• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Lucas, and Balance Patch v1.0.6 Predictions? Hopes? Complaints? Vent here!

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
I think MK needa a buff actually. Less landing lag and more power. Also Marth could use less landing lag.

*DK and his lag*
What??? He has less lag than any other fatty!
his fair has a lot of ending lag
his up special has a lot of ending lag
r. special has a lot of ending lag
a lot of his smash attacks have a ton of ending lag

PCHU

Smash Lord
I'd either like more aerial mobility or faster attacks in general (at least let Dedede be able to SH fair or let Wario SH dair).
It'd really smooth out the game and open up a lot more possibilities for combos/shield pressure.
Maybe even make DI have a greater effect to keep things less like a traditional fighting game and more based on reaction (provided characters become better able to combo).

I guess if I had to ask for something that can be done with minimal effort, I'd just want less ending/landing lag from aerials.
Some of it just feels downright ridiculous in comparison to characters like Mario.

Rikter

Smash Cadet
Ike with his Brawl Jab cancels back.

Oh and I guess make that hoo ha or whatever slightly less reliable and some other changes.

And as for my scrubbiest request i'd want to see Little Mac's jab adjusted because it frustrates me being unable to DI out of it once it starts up. Can't see that happening though and if it did he'd probably need buffs elsewhere.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Ike with his Brawl Jab cancels back.

Oh and I guess make that hoo ha or whatever slightly less reliable and some other changes.

And as for my scrubbiest request i'd want to see Little Mac's jab adjusted because it frustrates me being unable to DI out of it once it starts up. Can't see that happening though and if it did he'd probably need buffs elsewhere.
Didn't Lucario had the Brawl jab cancels too? Or what is something else?

I'm probably thinking of his jab-lock into grabs (which is where Lucario had most of his follow-ups from), oddly enough Ike can do that as well.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
his fair has a lot of ending lag
his up special has a lot of ending lag
r. special has a lot of ending lag
a lot of his smash attacks have a ton of ending lag[/quoteso u tjink his fair, which meteors and kills early, his high priority upb, and his insanely powerful smashes shouldnt have lag? dude fat characters are supposed to have lag or else theyd be too good.
Come to think of it, why has nobody mentioned Yoshi? If anyone needs a nerf, it's him. Holy crap he has no landing lag at all and he kills at like 100 with almost all of his kill moves. How he isn't seeing more high level competitve play is beyond me. Sonic amd Yoshi and Diddy's uair. That's the only nerfing I'd be interested if there has to be a patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
Come to think of it, why has nobody mentioned Yoshi? If anyone needs a nerf, it's him. Holy crap he has no landing lag at all and he kills at like 100 with almost all of his kill moves. How he isn't seeing more high level competitve play is beyond me. Sonic amd Yoshi and Diddy's uair. That's the only nerfing I'd be interested if there has to be a patch.
loook at earlier posts, yoshi was brought up, but i mean i agress he has little to no lag on his moves, but he's not topping as consistently here in u.s. as he is in japan. japan thinks he's top 3...u.s. thinks he's top 10. so idk, when i fight yoshis, i do have trouble, but i find his recovery being bad, nerfing his low lag moves

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
I just want my characters to be left alone for the most part. I'd rather not relearn things.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
@ LunarWingCloud LunarWingCloud as a toonlink player i actually think that would be a little too good on the first hit since that actually already has way less endlag then normal link's. i think the second hit should come much faster though since i'm sick of never being able to hit characters like jiggly with the second hit.
That was more or less what I meant. ^^

PCHU

Smash Lord
I just want my characters to be left alone for the most part. I'd rather not relearn things.
But wouldn't you enjoy learning how to use a better character?

Actually, I hate Smash 4 Mario; he feels way too easy and it just makes me miss Melee Mario that much more.
Dedede, though...wouldn't mind if he got better.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
But wouldn't you enjoy learning how to use a better character?

Actually, I hate Smash 4 Mario; he feels way too easy and it just makes me miss Melee Mario that much more.
Dedede, though...wouldn't mind if he got better.
Not necessarily that, but I like knowing what works since I've out so much time into them already. I know what's safe and what isn't, what combos and doesn't, stuff like that. Villager was barely touched in the last patch, which was great. But then Wii Fit Trainer got hit with 2x the lag on her air dodge, making her a lot less enjoyable. My characters aren't that impressive, and I'd rather just let them be.

I wouldn't mind a slight grab range increase on Palutena or WFT though, but nothing too drastic that could mess up my combos. If there's a change in knockback, I'd have to re figure out what can combo or not.

But maybe I'm just bitter, I like my characters as is.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
OH YES.

I forget Yoshi is like 2nd in noob bait. His stupid down air does 30 percent and all his attacks have no freaking end lag.

SmashRacer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmashRacer

I'm probably thinking of his jab-lock into grabs (which is where Lucario had most of his follow-ups from), oddly enough Ike can do that as well.
Lucario had Jab Cancels back in Brawl. No Jab Locks. He could Jab Cancel into pretty much anything. My favorite was Jab - Jab - Force Palm Grab.
It's sad he lost it. He could get kills as low as 60% without having to do a hard read
Jab Lock is something else. Here's video to explain it

Last edited:

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I think for Diddy his up air will get nerfed in power meaning it wont kill as early. Maybe it will become just a combo tool instead of a kill move or they will make the trajectory of a dthrow change so that it can mainly combo into a fair instead of up air.

For shiek probably making fair have more landing lag but more hitstun to keep fair combos.

For some characters they should get their faster nair's back like peach to be able to break combos every now and then.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
you know what. just give everyone better shield pressure options. it's honestly kind of dumb that shield pressure is barely a thing in this game due to how most things even if spaced properly are unsafe on sheild. Totally agree on the fast nair thing. honestly a bit worried my favourite mewtwo move(that nair) will not return due to sakurai ****ing with so many solid nairs from returners in this game.(i will forever hate that dumb thing that replaced samus's sex kick)

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779

Yeah he did, you could cancel his jabs by crouching (Jab, jab crouch ~ repeat). I wish they didn't remove that, considering other characters can now do it. I used to use him alot in Brawl... Not so much anymore. ._.

:4diddy:knockback on his down throw.

:4sonic:I hope he doesn't, but I'm guessing he will get a nerf... I'm guessing the power of his backthrow, and maybe his Uair? I'm not sure on that. I just hope they don't butcher my main. ._.

:4metaknight: has needed a bit of a buff for a while. Just give his range like, a few more pixels of range... Please. My friend mains him and he's getting to the point where he's sick of the game. I know even the slightest buff would help him carry on. Or hell, make it so his specials can grab the ledge even if he's facing away. The amount of times he's accidently killed himself because of that is insane. Just anything, because he's one of the few people I enjoy playing this game with consistently. But besides that, he definitely need a buff in some way.

:4littlemac:Recovery needs to be nerfed. He's too good. Give him back his pre-nerf recovery.

:4lucario:He's fine as he is... Apart from the lag on his Up B when he lands on stage. I know it was nerfed, but holy helly, the lag on it is absolutely insane now. You'd probably benefit more from using it to SD given how easy it is to punish.

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Hoping for some good G&W buffs. Sometimes he just feels half-finished compared to top tiers.

If he's gonna die under 100, let him kill under 100. Less lag on aerials and dtilt. Turtle eats shields again. Down air slowfalling. Old hammer RNG. Lingering smashes. Remove most of the unnecessary lag on bucket. Chef is slightly faster.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Any speculation or ideas on what time we are gonna get these codes for the Mewtwo DLC? I'm leaving for Edinburgh for a day trip, and I'd love to be playing Mewtwo on the train... >_<

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Any speculation or ideas on what time we are gonna get these codes for the Mewtwo DLC? I'm leaving for Edinburgh for a day trip, and I'd love to be playing Mewtwo on the train... >_<
Feel like they're either going by PST or EST. I'm hoping that it's EST because I'm PST.

p1ay6ack

Smash Journeyman
what time zone did they use the balance patch last time? i hope they use the japanese time zone, so we get it a day earlier :D

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
LOL Yes!

Or they use that time zone for Mewtwo distribution codes so we can mess with all the Japanese players on FG XD

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
Give Sun Salutation the damage and knockback of a reverse warlock punch. I'd be happy.

jk but WFT needs a buff to grabs in general. Give it a wider grab range, make up or down throw combo into something, something like that.
It'd also be neat to see Zelda's phantom more durable or give it a quicker recharge after it breaks.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Give Sun Salutation the damage and knockback of a reverse warlock punch. I'd be happy.

jk but WFT needs a buff to grabs in general. Give it a wider grab range, make up or down throw combo into something, something like that.
It'd also be neat to see Zelda's phantom more durable or give it a quicker recharge after it breaks.
I'd like if it could stay out a bit longer so it could actually block projectiles

Also can't WFT's down throw combo into back air? Or am I remembering this wrong

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'd like if it could stay out a bit longer so it could actually block projectiles

Also can't WFT's down throw combo into back air? Or am I remembering this wrong
Most of the time the opponent flies into this 1 space that she can't combo into immediately.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
as a WFT user, (not main or secondary tho), I think these are the buff she deserves

* The Ball travels just slightly faster
* slightly bigger sweetspot on SideB for meteor smash and more priority (so the ball doesnt attack the opponent instead)
* Bigger hitboxes on Side Smash and Up Smash
* just a notch stronger Sun, (with like 1-3% in damage or 3-5 in knockback)
* DownB is easier to hit and recharge faster (sometime it take ages for it to be normal speed)
* the DownB buff lasts slightly longer (like 2-5 seconds)
* Less endlag on Side Smash and UpSmash with 2-5 frames

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I'm hoping for less lag on Palutena's smashes and tilts, as well as slightly bigger hitboxes on WFT's everything. Short characters too stronk 4 WFT. Also less lag on Lucario's Up+B.

Last edited:

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
Meta Knight is the one I'm hoping get's buffed. The hitboxes on the guy are just sad to look at.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
One general change I'd like them to make is removing the chance of getting doubles of custom specials you already have. Its so goddamn stupid and there is no point. I bet most people won't ever experience all the custom moves due to how much of a pain it is to get them.

Buffs

Give :4ganondorf: less lag on his jab, preferably how it was in Melee. INSTAPUNCH

:4zelda: Increase sweetspot hitbox for lightning kick, make din's fire overall more useful and give fair less landing lag. And they should change the Din's Blaze custom so Zelda can move around more after its placed, like in Project M.

:4olimar: Make Pikmin unable to be reflected. Its so stupid!

Return :4samus:'s down smash to its former glory. Give fair less landing lag to compensate for its low power. Give f smash sourspot more power.

:4littlemac:Buff recovery immensely. Increase vertical lift and steering ability on all up B variants, increase horizontal distance on all side b variants.

:4peach:Buff final smash. I don't care what the hell they do to it, just don't make it completely counterproductive!

:4miisword: Give aerials less landing lag.

:4marth:Make less laggy in general.

:4wiifit:Give more range on smashes

Nerfs

:4diddy:Nerf. Hoo. Hah. Give uair more ending lag.

:rosalina:Everything.

:4zss:More landing lag on aerials.

:4palutena:Nerf lightweight. Its disgusting.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Hopes:
:4palutena: Lightweight becomes default, less lag on stuff.
:4pit: Fix (minor) hitbox problems on Fair and Usmash.
:4darkpit: All of Pit's plus a significant buff to either his arrows, Arm, or a combination of the two to put him on par with Pit, but not the same.

Expectations:
Random windbox adjustment to :4darkpit::4falcon::4pit:'s Fspecials with no clear difference again.
:4pit: Fsmash is made more consistent against :4ganondorf: & :4link: when at high % and Rage.
:4darkpit: ^ and get's another two lines of garbage code and Ftilt is buffed to match Pit's.
:4palutena: Lightweight glitch gets fixed.
:4diddy: Gets murdered somehow.
:4mewtwo::4lucas:Are as crappy as their old selves. (The later isn't coming this patch though.)

