• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
The hype is real. Smash is love, Smash is life.

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
do you have to sync both games or register them in club nintendo to get the dlc? that's what i dont understand... Because if it works by sync, does it mean i can sync my wii u version with a friend's 3ds version?... they definitly didn't explain how the dlc really will work out

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So does this mean the Megas wont be apart of his Final Smash, or they actually are and they were just shown first to save his reveal for last?
Too early to say, but it was definitely a pretty masteful trolling on Sakurai's part. Because as soon as I saw that trophy I was all... Mewtwo :'( ........... but oh man.... little did I know..

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I was shocked when I saw Mewtwo, it was so hype!

Also, there's no way he will be tied to only if you have both versions you can have him, I bet he will be paid DLC on the eshop.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
For everyone here.

The Legend is back but remember this

MEWTWO IS ONLY FREE IF YOU HAVE BOTH VERSIONS.

IF YOU ONLY GET ONE, IT'S STILL PAID DLC REMEMBER THAT. DON'T FORGET IT
image.jpg

So let's party

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Now we just gotta push for Ridley:troll:
Haha, nah, they did well with Ridley. The only thing that kept him from being playable was the 3ds, it seems.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
do you have to sync both games or register them in club nintendo to get the dlc? that's what i dont understand... Because if it works by sync, does it mean i can sync my wii u version with a friend's 3ds version?... they definitly didn't explain how the dlc really will work out
Most likely you will have to register both versions on the same account and then you get a download code for the DLC which will otherwise cost money.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Too early to say, but it was definitely a pretty masteful trolling on Sakurai's part. Because as soon as I saw that trophy I was all... Mewtwo :'( ........... but oh man.... little did I know..
Its one of main reason he's relevant again so it makes sense right? Unless theres a third Mega in the works which could be one of the reasons for next years release aside from the late development but I doubt thats the case.

Im pretty sure that Mewtwo will be available as paid Dlc for people who don't plan on getting both versions cause it doesn't make sense to make him free seeing the amount of time and money they are putting in to make him.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
I'm really confused, it sounded like the only way to get Mewtwo is by buying both versions, but that doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do... So is he also able to be bought? People are saying so but did they confirm that in the Direct?

Hope this means more DLC is coming! Seeing him back was so unexpected and awesome.

Raido

Smash Apprentice
Now we just gotta push for Ridley:troll:
Haha, nah, they did well with Ridley. The only thing that kept him from being playable was the 3ds, it seems.
That makes no sense. Why should the 3DS be the reason? The problem is simply that you can't make him smaller without turning him into teenage Ridley...

Ascenic

Smash Rookie
Saw this on reddit:

The Official Nintendo of Europe tweeted the following:

"WARNING! Mewtwo arrives in spring 2015! Register both versions in a promotional period & get him for free! #SmashBros "

So, I think that we can assume that after the promotional period they'll release him as paid for DLC.

Fears are calmed, hype increasing. I pretty much almost had an aneurism when I saw him though. When I saw his feet at first I thought "hah, real funny guys, what is this, something for Lucario?" I HAVE NEVER BEEN MORE HAPPY TO BE PROVEN WRONG IN MY LIFE.

Last edited:

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
That makes no sense. Why should the 3DS be the reason? The problem is simply that you can't make him smaller without turning him into teenage Ridley...
I am saying the 3ds would not be able to handle him. I mean, they even have a stock ko image prepared for him. Something happened with the 3ds version that caused him to not work properly. Probably with the hexagons or something, since they were trying to keep it at 60 frames. That would also explain why Ridley isn't even int eh 3ds version at all, including trophies.
No, I am not demoting the 3ds version. It is very fun. I am just making a statement. But it is whatever, Ridley looks really cool and fun.

al-LAYN

Smash Cadet
So I love how they put in a trophy with both Mega forms of Mewtwo earlier on just to make a lot of us groan, but then... Mewtwo is confirmed playable!
I thought about this too. From the secret character trailer actually being Bowser Jr.'s, to Mewtwo being announced, and Amiibo, and DLC confirmed; I can't help but to picture Sakurai and his team seating on leather chairs, drinking wine, whilst they witness a construction team make a pool where they'll swim with all the money they'll be making with this game.

Last edited:

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
Now that DLC is confirmed, lets push for more FE characters!!

Roy as DLC!! HECTOR, ELIWOOD, EPHRAIM, MICAIAH, ALM, CELICA!! *manatical fe laughter*

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
For those that dont know a new Mewtwo model hack for the PM version was released on Brawl Vault earlyer today and it strikes a huge resemblance to the one in the direct

image.jpg

Just a coincidence or was it a cosmic foreshadowing from the GameGods?

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Mewtwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smash Wii U is officially my favorite game ever Mr.150 made SM4SH beat out Hyrule Warriors but now i just want to say DLC confirmed!! now we hope for more to come (WONDER RED, ISSAC and LANA)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
For those that dont know a new Mewtwo model hack for the PM version was released on Brawl Vault earlyer today and it strikes a huge resemblance to the one in the direct

View attachment 28084

Just a coincidence or was it a cosmic foreshadowing from the GameGods?
Psychic foreshadowing ;)

Mewtwo himself psionically implanted the image in the minds of the PM devs to foreshadow his coming.

I'm really stoked on the model. It's the perfect silhouette. His head isn't big like in Melee. SO. MOTHERF*CKING. HYPED!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In case this hasn't been said yet, I think Mewtwo will only be free if you own both versions, and paid DLC if you only own a single version, probably in the range of 5 bucks, give or take.

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
Roy roy roy, got buried by sakurai, put away like pichu, and young link. Dark samus ridley and chrom all got booted as well. Whelp, that dlc tho

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
I always knew that Mewtwo would be the number one contender for character DLC if it actually became a thing.
Congratulations to all of the people who really wanted Mewtwo in the game!

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I really hope DLC will be paid if you don't have Wii U version otherwise i'll kill myself...

Last edited:

Pebbicle

Smash Cadet
No Soren? I see how it is... :glare:
I like Soren, AND he is of royal blood! But I wanted lords :<

Letting two master tacticians off at each other may not be the best thing though. Robin vs. Soren. Wow. The game would melt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom