• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mewtwo is better than lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
That's what pokesav is for, no need to waste those hours training!

Yeah! Its why I have a Lucario that has Pure Power, M-mash, Swords Dance, Extremespeed, Crunch, all EV's maxed out...all IV's at 31...

LOL.

I also have a Mewtwo like that, but with Wonder Guard and stuff. :psycho:

PokeSav makes Pokemon EASIER. Like, waaaay easier.

Mewtwo is OLD. Too old. Lucario is new. Brand, spanking new.
Thats why Lucario > Mewtwo. The only old person who can be awesome at the same time is Snake from MGS4 >.>

Although that game DOES deserve to be made into a real movie... cinematic cut scenes and all.

Destati

Smash Cadet
Personally, I prefer seeing my Pokemon be lively rather than just seeing text bounce back and forth.

I like PBR. Battles are way too short otherwise. You're fighting in a Colosseum... Make it epic

Also, does Arceus have a tier of his own yet?

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Personally, I prefer seeing my Pokemon be lively rather than just seeing text bounce back and forth.

I like PBR. Battles are way too short otherwise. You're fighting in a Colosseum... Make it epic

Also, does Arceus have a tier of his own yet?

Arceus is an UBER. It is countered by...anything that has a type advantage over its type. Some Arceus sets are harder to destroy though, such as one with Swords Dance and Extremespeed, but Giratina and pressure deal with it.

Technically, the 3 most "fearsome" ubers are Arceus,
Mewtwo
, and Deoxys-Attack.

Although I think Kyogre is fearsome as well, being the #1 most used Uber.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
That's what pokesav is for, no need to waste those hours training!

yep, people that dont use pokesav are wasting weeks of their lives

Aren't hax banned from tournaments?
official ones yes, but that's when you trade with actual breeders (who then use the copy glitch to copy pokemon), if only for a tournament.

Yeah! Its why I have a Lucario that has Pure Power, M-mash, Swords Dance, Extremespeed, Crunch, all EV's maxed out...all IV's at 31...

LOL.

I also have a Mewtwo like that, but with Wonder Guard and stuff. :psycho:

PokeSav makes Pokemon EASIER. Like, waaaay easier.
yeah, there are some fun ones like that

Arceus is an UBER. It is countered by...anything that has a type advantage over its type. Some Arceus sets are harder to destroy though, such as one with Swords Dance and Extremespeed, but Giratina and pressure deal with it.

Technically, the 3 most "fearsome" ubers are Arceus,
Mewtwo
, and Deoxys-Attack.

Although I think Kyogre is fearsome as well, being the #1 most used Uber.
arceus is banned atm because there is no way to legally obtain him so no, he has no tier yet. Kyogre is the most feared by far and then it's deoxys-f. But that's because they're lategame sweepers so of course they strike fear in people.

--LOL at everyone saying that darkrai is underused. It's the most popular lead by far and is second in total usage and weighted usage.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Did Ken ever manage to beat Azen? Wait, that's a different topic entirely.

WELL, I say Mewtwo looks cooler than Lucario, not to mention he's uber, while Lucario is a pathetic OU. Heck, Garchomp is cooler than Lucario. Who likes Lucario anyways?

...*realizes he's a Lucario fan* Oh darn, I just made myself look like an idiot.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
... I actually like to train each of my pokemon the hard way. >_>;
Training pokemon the hard way!? Is there such a way!?

jk, lol. Seriously, I tried breeding and Ev Training and, uh... it got boring after the first 5 minutes. PokeSaving legit stats off of Shoddy is easier, and no one can complain of 252 EV's in all stats.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Yea, i did, thats why I sighed.

But it was worth the facepalm, or forcepalmfacepalm.
-t2

Wrap It Up

Smash Apprentice
... I actually like to train each of my pokemon the hard way. >_>;
But with IV's and EV's and all the natures and stuff that is to difficult. And there is a shortage of TM's like EQ which are needed so pokesav's become helpful. Just as long as you don't lose the action replay usb cable, like me XD.

But back in Sliver, I trained 6 pokemon to 100. But didnt know anything about the pokemon metagame so I lost a lot of my fights.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i think m2k feel in love with mewtwo after watching pokemon the first movie. i mean come on, who hasn't.
smash bros 3, mewtwo in armor! woot!

Darkwashu

Smash Ace

Who doesnt wanna brawl in that?

@Topic,sadly,Lucario > Mewtwo brawl wise.

Mewtwo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucario everything.

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

The movie made me not like Mewtwo, emo sux! I'm like the opposite of emo, so Mew was way cooler. The Mewtwo early in the manga was more tite, used a huge spoon to **** **** up!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i dont want to think mewtwo as an emo. to me, he was a deep thinker. "who am i.." "why was i made..." and im like whoa, this guys deep.
speaking of spoons, i would like to see Alakazam in some smash action. hes cooler than both mewtwo and lucario combined!

