samus is my favorite allthough i might not know as much as you guys know about Metroid but i still would consider myself as a dedicated fan :D

Thanks for that metroidmetal i didnt knew that, its awesome :D

I personaly like the metroid remixes of AmIEvil the most, but the others are surely great aswell!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I allways loved listening to your shows at ormgas liontamer, very entertaining =)
As for the thread i could only repeat what has been said allready. I love metroid and Samus is my favorite allthough i might not know as much as you guys know about Metroid but i still would consider myself as a dedicated fan :D

Thanks for that metroidmetal i didnt knew that, its awesome :D

I personaly like the metroid remixes of AmIEvil the most, but the others are surely great aswell!
Braving the Flames and Zebesian Midnight are my personal favorites. The primeval choral chants from Braving the Flames is what makes it so cool! Ah, man, this just makes me want to write my Metroid story I am working on! And the cool thing is, I was right about the Chozo once having wings on their back! virt's Crystal Flash and Super Metroid Megamix are also my favorites. :)

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
They should have put samus as a small child in brawl with the armour, therefore she could look like kirby and be even more of a floating type character = better wall of pains.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
They should have put samus as a small child in brawl with the armour, therefore she could look like kirby and be even more of a floating type character = better wall of pains.
Except, Samus didn't receive the armor until later on, probably before she was fourteen (maybe twelve or thirteen?). When they look back when Samus is receiving the Power Suit, she seems to look a bit younger than seen how she is at the time when she's speaking to Grey Voice and Mother Brain.

They really need to add a Chozo or Space Pirate in the next one. I'm all for Weavel.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I may not be a Samus main, but I love the metroid series. I recently read the manga like a month ago, and it was very interesting, although some of the plot contradicts the original metroid (or Zero Mission for that case).

It's fun seeing Samus' personality... and how right I was on interpreting how her personality actually is. :)

@Dryn: She was 13 when she first got the armor.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I may not be a Samus main, but I love the metroid series. I recently read the manga like a month ago, and it was very interesting, although some of the plot contradicts the original metroid (or Zero Mission for that case).

It's fun seeing Samus' personality... and how right I was on interpreting how her personality actually is. :)

@Dryn: She was 13 when she first got the armor.
I would have to agree with you on that, even though it doesn't mention the age in the manga. All it shows is that eleven years later, &c. Samus was three at the time, and eleven years passing would make her fourteen. As for the contradictions, there are quite a few in the Metroid series now, due to retconning. I posted some internal inconsistencies of the Metroid series in a Metroid message board a while back. Here's what I wrote:

Metroid Fan said:
Two Multiplied by Two is?

First, we have the Metroid e-manga. It says in the English rendering that planet Zebes is the second planet from the sun, FS-176. However, in Metroid Prime, this is not true, that is, at least if that large orb in the center of all the other planets around it is not FS-176. Yet, if it were not, we would expect that Zebes is located in another area, or that solar system in Metroid Prime was based off of faulty coordinations from the Space Pirates. (Oddly, we find the Chozo language above some of the planets circling around the sun.) But neither of these are so. Planet Zebes, at least to the best of my ability in investigating each angle, is the fourth planet from the sun, and Tallon IV is the fifth. So, how do we solve these?

At first I was curious as to whether or not I could find away around this inconsistency. I thought that perhaps I could resolve this by saying that planet Bilium was discovered, and that Oormine II and Twin Tabula were smaller planets so as to say that these two planets were not yet discovered. Yet, this falls short, because Bilium appears quite smaller in the solar system. In fact, if I am not mistaken, Bilium is a bit larger in teratons than one of those two planets (Oormine II and Twin Tabula). Yet, that planet size is rather small. (I could be mistaken.) So, if anyone can come up with an elaborate way of taking these two and resolving them, much would be appreciated. However, I am more inclined to just choose Metroid Prime over the Metroid e-manga.

To Three or Not to Three? That is the Question.

This one is a bit easier. Consider the following.

• Metroid NES "In the year 2000 of the history of the cosmos, representatives from the many different planets in the galaxy established a congress called the Galactic Federation, and an age of prosperity began."
  • Metroid Zero Mission "In the year 2003 of the Cosmic Calendar, representatives of the many different planets in the galaxy established a congress called the Galactic Federation, and an age of prosperity began."

Super Metroid Storyline Lacks Information Regarding Samus' Prime Missions

Super Metroid Introduction said:
I first battled the Metroids on planet Zebes. It was there that I foiled the plans of the Space Pirate leader Mother Brain to use the creatures to attack Galactic civilization...

I next fought the Metroids on their homeworld, SR388. I completely eradicated them except for a larva, which after hatching followed me like a confused child...

I personally delivered it to the Galactic Research Station at Ceres so scientists could study its energy producing qualities...

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Satisfied that all was well, I left the station to seek a new bounty to hunt. But, I had hardly gone beyond the asteroid belt when I picked up a distress signal!

Ceres Station was under attack!!
After Metroid, Metroid 2: The Return of Samus was the next installment. And then we have Super Metroid. The contradiction? Samus is speaking about what has happened so far. But we are aware that between Metroid and Metroid 2 is the Metroid Prime sub-series (or, that's what I consider it). So, what we find here is that Samus does not mention anything about the Prime series.

The Etecoons & Dachora

We learn that in Super Metroid, Samus learns how to do the wall jump, as well as use her Speed Booster in order to fly. This is affirmed in Metroid Fusion where at Samus meets the Etecoons and Dachora, that she uses the elevator and speaks of these creatures teaching her about unknown abilities. The problem, however, is that in Metroid Zero Mission, she not only knows how to wall jump, but she also knows how to fly. [In the Prime series, with the use of the Screw Attack, Samus is capable of wall-jumping.]

Top Bottom