• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MGC Championship Vegas 2010

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'd still like to know why it apparently took 2 years to finish. Did the qualifiers go on for that long? :laugh:

:069:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol no its been going on since like may or june or something.

This is MGC's third year, they do a new circuit type thing or series every year.

The first year was Melee and had a normal finals, last year was Brawl but had no finals, this year was Brawl and had a finals.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
chibo vs mike
r1 rob vs marth
chibo wins last stock 170%

r2 same thing mike wins i forget by how much

r3 luigi mansion
mike is winning 2 stock 0 to chibos 1 stock 0. mike accidentally pauses within 1/2 of a second after dying/exploding off the right side of the screen. Chibo makes a big deal of it, and gets the official rules. Mike is forced to lose a stock for no good reason and then they redo a match 1 stock vs 1 stock with a 2 min timer and chibo wins by time by like 10 percent or something.

lee beat mike with i think diddy and toon link? TL was 2 stock high % but the set was 2-1 and I forget who else Lee used. I didn't watch it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
that ending is false, all mike did was lose a stock and the match continued, just like it would happen at any other tourney. there was 1.5 min left on the clock. i made an immediate lead (since i knew he would just rush in and nado so i prepared to beat it). i would have won by a larger amount except my controller at one point got my hit off stage which lead to me getting hit by like 3 more attacks or so. then at the end i didnt mind eating an attack or two since I knew I won
and this is all after haze tried to get me dq'd for "ledge stalling" after game 1 lol

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
my ddds better than my mk

i jumped off the stratosphere

DQs and pause rules are gay and need to be changed
Lol

No matter how little I come here I still manage to see you post like a F@GGOT (like chibo o.-) every time I come back.

Oh and M2K likes man P3NIS'S.
Also, Inui takes it in the bum from black people on the regular. Like, buttsecks is Inui's cup of coffee in the morning, without it he's just wicked edgy all day ya know?
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
mikehaze didnt try to DQ you for ledge stalling

he said to the ref to watch out for the next match for ledge stalling. and I agree that you shouldn't get DQed for ledge stalling without going over the limit/ruleset (which didnt happen anyway) so I will agree with you there, but I do not support you making mike lose a stock for a pause that didn't affect anything in the match and that's the only reason you won that match. It's just an honor thing. I wouldn't have done it. You can do what you want, but it won't get you respect from people it will just get you cheap wins.

he lost a stock for no reason and that's gay no matter how you look at it. It's just abusing dumb rules.

owm - that was pretty uncalled for. You're fat and you look like a blimp.

RATED

Smash Lord
There should just be a new official rule. Turn pause off.

Simple as that
and what happens if one player's controller at the moment of the match, breaks or something like that? I could have 38 controllers in my backpack but if that happens I still have to stop the match and switch controller and if I am playing wario or against wario they could charge the waft.

that's one situation for example.

The pause rule should be IMO : If a player pauses the game in a game breaking( CG, gimp or something like that), there should be a "judge" or something like that that judges if the situation is worthy of losing the stock or something like that.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Goddang chibo and cheese going for those technical wins, the tristate knock out. I dont see why theyd be surprised that people would look down on them for it. If youre going to try and win at any cost, then accept the consequences of how youll be viewed by the community. Not sure if its coincidence but Hugs just made a blog about this:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90378

What happened in grand finals? And how did the second fatal vs m2k set go?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Goddang chibo and cheese going for those technical wins, the tristate knock out. I dont see why theyd be surprised that people would look down on them for it. If youre going to try and win at any cost, then accept the consequences of how youll be viewed by the community. Not sure if its coincidence but Hugs just made a blog about this:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=90378

What happened in grand finals? And how did the second fatal vs m2k set go?
What Hugs posted there was extremely debatable and opinionated imo. You can see that as you read the comments of it with multiple people disagreeing imediately. I find some aspects of it correct though.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Just letting you all know, Chibo is going to be talking about what happened on this week's episode of Directional Influence if you all want to get his side of it.

Shameless plug, but actually if you want to hear what happened from Chibo, that's when he'll be doing it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That is correct, we will be discussing how it effects vVv on the Losers Bracket tomorrow and then the entire unplugged story and how it effects the Smash community on DI on Wednesday.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
M2K used D3 again? This should happen more often. And there should be vids :)

Good stuff Ally, way to be back on top.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
link to this directional influence ish please?
www.vvvgaming.podbean.com

All our episodes are there if you want to listen. We have a Facebook page, too, if you search Directional Influence you'll find that. We got a cool logo. xD

But yeah, that's what's gonna go down.

EDIT: And to clarify, the shows release on Thursday and Friday. The Loser's Bracket, which will be more vVv related in terms of what happened and will feature both myself and Chibo, will be released on Thursday. My show, DI, which always has Will and Punishment Divine as my co-hosts, will be joined by Chibo to talk about MGC and will be released on Friday.

Also Doom may be there. Because he's legit.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
What Hugs posted there was extremely debatable and opinionated imo. You can see that as you read the comments of it with multiple people disagreeing imediately. I find some aspects of it correct though.
The only people who disagreed were the ones who mistook him to say playing gay was bad. Winning off of pauses, stealing wallets, looking at someones controller is beyond the scope of 'play to win'.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Just letting you all know, Chibo is going to be talking about what happened on this week's episode of Directional Influence if you all want to get his side of it.

Shameless plug, but actually if you want to hear what happened from Chibo, that's when he'll be doing it.
Can someone just copy and paste it , why is it have to keep hidden?

CR4SH

Smash Lord
How bout Haze got money and neither me nor Cheese did, and Lee made more than Fatal. Appropriate payouts, right?
Did the tournament pay people like that? Thats not what I heard.

They had an agreement beforehand. Don't get your ****** all sandy cause you're not considered a threat.

HugS™

Smash Lord
TagXy - Haha, that blog's topic was no coincidence. I was receiving up to the minute updates from Mimi as it was going on. So I knew about most every incident.

This type of crap has happened before, but I guess this tournament finally made me write about it. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. I'm even more glad that Ally and M2k ended up winning it, and winning it clean at that.

Top Bottom