• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Casual ChatThread <3

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yup, the text is very hard to read, but I want it that way :p

Still, Taj is top tier :/

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
In totally unrelated news I managed to make a stupid fad on Gamefaqs Brawl board by saying Mewtwo was confirmed.

1. first as an assist trophy
2. second as a pokeball

It didn't last long >_>

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Brawl looks like it's going to ****ing blow. Check that thread where gimpy and I think timmy/tommy from my town reported to some dude by phone. About the E for all thing. Yeah.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
NjzFinest,
i think ur mewtwo in ur sig looks insanely awesome,
but the text of ur name is not awesome.

mine = lame filters, ill make a cooler one later x.x

Yours is still pretty cool Airo. Njz, I liked the one you had with Mewtwo in place of Phoenix Wright. That was awesome.

Dan2

Smash Apprentice
A New Tournament Approaches!

Clemson is having a LAN party Oct. 27, and SSBM is going to be on the list of games. It's not going to be a great tournament, but it's going to be fun.

I'll be maining Mewtwo for most of the event, but he gets crushed by a couple of the people around here...
I can't wait!

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
mewtwo stinks once hes figured out and all his surprise factors are gone

the solution?

imagine completely renovating your mewtwo's playing style to ultimately become once again unpredictable to the friends you play with day and night.

for me, personally, i will have to temporarily stop using upthrow combos, stop edgeguarding with dsmash, use significantly less dtilt approaches, and completely nerf my movement style.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
So just a quick question for other Mewtwos,

I can beat a good Sheik on a good day, and when I think about it I can usually get in a 2 stock.

But I always feel so utterly helpless with my approach/edge guarding abilities. Is this normal? : /

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
mewtwo's aerials have very poor range and none of them are suitable for use as aggressive approaches as you would with a sex kick.

the problem with mewtwo's aerials is that they are all flicks. the hitboxes of mewtwo's dair, fair, uair, bair all come out for a only a fraction of a second. Also, mewtwo's nair is only a series of flicks; the hit box appears and disappears repeatedly.

mewtwo needs to rely heavily on his ground approach (wavedash, tilts, and grabs), which isnt that great either. therefore, mewtwo does have a bad approach and it is normal to feel utterly helpless.

however,

mewtwo does have very decent edgeguard options.

quak

Smash Champion
i would just like to say, i brought ss down to one with my mewtwo in a very friendly match on fd

ss stands for silentspecter

i am the best.

slave1

Smash Lord
you have to find the right moves to use.(AKA not his over b) the best one is his dtilt. that sets up for great combos. it will take a long time for some one to be great with him

Top Bottom