• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattrack10

Smash Rookie
Also I noticed that rosalina's side special (star bits) seems to do less damage. If all bits hit it will do 6 damage; and I believe it was higher before the patch

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Also I noticed that rosalina's side special (star bits) seems to do less damage. If all bits hit it will do 6 damage; and I believe it was higher before the patch
Rosalina & Luma's Star Bits seem to deal a total of 8.4% damage, which is the same as it was before. I don't notice a difference between the two moves.

Last edited:

Gagneto

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4270-2959-1814
can someone confirm/deconfirm less landing lag on Lucina's and Marth's Bair? not sure if it has been brought it up yet (didn't read ALL 31 pages), the placebo might be working on me

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Protip to people worried about DI in training mode: Set the AI to "control." This forces the dummy to do literally nothing and wait for input from a second controller. DI-free testing, whooo!

brainsh0ck

Smash Rookie
NNID
Turbonet
3DS FC
2492-5085-7052
Hey, i noticed the Replays and the Album load MUCH faster in the 3DS version.

Matías Avilés

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i've been doing some testing about Fthrow for Pit/Dark pit both of the characters, Maybe some people noticed but it doesn't kill as early as it used to be, before patch around 120% killed on ledge

This was all tested in final destination ON ledge, against Mario, at 150% you get the smash spark but may not kill if DI done well
at 160 or more it's almost a 100% kill secure

As for Dark pit the results we're almost the same except Fthrow appears to be slightly better than pit's, and by slightly i mean, Really slightly,

Also an interesting thing is that Fthrow appears to not be changed by Rage effect, i checked the diference between 0% and 150%
And it's almost unnoticeable.

This was all tested in 3DS not yet Wii U,
Please confirm.

Jya

Smash Rookie
Hi guys, i've been doing some testing about Fthrow for Pit/Dark pit both of the characters, Maybe some people noticed but it doesn't kill as early as it used to be, before patch around 120% killed on ledge

This was all tested in final destination ON ledge, against Mario, at 150% you get the smash spark but may not kill if DI done well

As for Dark pit the results we're almost the same except Fthrow appears to be slightly better than pit's, and by slightly i mean, Really slightly,

Also an interesting thing is that Fthrow appears to not be changed by Rage effect, i checked the diference between 0% and 150%

Please confirm.
Were you testing it in training mode? Rage does not apply in training mode, that might have been why you didn't get results with rage.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Please confirm.
It's always been like that, nobody talks about it because it's only a difference of a percent.

Moderate skill

Smash Apprentice
:4wiifit:

Neutral Air deals 16 if all hits connect (near the bottom) but less if only one hit connects. Higher up, it still deals 14%.

If all hits of header connect, it deals 27 damage, up from 23. The projectile itself seems unchanged, so this might mean the spike hitbox is stronger.

Utilt is now 9%, up from 8.

Up air does 11% at the top (hands) but 8 for the other hitboxes. (From 10? Does anyone know if it did this before?)

Fsmash now does 17% at the hands, which I think is more than before. (15%?)

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
:4wiifit:

Neutral Air deals 16 if all hits connect (near the bottom) but less if only one hit connects. Higher up, it still deals 14%.

If all hits of header connect, it deals 27 damage, up from 23. The projectile itself seems unchanged, so this might mean the spike hitbox is stronger.

Utilt is now 9%, up from 8.

Up air does 11% at the top (hands) but 8 for the other hitboxes. (From 10? Does anyone know if it did this before?)

Fsmash now does 17% at the hands, which I think is more than before. (15%?)
Damage values don't seem to be any different from before. I can't get any of the damage values that you've listed.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Warning Received
We know so far that Sonic's Backthrow KB was nerfed, along with fully charged spindash damage being nerfed to 7%
Sonic's backthrow was given to Mario

They should've given Pit/Dark Pit more end lag on smash attacks.
They also should've given Link some more end lag on his down smash.

Last edited:

MASTER719

Smash Apprentice
ZSS up tilt was definitely nerfed. It's slower starting up and doesn't "suck in" opponents like it used to.

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
Ness's Back Air had it's KB Reduced.
PK Fire end animation got increased endlag.
Ness's misgrab animation got more endlag.
Why did his PK Fire get more end lag?

Because those characters are somehow cheap and are in desperate need of nerfs?

I don't see why either of those characters need more end lag.
(Dark)Pit can kill super early with their forward smash, even if you roll behind them it's like a jab you can't escape.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
(Dark)Pit can kill super early with their forward smash, even if you roll behind them it's like a jab you can't escape.
The Pits are hardly broken, though, and it's not exactly like that attack is spamable.

It's not a bad thing for a character to have a powerful attack every now and then.

Last edited:

CaptainZer0dew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainZer0dew
3DS FC
1564-3473-0907
The Pits are hardly broken, though, and it's not exactly like that attack is spamable.

It's not a bad thing for a character to have a powerful attack every now and then.
I'm not saying it's bad, but if Ness' bat does 22% without being charged and has end lag (Same with Captain Falcon who does 19-20% uncharged and has a lot of end lag) then why can't the Pits if they do 20 or however much Dark Pit's does without it being charged.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm not saying it's bad, but if Ness' bat does 22% without being charged and has end lag (Same with Captain Falcon who does 19-20% uncharged and has a lot of end lag) then why can't the Pits if they do 20 or however much Dark Pit's does without it being charged.
Dark Pit does the same amount.

...Not every character is balanced the same. It's best not to look at the single move but to instead look at the character as a whole.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
That's a horrible way to look at balance.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Ness' bat also has more knockback and can reflect projectiles. It's deserving of the end lag and damage alone isn't the best way to look at things.

Last edited:

Bombchu Link

Banned via Administration
NNID
Arwing-Y
What I've found:

Toon link's Usmash hitboxes are bigger
Toon Link's Uair hitbox is smaller

Mario can't throw fireballs as fast? (only in the air??)

That's all so far.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Villagers recovery got nerfed. It is now significantly harder to recover with one balloon. Forgive me if this was already brought up
You're going to need to be more specific, popping a balloon always crippled the distance it would get (just good luck popping a balloon without hitting Villager to avoid resetting it).

viewtifulduck82

Smash Ace
NNID
Viewtifulduck82
3DS FC
4957-3557-2255
You're going to need to be more specific, popping a balloon always crippled the distance it would get (just good luck popping a balloon without hitting Villager to avoid resetting it).
As in, now no matter how hard you try, you just sink with one balloon, no upward movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom