• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, Sceptile, or Jigglypuff

So which one do you want?

• Sceptile

Votes: 39 20.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 71 37.4%
  • Mewtwo

Votes: 80 42.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Because I really liked the way she played? Because being a trolly jerk by dropping into the middle of three other characters who were beating the crap out of each other, using Rest, and waking up to find them all KO'd was a fantastic feeling?
That's another thing. I dont like much the fact that Jigglypuff only works because of one move that doesn't even make sense (I sleep on you so u die). I really hope they buffed Sing at least.

Having said, if you like Jigglypuff design/gameplay wise, that is just fine. But thinking she is a foot in because she was in the first Smash Bros. its something that I still don't believe. After all, I heard she was at the border of being cut since Melee and also in Brawl, but stayed thanks that she already has a moveset programmed and his model is very simple.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's another thing. I dont like much the fact that Jigglypuff only works because of one move that doesn't even make sense (I sleep on you so u die). I really hope they buffed Sing at least.

Having said, if you like Jigglypuff design/gameplay wise, that is just fine. But thinking she is a foot in because she was in the first Smash Bros. its something that I still don't believe. After all, I heard she was at the border of being cut since Melee and also in Brawl, but stayed thanks that she already has a moveset programmed and his model is very simple.
A move that "doesn't make sense"? Half of the moves in Smash don't make sense. They're still awesome.

And you can cripple a lot of fighters if you remove a key ability.

I don't think Jigglypuff is a shoo-in because she's in the past games, I think she's a shoo-in because a lot of people enjoyed her in the past games.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Came for Sceptile love, stayed for the Nephenee love and appreciation. Aw yeaaa, never liked so many posts so quickly.

And really, I think there should be an option for all three. Why would anyone not want all three?
Boo to all of you who don't respect the grass starters. Sure, we don't need the trio of starter types ... but it would be ****ing nice if we had it.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Came for Sceptile love, stayed for the Nephenee love. Aw yeaaa

And really, I think there should be an option for all three. Why would anyone not want all three?
Boo to all of you who don't respect the grass starters. Sure, we don't need the trio of starter types ... but it would be ****ing nice if we had it.
I've been wishing they'd get away from the trio of starters for a while now. I am honestly sick of Fire/Water/Grass EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. There are plenty of other type matchups in Pokémon. Move on, GameFreak.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I've been wishing they'd get away from the trio of starters for a while now. I am honestly sick of Fire/Water/Grass EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. There are plenty of other type matchups in Pokémon. Move on, GameFreak.
Pick Greninja. He's every type rolled into a tongue scarf. Solved.

(but I get your point. I think it'd be cool to have something like fighting, psychic and dark as starters, like actual starting types and not secondaries. They could even have it determine your character's personality! "In a fight, do you prefer to strengthen yourself to win, to outsmart your opponent, or to pick at their weaknesses?" ... but alas, gamefreak likes their traditions :\)

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
That's another thing. I dont like much the fact that Jigglypuff only works because of one move that doesn't even make sense (I sleep on you so u die).
She is easy to put in Smash, that helps her chances more than anything. I believe all the original 12 have a foot in. There's no reason to take any of them out. The original 12 very much laid out the foundation for most of the future characters in the series.

And Jigglypuff is fun to play as. Sure, the way Rest works doesn't make sense, but it's hilarious and awesome. A whole lot of other things in Smash don't entirely make sense either.

That'd be pretty cool. I don't really see a problem with keeping it that way, but a shake-up like that would be nice.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Pick Greninja. He's every type rolled into a tongue scarf. Solved.

(but I get your point. I think it'd be cool to have something like fighting, psychic and dark as starters, like actual starting types and not secondaries. They could even have it determine your character's personality! "In a fight, do you prefer to strengthen yourself to win, to outsmart your opponent, or to pick at their weaknesses?" ... but alas, gamefreak likes their traditions :\)
Everyone immediately jumps to that trio (which makes sense, they're awesome types). But there are plenty more options than that.

Water + Ground + Lightning, anyone?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Everyone immediately jumps to that trio (which makes sense, they're awesome types). But there are plenty more options than that.

Water + Ground + Lightning, anyone?
eeh ... too many water types as it is.

Fairy - Fighting - Steel is probably the coolest will-never-happen one I can think of.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
She is easy to put in Smash, that helps her chances more than anything. I believe all the original 12 have a foot in. There's no reason to take any of them out. The original 12 very much laid out the foundation for most of the future characters in the series.

And Jigglypuff is fun to play as. Sure, the way Rest works doesn't make sense, but it's hilarious and awesome. A whole lot of other things in Smash don't entirely make sense either.
A reason to take them out is to make way for newer and more popular characters. Like Lucas was planned to replace Ness in Smash Bros. Melee. The same could happen to Jigglypuff, like she could be replaced by more popular Pokemon, like Mewtwo right now. In the end, some characters only return because time constraints. And I believe Jiggs had this luck twice, but she might not have it this Smash.
Also now I'm thinking Jigglypuff needs a new upB overall because buffing Sing would give people free rests. I could think into this more, but this isn't the Jigglypuff thread.

So in conclusion: I vote Mewtwo because he is very popular now of those 3. Jiggs has his fans but I'm not one of them. She will probably come back if they need a quick last minute character (and they will). And she can come back if she wants to for all I care, because I'm never against more characters in my Smash games.
Sceptile? Well, he is cool. And I wouldn't mind either. But, enh...

(and I still have a little hope we could get Zoroark and Sakurai was a bit trollish in the Greninja trailer, "all the Pokemons in the trailer appear in Smash Bros. 4, but he never said how).

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
eeh ... too many water types as it is.

Fairy - Fighting - Steel is probably the coolest will-never-happen one I can think of.
Agreed, that one would also be awesome. I knew there was a Fairy/Steel trio, but I totally blanked on the Fighting part of it.

A reason to take them out is to make way for newer and more popular characters. Like Lucas was planned to replace Ness in Smash Bros. Melee. The same could happen to Jigglypuff, like she could be replaced by more popular Pokemon, like Mewtwo right now. In the end, some characters only return because time constraints. And I believe Jiggs had this luck twice, but she might not have it this Smash.
Also now I'm thinking Jigglypuff needs a new upB overall because buffing Sing would give people free rests. I could think into this more, but this isn't the Jigglypuff thread.

So in conclusion: I vote Mewtwo because he is very popular now of those 3. Jiggs has his fans but I'm not one of them. She will probably come back if they need a quick last minute character (and they will). And she can come back if she wants to for all I care, because I'm never against more characters in my Smash games.
Sceptile? Well, he is cool. And I wouldn't midn either. But, enh...

(and I still have a little hope we could get Zoroark and Sakurai was a bit trollish in the Greninja trailer, "all the Pokemons in the trailer appear in Smash Bros. 4, but he never said how).
The difference being that Lucas would just replace Ness. Same moveset and everything. Who would get Jigglypuff's moves?

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
For me, Jiggs and Mewtwo are almost guaranteed to be in.

Jiggs is a part of the original 12, a high skill veteran and a Melee favorite!

Mewtwo is one of the most demanded characters in game, and has been considered for every Smash so far, only to be left out due to technical limitations. It'd be a love letter to his legacy and popularity if he were to be in.

I don't think Sceptile will be in, and I don't specifically care either, Starter types have taken 5 of the current 8 Pokemon slots, and have always seemed more like fads than anything. I honestly think there are more deserving Pokemon, but that may just be me! Regardless, Sakurai said that he made the roster choice before hand, and since Pokemon X/Y was still in conceptual development, Sak would have to be psychic to have picked a Gen 3 starter.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace

Sceptile? Well, he is cool. And I wouldn't midn either. But, enh...

I doubt there's a popular and viable Pokemon with a similar playstyle that could take Jigglypuff's place. Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario was kinda weird, but they were kinda similar in certain ways, but definitely not entirely. Lucas almost replacing Ness isn't really applicable here as they are two very similar characters right down to their moveset.

I mean, by now, there are three really big Smash games. That isn't a lot, but I think the original 12 are here stay.

As for Zoroark, that's kinda hard to say. He'd be a Gen V rep, and we're currently at Gen VI. Lucario was introduced during Gen IV. He's popular, but not as much as many others. I don't know, I'm not entirely supportive of his inclusion.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
The difference being that Lucas would just replace Ness. Same moveset and everything. Who would get Jigglypuff's moves?
Reusing the moveset from Jigglypuff was not the idea I was going for. Its around the scenario were Sakurai can put one more Pokemon in the game, either a newcomer with new moveset or a veteran.

I doubt there's a popular and viable Pokemon with a similar playstyle that could take Jigglypuff's place. Mewtwo being replaced by Lucario was kinda weird, but they were kinda similar in certain ways, but definitely not entirely. Lucas almost replacing Ness isn't really applicable here as they are two very similar characters right down to their moveset.

I mean, by now, there are three really big Smash games. That isn't a lot, but I think the original 12 are here stay.

As for Zoroark, that's kinda hard to say. He'd be a Gen V rep, and we're currently at Gen VI. Lucario was introduced during Gen IV. He's popular, but not as much as many others. I don't know, I'm not entirely supportive of his inclusion.
It is true that Jigglypuff offers a playstyle that anyone of the popular Pokemon can replicate. Unlike Lucario who was able to work with a Mewtwoish moveset. And the original 12 theory its something I'll accept the moment it happens.
And Zoroark was a strong choice in its time. But of course, we are in Gen VI now. I just want him because he would be a surprise after his pseudo-deconfirmation in the Greninja trailer. Actually, he could work like a heavier clone of Lucario.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Reusing the moveset from Jigglypuff was not the idea I was going for. Its around the scenario were Sakurai can put one more Pokemon in the game, either a newcomer with new moveset or a veteran.
Really? That's the example you used. And you notice, both Ness and Lucas got in. Why? Because there isn't some magical "only so many slots" number on the roster. Jigglypuff isn't "keeping anyone out". Jigglypuff is just being Jigglypuff.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I would like to direct anyone who said 'Sceptile ONLY completes the type trinity trinity' to my post in the first page. I think one of the biggest things we can say is that if Greninja was added 'becase he looks cool,' then just about anything Sceptile has to offer is about ten lightyear's ahead of that. If anything, GRENINJA was added to complete the type triangle. 'COOL LOOKING NINJA' was not a niche that needed to be filled in the roster, Sakurai looks for originality, and Greninja offered absolutely nothing original.
If you concede that this, along with Game Freak pushing it, made it an option, then again, we are back to gen three remakes leading to Sceptile!

There's also not been a single Smash game where we have only gotten one new Pokemon character.

Zoroark :T... he is the Ridley of Pokemon newcomers (because he is not fully deconfirmed just yet)..
I am the biggest proponent that Sakurai needs to flat out disconfirm a character for them to be considered out of the game. Trophies, allusions, etc. do not count. I even believe that a Pokeball or AT will potentially be upgraded.

Yet Zoroark is not in the same boat as Ridley. He was used by name as a Pokeball.... unless he IS upgraded later, he is a Pokeball he is confirmed as what he is, flat out shown.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Really? That's the example you used. And you notice, both Ness and Lucas got in. Why? Because there isn't some magical "only so many slots" number on the roster. Jigglypuff isn't "keeping anyone out". Jigglypuff is just being Jigglypuff.
People need to realize this. Sakurai isn't going to sit there and think "Hm, Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? Shucks, we just can't have both because... well reasons I guess. Goodbye Mewtwo." Each Pokémon still has to make it in based on their own merits, it's no character's fault that Mewtwo was left out of Brawl, Mewtwo was a very unpopular character so he was seemingly judged to not be of high priority.

MrOzzyboy

Smash Rookie
While I do think that the other two have a greater chance of being included, I also think that Sceptile would be the best choice for a Pokemon newcomer (should we get a second one).

When picking a newcomer, recency plays an important factor. Who would care for a random first generation Pokemon if they opted to include one all of the sudden? With Pokemon, no one of them is really more important than any other (except for Pikachu maybe, but he is already in the game). A newcomer from the sixth generation would therefore make the most sense.
Greninja is proof for this, as he was choosen simply as a rep for X & Y, and not because he is popular since we know that he was choosen long before the games came out. So should we get another Pokemon newcomer (which I don't really think will happen) it would most likely either be another Pokemon from X & Y or one that represents OR & AS.

Now most people would say that Sceptile has no chance, simply because the remakes aren't even out yet. However, for Sceptile to be chosen the games wouldn't need to be finished, as is proven by Greninja. In fact, as long as Nintendo/Gamefreak had the idea for making remakes of Hoenn before the Smash 4 roster was decided he would still have a shot since. Since the original games have been out for years Sakurai wouldn't have to wait for Gamefreak to finish the character first, and even if he did have to, that didn't stop him with Greninja.

The only remaining question would be: why him? Wynaut any of the other Hoenn Pokemon? To cut it short: besides legendaries, the starter Pokemon are always among the most popular Pokemon from their respective generations (they are the first Pokemon you get after all). Swampert would be hard to implement due to being quadrupedal (not impossible, but it definately hinders his chances). Blaziken on the other hand would be easy to translate into Smash Bros and is also really popular. However, while there is no rule for there to be starters of all three types like many already have pointed out, one thing that would helpt Sceptile to get in over Blaziken is his potential to be more unique. Blaziken is Fire/Fighting, and we already have Pokemon of both of these types in Smash, but we don't have any Grass Pokemon yet, which could set Sceptile apart from the others.

Again, I don't actually belive that we will get him. It would be possible, since even with Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Sceptile we would only sit at seven Pokemon characters, which is only one more than we had in Brawl, and since Fire Emblem also got two new characters (although one is a clone), but I don't belive it is very likely. Sakurai simply might not feel the need to add another Pokemon, and even if he did, with 719 possible choices, there is no guarantee that Sceptile is even on his radar.
On a side note, I do think we will get Jigglypuff back, and Mewtwo has a decent chance as well, though I don't think he is as certain as some people say.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
People need to realize this. Sakurai isn't going to sit there and think "Hm, Jigglypuff or Mewtwo? Shucks, we just can't have both because... well reasons I guess. Goodbye Mewtwo." Each Pokémon still has to make it in based on their own merits, it's no character's fault that Mewtwo was left out of Brawl, Mewtwo was a very unpopular character so he was seemingly judged to not be of high priority.
Mewtwo wasn't popular? I mean, I only remember people mourning his exclusion during the Brawl days...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Mewtwo wasn't popular? I mean, I only remember people mourning his exclusion during the Brawl days...
Mewtwo was joked with very often because he was so bad in Melee, during the pre-Brawl days he was considered by far the worst character in Melee:

Many big Pokémon sites also wanted him to be cut, namely Serebii who were leading the movement. Why? Because if Mewtwo couldn't be the best character in the game they didn't want him in basically, plus they wanted him replaced with newer Pokémon like Lucario. Yes, Mewtwo being cut wasn't a popular move, but he had a lot of detractors too, cutting Mewtwo wasn't nearly as criticized as the inclusion of R.O.B and the exclusion of Ridley, Krystal and Geno. Luckily people are much more flexible today, so Mewtwo being cut is a much bigger deal today than it was even back then.

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I am the biggest proponent that Sakurai needs to flat out disconfirm a character for them to be considered out of the game. Trophies, allusions, etc. do not count. I even believe that a Pokeball or AT will potentially be upgraded.

Yet Zoroark is not in the same boat as Ridley. He was used by name as a Pokeball.... unless he IS upgraded later, he is a Pokeball he is confirmed as what he is, flat out shown.
Sakurai said in the Meloetta post "Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros!". Never specified if as a poke ball Pokemon or stage hazard or whatever. And its curious how the only Pokemon in that trailer who haven't appeared in the demo or pictures yet are Zoroark and Swirlix (Swirlix confirmed). Of course he is not in the same level as Ridley, but I still think there is some mystery around this like there it is around Ridley.

Morbi

Scavenger
I want all three, but I am certain that we will only get Jigglypuff or Mewtwo on the final roster. My heart could not take deciding which of the two to vote for, I just chose Mewtwo to; hypothetically speaking, make the largest amount of people happy.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Sceptile can GTFO of the game, he doesn't belong, Mewtwo can be in it alongside Jigglypuff but not over her, Jigglypuff has priority sorry you missed your chances Mewtwo, I want Jigglypuff cuz she's a staple in Smash, has been in all 3 past games and she's an original, the other 2 Pokemon just can't compare.

Though Mewtwo fans like to pretend he has more of a chance than she does.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Of all of them , I would want Jiggs to return simply because I like her. Mewtwo I don't necessarily care about, but if Mewtwo + Jiggs are in, that's 2/3 of the roster that is Gen I. It would be better then Brawl, but that's still completely inundated with Gen I. I'm gonna get flak from people here, but Sceptile is irrelevant. Don't get me wrong, ORAS is coming up soon, but I feel the only reason why Sceptile is even brought up is to complete the "fire-water-grass triangle", which I realized a while ago is pointless and isn't going to happen. Plus, Sceptile is nowhere near the most popular Gen III Pokemon. It's not even the most popular starter, some even have it as the least. If there's any Gen III character, I don't even think it's a contest that it's Blaziken. The only other options are Aggron and Gardevoir. I simply don't understand Sceptile's popularity.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, not entirely.
Pokemon is easily the most competitive franchise.
While it is true no two characters go head-to-head for the slot, it is easy to tell that just adding every 'viable option' would over saturate the playing field, and thusly, that continuing to keep Jigglypuff in does in fact take over a necessary Pokemon spot that could be better utilized for someone of the series, rather than just a 'Smash icon.'

What I had explained to user John Knight before was that, as a move set, Jigglypuff is amazing. As an intellectual Property, she is complete ****.

That'd be pretty cool. I don't really see a problem with keeping it that way, but a shake-up like that would be nice.
I don't think Jigglypuff is a shoo-in because she's in the past games, I think she's a shoo-in because a lot of people enjoyed her in the past games.
That is why I suggest giving her move set to another character; keep her playstyle, but give her a spiritual successor. My option is King Boo, but that is mostly because I like him. He is floaty, could Charge to fit her rollout, scare to fit her Rest, and become intangible in place of her singing.
This is just one suggestion, but the idea is more to give her playstyle over to someone else, because, again, as an IP, she has run her course, even if her move set has not.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Between Mewtwo or Jigglypuff, both of them should be in IMO as both are likeable characters with a history in this series. Sceptile, while I like the character, I honestly don't really agree with him. The elemental trio has been touched on, so I'll ignore that point, as for ORAS promotion, we don't know will get any and there's reason to believe that they could go for other characters over him considering he's not the most popular or prominent in those games (much less, the series at large). He's a character I don't feel has strong enough merits, and the ones he does has are easily argued against, so I'm not really behind him.

Of the three, Jigglypuff contributes the most visual variety to the playable Pokémon and is simply one of the most known and adored Pokémon, despite being an early-game punching bag.

I don't think Sceptile will be playable.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, not entirely.
Pokemon is easily the most competitive franchise.
While it is true no two characters go head-to-head for the slot, it is easy to tell that just adding every 'viable option' would over saturate the playing field, and thusly, that continuing to keep Jigglypuff in does in fact take over a necessary Pokemon spot that could be better utilized for someone of the series, rather than just a 'Smash icon.'

What I had explained to user John Knight before was that, as a move set, Jigglypuff is amazing. As an intellectual Property, she is complete ****.

That is why I suggest giving her move set to another character; keep her playstyle, but give her a spiritual successor. My option is King Boo, but that is mostly because I like him. He is floaty, could Charge to fit her rollout, scare to fit her Rest, and become intangible in place of her singing.
This is just one suggestion, but the idea is more to give her playstyle over to someone else, because, again, as an IP, she has run her course, even if her move set has not.
There would be a ton of completely unnecessary outrage if that change was made. A lot of people would be unhappy with losing Jigglypuff, especially if she was outright replaced by a clone knock off.

It's also entirely pointless. Give her moveset to King Boo. Then realize that you just have to reskin your "new" King Boo and you have another character, and one which would please fans who want her in.

If you're putting her moveset in, there is literally no valid reason to leave her out. The character slots are not that tight, and the data and balance is not that unmanageable for clones.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff jiggles my fancy.

Every Smash Bros. has Jiggle physics.

I digs the Jiggs.

Smash having Jiggle physics once more would Jiggle my fancy, I certainly would dig for Jiggs to be in this game.

Last edited:

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'd say Mewtwo. Mewtwo just seems like the most important and iconic Pokemon of the three.
It was really quite a shame that Mewtwo got cut.

ShrekItRalph

Smash Ace
The smasher comes from the bottom of the arena
Since the Smash community can't decide which of the 3 Sakurai should put in, he shouldn't put any of them in but put in Hawlucha instead.

But between the 3, Jigglypuff I feel offers more variety in play styles for the Pokemon reps and I just like her more than the other two. Plus she is one of the original 12 and it would feel wrong if she was cut. I would be okay with both Jig's and Mewtwo though.
Sceptile can go burn in some super effective fire.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Mega Sceptile doesn't suffer from weakness to fire.

HA! Burn ... not!

But seriously though, it's perfectly easy to express your view without hating on a character other people like. Example:
- "not a fan of [insert pokemon]"

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
I chose Jiggs because, like a few other people said, it would feel wrong if she was not in 4.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
I think both Mewtwo and Jiggs have very strong shots alone or together. Sceptile was actually the very first starter Pokemon I ever had and I wouldn't complain at him in but I feel he has very little chance - his support seems to be a very recent thing and not even for him as a character, but because he is the most anatomically suitable grass type starter to complete the proposed type triangle. The RS remakes have happened to given him more popularity to the point I feel some people take him seriously now but I still don't honestly believe he's got a realistic shot at the game.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Mega Sceptile doesn't suffer from weakness to fire.

HA! Burn ... not!

But seriously though, it's perfectly easy to express your view without hating on a character other people like. Example:
- "not a fan of [insert pokemon]"
It's totally fine to hate a character people like. You're not directing your hate at a real person. Just be sure the hate isn't out of place.

Am I offended when people hate on some of my favorite characters? No. I do get irked when they go out of their way and talk about who or what they hate more than talking about which characters they love. That type of negativity isn't appreciated, but sometimes it's okay to talk about what you hate.

Last edited:

SuicidalYoshi

Smash Rookie
NNID
SirZeldaNerd
If I had to choose 1, then Jigglypuff. I don't think they'll ever replace her. She's a part of the original 12.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Jigglypuff isn't going anywhere. I don't understand why people want her removed. Japan loves their Purrin and she represents the fairy typing and is part of the original 12. She has plenty keeping her in the game.

Mewtwo I shall continue to hope makes his return. His recent promotion by game freak through the movie and with the new Mega evolutions makes sense for him to return. Also the limitations holding him back (SSE) aren't in SSB4. Plus that Greninja trailer seemed like it was just one big tease for Mewtwo (or maybe I'm reading too into it, wishful thinking?). With the fan demand and all these other factors I'd say Mewtwo has a pretty good shot at coming back and being the final Pokemon Rep.

Sceptile, as cool as he is I don't really see being in. ORAS is coming out sure, but Ruby and Sapphire got snubbed for a rep last time. Seems SSB4 will be focusing more on X and Y for Pokemon games and not ORAS. Though I could be very wrong. If it wasn't for Charizard and Lucario I'd say Blaziken has a better shot than Sceptile. I also don't know where this whole type triangle thing comes from, well Pokemon Trainer I guess. I don't think Sakurai really cares about that though honestly. He just adds pokemon based on what he thinks would be an interesting character and what Game Freak/ Nintendo want to promote. That all being said, Sceptile is my favorite Grass pokemon so if he gets in I will be very happy.

Sadly I don't see Ivysaur, Squirtle or Pichu making a comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom