• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I do find it interesting that Trisscar was targeted over Xivii. Makes me think its the rolecop really.

I'm VT too Chaco

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright so there’s 6, with Z25 claim.

Waiting for the Mala VT claim also, and then we have Laser.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Laser is the only one that could cc unless Ex revokes his claim.

Z, Xivii is almost definitely mason. I don't think he ever wanted to draw the NK. Scum is almost never going to kill a chocolate claim n1. He revokes it d2 so no one kills him because he's causing chaos. He claims tracker d3 in hopes of saving the real tracker. I think in hindsight his play makes a lot of sense knowing his true role. Still kind of whack, but I think the motivations are fairly easily seen

Chaco

Never Logs In
It’s erratic, but it fits. Not exactly the play choices I would have gone for, but I’m not arguing unless there’s a CC, which I doubt we will see at this point.

Okay, Xivii, where’s your head at this moment?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Agreed. Xivii simply has no motivation as scum to do any of this. He was already sailing clear, no need to claim mason here and potentially got CC'd when I doubt a yeet would go onto him anyway.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t think DP is scum unless he’s the towniest scum that ever played. If so GG cause you nailed it.

Z25 has carried most suspicion from confirmed town, I believe, that are dead now.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Triss attacking me due to continued push on Xivii makes sense from yesterDay.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii post all targets for you and Triss in which nights and why please.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Laser is the only one that could cc unless Ex revokes his claim.

Z, Xivii is almost definitely mason. I don't think he ever wanted to draw the NK. Scum is almost never going to kill a chocolate claim n1. He revokes it d2 so no one kills him because he's causing chaos. He claims tracker d3 in hopes of saving the real tracker. I think in hindsight his play makes a lot of sense knowing his true role. Still kind of whack, but I think the motivations are fairly easily seen
If he was a town pr I can’t fathom why he wants to die so much.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m pretty comfortable with a Laser push from this moment though, seeing how claims and such go.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
If he was a town pr I can’t fathom why he wants to die so much.
When did he want to die, unless you're referring to yesterDay, when he wanted to die because he's a pretty weak PR, in favor of our only truly strong PR. I think it's pretty clear that he didn't want to die n1 or n2

Chaco

Never Logs In
Confirmed town head space; it’s basically confirmed reads at that point. And Triss was very absent D3, so it allows us a look their slot. Who they were wining target, why, etc. Withholding is pointless imo, so I don’t really see your reluctance.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I don't remember being asked about a fast night? And it doesn't pop up in the ISO.

I believe that was a test and you passed? it was probably something that was just asked in power role chats. Unless I just missed it and wasn't searching for the right thing lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When did he want to die, unless you're referring to yesterDay, when he wanted to die because he's a pretty weak PR, in favor of our only truly strong PR. I think it's pretty clear that he didn't want to die n1 or n2
He claimed to want to bait the night kill. That’s wanting to die.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Ohhh yeah. I'm pretty sure that was a lie to validate his chocolate claim? None of his actions seemed to actually be baiting the night kill. I'll admit that he's definitely an enigma, but he's an enigma that I'm inclined trust, especially with no cc

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That was a lie. My best (and perhaps only) skill in mafia is avoiding or drawing the night kill when need be. I claimed Chocolate D1 because it's not a role scum would target. I retracted D2 because scum would have realized by that point that I was lying and that if I was lying I was likely doing so because I was a PR trying to avoid the night kill.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay yeah I didn’t know what he was asking at first. Makes sense. Forever another trick.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
DP is one smart cookie.
:)

...maybe I'm being pocketed :surprised:

Real talk, I think Z rn comes off more as townie paranoia. Scum wouldn't question a mason claim and then not cc, right? Whereas town is more likely to pick every little thing apart, even things very likely to be true, because they have less information

I think that if there's a traitor, they might cc to attempt to win from a mislynch. Otherwise, I think Xivii just dies toNight and we try to go from there lol. I don't expect Laser to counter, but ig it's a possibility

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Night 1
Voy Laser No Visit
Tracked Mala to NSG (sight I've used up all my gambit credit). Tracked Jackrito No Visit.