SH4D0W

Smash Rookie
Screw all those statistics, screw the comparisons! HERE COMES THE FINAL, TRUE STATEMENT :

"Mewtwo wasn't never not as unweak as Lucario wasn't, because Lucario wasn't always just as not unstrong as mewtwo never hasn't been not, isn't it ?"
Now THAT isn't not unlogic, doesn't everyone not just unagree with me?

EDIT: I have yet to figure this sentence out myself^^

Ah well, my real opinion : I kinda like lucario more, because he looks cooler and isn't just a Frieza clone ^^
And I really disliked mewtwo's "floatiness" in Melee

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The movie made me not like Mewtwo, emo sux! I'm like the opposite of emo, so Mew was way cooler. The Mewtwo early in the manga was more tite, used a huge spoon to **** **** up!

Um, have you EVER watched the Lucario movie? Mewtwo was a bad guy with issues, but Lucario was also an emotional wreck.

Mewtwo - I can only trust myself - at least if I make some clones, I can trust them too. Then we can do away with all the disloyal rot in the world.

Lucario - Everyone i ever cared about is dead, and my best friend betrayed me. I hate everyone.

While i personally like Lucario better because he has the most potential to make Ash in the anime start learning aura tricks so as to end the anime's last four seasons of abysmal storylines, not to mention looking cooler than Mewtwo and deviating from the typical "all supernatural abilities are psychic/ghost-based" theme, Lucario is NOT Mr. Sunshine.

EDIT: SH4D0W - English translation, please?

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
Um, have you EVER watched the Lucario movie? Mewtwo was a bad guy with issues, but Lucario was also an emotional wreck.

Mewtwo - I can only trust myself - at least if I make some clones, I can trust them too. Then we can do away with all the disloyal rot in the world.

Lucario - Everyone i ever cared about is dead, and my best friend betrayed me. I hate everyone.

While i personally like Lucario better because he has the most potential to make Ash in the anime start learning aura tricks so as to end the anime's last four seasons of abysmal storylines, not to mention looking cooler than Mewtwo and deviating from the typical "all supernatural abilities are psychic/ghost-based" theme, Lucario is NOT Mr. Sunshine.

EDIT: SH4D0W - English translation, please?
but azen is happy and he's lucario.....

Screw all those statistics, screw the comparisons! HERE COMES THE FINAL, TRUE STATEMENT :

"Mewtwo wasn't never not as unweak as Lucario wasn't, because Lucario wasn't always just as not unstrong as mewtwo never hasn't been not, isn't it ?"
Now THAT isn't not unlogic, doesn't everyone not just unagree with me?
mewtwo was as weak as lucario wasn't because lucaroi was always just as unstrong as mewtwo has been not, isn't it?
--now THAT is unlogic, doesn't everyone just agree with me?

except for the been not, it makes sense, grammar nazis attack, but I'll retaliate

Kakashi421

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo wasn't ever not as weak as Lucario becasue Lucario wasn't always as strong as Mewtwo.

Thats what that sentence means, correct me if I'm wrong.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
We've used DBZ and Digimon references...

Lets use Naruto!

Lucario is like Sasuke and Mewtwo is like Orochimaru. Everyone knows that Lucario is cool, in spite of being an emotional wreck and everyone he's ever loved has died, whereas Orochimaru and Mewtwo are creepy Michael Jackson copycats.
Its interesting that you compared my favorite Pokemon (Mewtwo) to my favorite anime character (Orochimaru).

"Mewtwo was never as weak as Lucario was, because Lucario was always just as
strong as mewtwo was, right?"

I did my best...

Anyway, psychic means Mewtwo can rip the brains out of your head, which Lucario simply cannot do (as easily).

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Who says aura cant rip brains out?
Also isnt aura kinda your soul?
And lucario can control Aura, so then connecting dots, He can take yours?

Brain stealing or Soul stealing. What sounds cooler?
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
well aura (im correcting myself here) is you life force, not soul.

So its life stealing, or controlling. or what ever.

I give up.
Point is, Lucarios better.
-t2

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
well aura (im correcting myself here) is you life force, not soul.

So its life stealing, or controlling. or what ever.

I give up.
Point is, Lucarios better.
-t2
Aura can suck out your life force? Was that in the movie..? All I remeber are the memory flowers or whatever they were called...

tedward2000

Smash Champion
its lucario, he probably can.
I mean, he makes energy items, (check serebii, its in there) so, he can do something.

(splash attack)
*flees*
-t2

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
We don't know the limits of aura.

Aura, however, has a form that hurts you (aura sphere). Psychic energy works only on the manipulation of other objects, therefore, there is not such thing as a telepathy sphere. We also do not know how much the Lucario in the movie developed his aura/psychic powers. All that is certain is that in addition to aura sphere, Lucario can learn psychic, but it is unknown if/how the two powers are related.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Anyone notice that the furries of these boards are the Lucario supporters?

So Mewtwo>Lucario

Furries? Seriously? Thats kind of...interesting information.

But you're wrong.

Lucario > Mewtwo. An old pokemon with a umbilical cord on his neck is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom