• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ayo the Ori_:ganonmelee: strikes again.

Zyth and Warlock-Don were hit by my Up Tilt simultaneously in a teams match this evening. Also, Hellsing and I did a successful team combo that ended in a Up Tilt hit as well.

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
ayo the ori_:ganonmelee: Strikes again.

Zyth and warlock-don were hit by my up tilt simultaneously in a teams match this evening. Also, hellsing and i did a successful team combo that ended in a up tilt hit as well.
also, hellsing and i did a successful team combo that ended in a up tilt hit as well.
hellsing and i did a successful team combo
... >_> ...

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
He did manage to wall tech a wizard kick spike on Yoshi's Story.

Also Juggle I do not understand.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
rob what is this I hear that you want josh to have another smashfest? Are you that eager to come over here and lose all 4 matches? My falco is at an all time high thanks to dope

Soloist

Smash Ace
Can we save this for PR and player related discussion only? All idle melee discussion should be taking place here. We don't need two threads of the same kind, and should keep the more important one a little tidier.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Andy, not only am I gonna extend my 1-set winning streak vs your Fox and Falco, I will start a new winning streak vs your Falcon in the ditto. Only character I concede to is your Marth, since I'm 0-lifetime vs him :c

Just let me know when the next big EL Smashfest is and I'll probably be there... I heard Dope is out of town for a couple weeks so you guys should host one right after he comes back. Gotta take his money too :bee:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Can we save this for PR and player related discussion only? All idle melee discussion should be taking place here. We don't need two threads of the same kind, and should keep the more important one a little tidier.
Whoops, I thought this was the social :L

tm

Smash Ace
Hey, a newbie here, (sorry if this is dumb/ the wrong place to post/ I'm being an idiot/ whatever)
I (and potentially a few friends) are looking to get into the competitive melee scene (right when the game gets popular, I know), but we're in Toledo, OH area, and for as far as I've searched, there's no competitive community to speak of.

If possible, I'd like to try to get in with some smashfests with you guys (being the next closest area) although it wouldn't be awfully frequently. It looks like you guys may or may not post more than a day or two ahead of time, but any direction would be helpful, from anyone in-the-know or just cares.

Soloist

Smash Ace
Yes he does, but I don't think he rolls with rest of the Toledo crew. (For whatever reason)

tmtmny: It looks like you've found the Toledo thread. Good. I'm sure you will able to set something up over there, as I believe those guys still get together on a somewhat regular basis.

Players in that area (Louis, Qwaa, Dr. D, and Q to name a few) have even been known to come up to Michigan for smashfests and tournaments.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@tmtmny: We even included the Toledo guys in our MI Melee Player Directory just because they're so close to here. And because they're bosses.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Hey what's up Michigan. Just dropping in to say that it looks like I may be stopping by your wonderful state to visit some relatives for 2 weeks from July 1st -14th. I'll be in Lansing for at least a few days and then I may be going farther up north. Either way it'd be really cool if I could play some of you guys while I'm there. I love meeting/getting to play new people and I don't travel much so that happens rarely. So yeah... smashfest and/or tournament sometime during that time frame would be super awesome.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Hey what's up Michigan. Just dropping in to say that it looks like I may be stopping by your wonderful state to visit some relatives for 2 weeks from July 1st -14th. I'll be in Lansing for at least a few days and then I may be going farther up north. Either way it'd be really cool if I could play some of you guys while I'm there. I love meeting/getting to play new people and I don't travel much so that happens rarely. So yeah... smashfest and/or tournament sometime during that time frame would be super awesome.
For sure get a hold of me via PM or somethin come closer to the time you're here and I'll try to throw a smashfest with dope shady and whoever else

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Cool, thanks guys. Maybe see you around soon enough
I'm hosting a large Smashfest in AA on May 12th. I'll have more details by tomorrow, hope you can make it.

What's up GKInfinity. I'm not in Lansing but there is a good scene up there, as Tremor pointed out, and I'd definitely make the drive if there's a Smashfest while you're here. Gotta get my NorCal practice in.

kd-

Smash Lord
I thought you'd like that ;]

But at the smashfest, just do a $2 tourney - $1 for singles and $1 for doubles or something. Make it a big smashfest and have enough people to do it, like we shoulda did during that big masonfest where the Daily came out and did a report on it. A bunch of us were ready to do a $1 tourney and I had my laptop, I just didn't know what Tio was that early in my smash career.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I think we were going to run a $2 singles tourney but nobody had dollar bills and nobody had change. Same thing happened at Smash for Safehouse with the reverse mains tourney.

Top Bottom