Night 2
Voy Z25 No Visit
Tracked ExLight No Visit

Night 3
Voy DP No Visit
Track Chaco

Triss' strongest scum read was Chaco followed by Z25.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Like I said that’s understandable from my play to your slot. Makes sense why Triss would be suss of me with your in masonry

Chaco

Never Logs In
Or you did and Fonti didn’t visit laser? Confused about that result.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Agreed, Z is town unless Laser CCs.
How?

If your suggesting a mate, we’ve both been scum reading each other. I’d be a little surprised if he counter claims but if he is scum then maybe he tries.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I'm VT. Xivii is fine unless someone is gamethrowing.

Laser that #2065-#2075 virtually makes Chaco an IC. I don't see how you could have been sitting on that and still have him as a part of your solve?
I don't see it as that strong of a Towntell. It gave me a townie impression, but Chaco was under a lot of pressure at the time and #2072 in particular gave me the vibe that this could be premeditated.

I'm also interested in your response to the discrepancy in your Z25 read.
I've been going back and forth on z25 for awhile. I'm balancing the fact that there's a lot about the slot that I don't care for with the fact that I'm reasonably confident that 3DS should not have behaved as he did if he had buddies. z25 is probably only mafia if Malakandra also is at this point... I think everyone else surviving was pretty active in the early stages of D1 and probably would have tried to help 3DS out.

What was the purpose of this question?
Partly it was to make sure I understood your meta correctly. Part of it was I wanted to try to figure out if z25 understood your meta correctly in #2223, which is a very strange post that even on reread I still don't quite understand what he was driving at.

LaserGuy LaserGuy why do you say Rajam and I are unlikely buddies, then respond to Xivii saying: "Mala/Raj > Chaco wins it" with this feels right?
I thought that the most like scum team was Rajam/Chaco. Barring that, I liked Xivii's case on you and thought there was a decent chance you could be mafia, if not necessarily with Rajam.

I'd be down for yeeting laser, but only if the deadline is extended. I'm not executing someone that doesn't have a chance to respond.
Very tentative lmao. I wish Mala or Laser were here, I'm hesitant to yeet someone who can't defend themselves or claim
For future reference, I wouldn't have had a problem with you doing this. You don't need to bend over backward to accommodate me.

I asked you before it you were playing to a specific meta and you feigned as if you didn't know what I was speaking of.
Z25 Z25 Can you talk about the inconsistency between this and #2640.

If he's lying he'll be cc'd. Claiming mason with me was wine lol, to protect the real tracker and ideally both masons
I guess you are due for a reread now. I was sure you had mason slipped in D2.

This implies you knew DP was town because mafia wouldn’t target their in kind so why throw a potential scum in your pool. Sure DP seems town but taking a gamble like that isn’t a smart option.
Because again, Zen has claimed twice and somehow not be targeted by scum. Maybe I’m overthinking it but that’s really sketchy. And he could still be counter claimed. I’ll change my mind if that happens obviously but my god if he’s town he’s play has been god damn terrible. It’s thrown everything up in the air and made this way harder to solve then it should have been.
My claim should be extremely obvious to some of the people who have been in games with me before as I rant about it all the time. I’m vanilla hence why I’ve played to my meta of being less directly involved if vanilla and try to examine things from an outside perspective. That and I literally switched in so I had to have that same mentality.
I'm not sure there's a lot of benefit to scum!z25 trying to throw shade at Xivii if scum wasn't planning on counterclaiming. I'm also assuming that means we are not in a traitor scenario.

Laser mirroring however does not.
What am I mirroring? I'm not sure what this means.

Why do you feel my play style at the start of this game is more like my scum play in Oasis rather than my Town play in SS?
Z25 Z25 , would like an answer to this.

Top Bottom