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
One thing I think people are failing to keep in mind when asking for nerfs is that while things may seem broken, the real problem is that people haven't learned to deal with it. Obvi Diddy and Sheik are just generaly better, but a lot of these complaints are rather unexplored at this point in the meta.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
I'm hoping for a slight nerf to Diddy Kong and for Sakurai to try to balance the custom moves as he stated that he didn't balance them. I don't really want that many nerfs I prefer buffs to the low tier and bot tier characters in areas they are weak in or even add new utility in their moves like allowing Zelda to store a fully charged phantom. Some changes to Dark Pit and lucina to further differentiate them from Pit and Marth would be nice and I know asking Sakurai to make new and unique movesets for them. For Lucina I would like to see her movement to be faster than Marth and her full jumps to be higher than Marth's so she has some kind of advantage over him. I would like to see all aerials be auto cancelling, smaller blastzones, and some shieldstun too and for the character ballot thing I voted for Wolf and if he gets in I will be voting for Snake. Anyone thinking about voting for characters that are apart of someone's Final Smash(Chrom) or an assist trophy(Waluigi) you are wasting your time.

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Uh, nerf Diddy and Rosa I guess, idc really. I don't think it's a good idea to nerf or buff characters. The fact that it's now an option is a terrible thing, look how much more we're whining since it became a possibility. At this rate, we'll end up worse than the LoL community and even more unbalanced than their game.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'm hoping for a slight nerf to Diddy Kong and for Sakurai to try to balance the custom moves as he stated that he didn't balance them. I don't really want that many nerfs I prefer buffs to the low tier and bot tier characters in areas they are weak in or even add new utility in their moves like allowing Zelda to store a fully charged phantom. Some changes to Dark Pit and lucina to further differentiate them from Pit and Marth would be nice and I know asking Sakurai to make new and unique movesets for them. For Lucina I would like to see her movement to be faster than Marth and her full jumps to be higher than Marth's so she has some kind of advantage over him. I would like to see all aerials be auto cancelling, smaller blastzones, and some shieldstun too and for the character ballot thing I voted for Wolf and if he gets in I will be voting for Snake. Anyone thinking about voting for characters that are apart of someone's Final Smash(Chrom) or an assist trophy(Waluigi) you are wasting your time.
Not to derail the topic, but honestly the whole ballot thing is a waste of time. I don't see any characters coming out of it. Wolf is basically a lock at this point and if Snake was going to get in he would get in anyway. (Not saying Wolf/Snake fans are wasting votes just to be clear.) All the popular characters are either terribly dull moveset wise (Daisy, Dixie, new FE lord/Roy, ect) or wouldn't translate well at all (less popular choices like Wonder Red or Inkling, ICs too). Seems like the whole thing is just to create some more buzz for Smash.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
One general change I'd like them to make is removing the chance of getting doubles of custom specials you already have. Its so goddamn stupid and there is no point. I bet most people won't ever experience all the custom moves due to how much of a pain it is to get them.
Buffs

Give :4ganondorf: less lag on his jab, preferably how it was in Melee. INSTAPUNCH

:4zelda: Increase sweetspot hitbox for lightning kick, make din's fire overall more useful and give fair less landing lag. And they should change the Din's Blaze custom so Zelda can move around more after its placed, like in Project M.

:4olimar: Make Pikmin unable to be reflected. Its so stupid!

Return :4samus:'s down smash to its former glory. Give fair less landing lag to compensate for its low power. Give f smash sourspot more power.

:4littlemac:Buff recovery immensely. Increase vertical lift and steering ability on all up B variants, increase horizontal distance on all side b variants.

:4peach:Buff final smash. I don't care what the hell they do to it, just don't make it completely counterproductive!

:4miisword: Give aerials less landing lag.

:4marth:Make less laggy in general.

:4wiifit:Give more range on smashes

Nerfs

:4diddy:Nerf. Hoo. Hah. Give uair more ending lag.

:rosalina:Everything.

:4zss:More landing lag on aerials.

:4palutena:Nerf lightweight. Its disgusting.
Lol Palutena, Zero Suit are fine. Rosalina doesn't really need any major changes, but I wouldn't be opposed to something small.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Lol Palutena, Zero Suit are fine. Rosalina doesn't really need any major changes, but I wouldn't be opposed to something small.
Have you ever played a Palutena using lightweight? Its ridiculous. I think its impossible to escape D-throw -> Uair when lightweight is activated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom