• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michael falco guide

G.I._JOE

Smash Journeyman

Approaching​

Dair = your bread and butter **** move, ALL your combos with dair will connect e.g. dair dair dair dair techchase dair

Nair = a move you use when your opponent shield grabs you too much or you feel like a wuss and untechnical that day

Why does this n00b keep grabbing me
  1. Fail to Lcancel dairs
  2. Didn't fast fall dairs
  3. Didn't do the above dairs
  4. Early dairs

Defence

Multi/quintripulategoogoplexshines
Shine grabs
Spacing your stuff (comes with experience)
DownB
Spotdodging into fast moves like downb, downtilt, grab, wavedash
Shine or ariel out of shield

How to practice **** combos?

• Go on Fountain of Dreams with falco vs lvl 5 cpus like marth, falcon, ganon, fox, falco, samus, peach
  • Play your fastest
  • Play your most technical
  • IF you don't know what move to use during combos, just dair
  • Practice more against people you can beat so that you are able to focus on comboing

The outcome
  • Lcancel consistency on any platform height
  • Able to laser at ridiculously low heights
  • Can do waveshine turnarounds and multishines
  • Player gets addicted to combos
  • Learns the very basic edgeguards which serves as a base to higher lvl edgeguards later on
  • doesn't stop ****** until opponents dead
  • damages self esteem eg. gets very angry if shieldgrabbed, fails to combo or misses Lcancel
  • Will love FoD and use it as a counter pick against opponents

Extra stuff:

You know that situation where you and your opponent stand next to each other shielding? Well if you plan to dair him make sure its a late dair because most inexperienced falco players just do an early dair and get grabbed for it.

Throwing opponents off the stage with grabs and lasering their jump creates so much pressure and easy kills sometimes

When you fight falco/fox sometimes they don't phantasm sweet spot so punish them for missing it. Make sure they lose a stock for it.

Upthrow backair/nair to fish for high % kills; they don't DI, they die or edgeguard opportunity.

vids of everything applied

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuxIvrkuGzQ

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I've been looking for a good Falco guide for a while. I seen these ones made by some Dr.PP and Mogwai guys, but they didn't really help.

Top Bottom