• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Might be possible to start off as Sheik

Blackshadow

Smash Ace
Adelaide, Australia. Along with my Mad Duck.
Based on I.T.P's information in this thread, it might be possible to choose Sheik as your starting character.

I.T.P said:
First of all, a discovery I made by mistake, you CAN select the starting pokemon for PT, in a very bizzare but cool manner, once you pick him, It'll be default to random starting pokemon, but,and here's the good part, if you click on one of the portraits, It'll gain a light glowing frame, and he'll be the starting pokemon! not only that but his sprite is shown on the stage select instead of the PT's, and if you press B and select PT again, you'll hear that pokemon's name instead of "Pokemon Trainer". I'll put a demo movie I made of that first up.
If Sheik and Zelda both appear in their portrait, you might be able to click on Sheik instead of Zelda, and vice versa.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Or you just hold A... I don't see anything wrong with the Melee system...

I can understand PT's character select getting complicated because there's three of them, but Zelda/Sheik has no reason not to stay simple.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
It might be better this way since we now have the entrances, meaning Sheik could get a unique one.
Zelda's entrance+transform would be too long and it wouldn't fit into 4 seconds( transform alone lasts 3-4 sec).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

I can understand PT's character select getting complicated because there's three of them, but Zelda/Sheik has no reason not to stay simple.
Well, if they've already got one way for PT, it makes sense to be the same just to be consistent... and that way it's not a secret to N00bs.

However, all this looks like bad news for Zamus... if you can't somehow start as her, she won't be able to be in competitions

The Pope Of Pie

Smash Rookie
They just revealed today that you can start as either Sheik or Zelda as well as any of the three pokemon

On the screen where youve chosen your character there is Zelda and Sheik in the same picture as well as the three pokemon instead of Red.

You click on the character you want to start with

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
:) Get some nice sheik entrances :D

I wouldnt say this is good news or bad news, i didnt mind how it worked in melee and I also think the icon with zelda and shiek in it looks a bit crowded...
What do you guys think? should they have made a crowded picture or just scroll through costumes untill you get to shiek, or something different?

Kapusta.KO

Smash Cadet
:) Get some nice sheik entrances :D

I wouldnt say this is good news or bad news, i didnt mind how it worked in melee and I also think the icon with zelda and shiek in it looks a bit crowded...
What do you guys think? should they have made a crowded picture or just scroll through costumes untill you get to shiek, or something different?
In my opinion, they should have just made them completely separate characters. However, seeing as how we still have to compromise with the whole Zelda/Sheik pair-up, I believe it does look a little crowded on the menu, but it's better than before, seeing as how I love the fact that you get to choose who you get to start with in the manner that is possible now (clicking the character, not holding A at the start). So I'm happy, and in the end it's all good :D.

Zodiac

Smash Master

just to let you all know when selecting samus you can hold R to start as Zamus, perhaps holding R is the new A

Top Bottom