• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo/Villager confirmed new Pika/G&W

Uffe

Smash Hero
I think most people figured this out yesterday. I know I did, simply because I had a match between a Mewtwo and my Mewtwo reflecting it back at one another and that's when I thought how good this could be with Villager. Mewtwo's reflector obviously ups the attack damage, just as it does with Fox and Falco's reflector. When Villager pockets projectile, it's stronger. I don't think this was overlooked by Sakurai and Co. I sure hope they don't nerf the hell out of Shadow Ball in future patches because of this.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
Fully charged snaring aura sphere from pocket kills at 0% upon sending it out and they didn't do anything to it. Probably not going to modify this either, and if they do they won't do it by nerfing Shadow Ball.

Maple42

Smash Apprentice
Pocket + Strong Projectile is nothing new; if the opposing team is even a little knowledgeable of doubles, it will be easily seen through.

Spirst

not sure why this was compared to pika+gw....
Back on early 3DS days, Pikachu could thunder and fill up the bucket for a OHKO move (at least I think it was. If not, close enough). This is similar in that one partner absorbs a projectile then uses it for dumb stuff.

Last edited:

link2702

Smash Champion
Back on early 3DS days, Pikachu could thunder and fill up the bucket for a OHKO move (at least I think it was. If not, close enough). This is similar in that one partner absorbs a projectile then uses it for dumb stuff.
I know that.

But this isn't exactly the same situation. After all everyone knows M2 has a strong projectile as well as a reflector, and villager can pocket it. This is something an opposing team will see coming, and it requires there to be a decent amount of space between villager and mew2 in order for mewtwo to be able to reflect it back reliably in order to set it up to be the OHKO.

I just don't think this one will really be on the level of pika/gw. pika/gw was quick and thunder filled the bucket in one hit, and they only had to be next to each other. They didn't have to have a whole lot of space between each other to set up the bucket.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
This video taught me that apparently if you match up mewtwo with villager you find where you can purchase meme run for the wii u nowadays...

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well it does OHKO most characters even when it isn't reflected, it just needs to get pocketed once. Also every single character dies at 0% from easy throw team combos with this team if Villager has a SB pocketed.
Unlike most characters, this team can actually bounce it back and forth infinitely due to pocket apparently never getting beaten (After 2 bounces Shadow ball normally ignores reflectors for some reason).

As for the silly memes... well this tactic is super dumb so we made a super dumb video for it XD

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Do we know how much this stacks? I played some for glory yesterday and played a mewtwo ditto and killed a mewtwo with one
fully charged Shadow ball. I fired it, he reflected it and i reflected it again - boom a 0% 1 hit KO... was pretty redonk since i just finnished him off a couple of seconds before with a dairspike. :yeahboi:

Top Bottom