• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Might of found a new useful tech

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
1.) Go to training mode

2.) Select pikachu

3.) Select Battlefield

4.) You will spawn on the left platform. Drop down from that platform.

5.) Walk to the right until you see a blue-ish circle. Go inside the circle.

6.) Press Up B and then press the joystick to the right.

7.)Towards the end of Pikachu's quick attack frames, press A. You should have scraped the right edge of battlefield and you should have done a falling Nair off the stage.

This can be done on any stage.

This should be much easier to understand now.

K 2

Smash Lord
This sounds like QAC, which allows you to do any aerial after QA into the ground.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yes it is like QAC, but you quick attack straight across the ground and you are able to do any aerial without jumping afterwards
So you're basically scooting along doing an aerial, or are you just landing before the hitbox comes out?

K 2

Smash Lord
You can technically do any aerial with out jumping after QAC, but only the dair hitbox comes out. If all you get is the landing/lag animation, all you've done is QAC->aerial, not QAC->jump->aerial.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Okay I'm going to try to explain this a little better. Say your playing with Lucario. If you chose to Up B to edge hog, you would simply press up B and then move the control stick to the left or right edge. With pikachu, this is precisely what you're doing, except you don't edge hog and you don't QAC. Instead, you position yourself about halfway between the middle of FD and one of the two ledges. Then you use Up B to the left or right and at the exact moment you reach one of the two ledges, do an attack. If you chose to do a nair, you would seemingly scrap the edge of the stage and do a falling nair and you would still have your second jump.

neji32

Smash Lord
I C
so your doing a QA like if your going to QA ledge hog but instead you attack any coming towards the ledge

hmmmm i wonder if this is useful

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
I C
so your doing a QA like if your going to QA ledge hog but instead you attack any coming towards the ledge

hmmmm i wonder if this is useful
You kind of got it. The QA should only go in one direction and it should seeming scrape the ledge, allowing you to attack.

And yes, it is very useful for edge guarding.

K 2

Smash Lord
Ohhhh. I get it. Your doing a QA off the stage. I see what you mean now. Tell me if this is right. You do a QA so that the first one ends right outside the edge. Then you use an aerial, which sound appear to be right beside the ledge. Finally, you QA or double jump your way back to the stage.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Ohhhh. I get it. Your doing a QA off the stage. I see what you mean now. Tell me if this is right. You do a QA so that the first one ends right outside the edge. Then you use an aerial, which sound appear to be right beside the ledge. Finally, you QA or double jump your way back to the stage.
Exactly .

K 2

Smash Lord
OK. Sorry about my stupidity thinking it was QAC. I might try that out sometime. I think it has something to do with the way the game registers the position of the character (i.e. Bowser infinate jump), but I'm not sure. If you QA diagonally into the ground towards the edge (as if you were going to QA->edgehog), but cancel the autograb mechanics with an aerial (since you can't grab the edge when airdodgding or attacking) you could get your 2nd and thrid jump back. Try to replicate this, but instead, use airdodge inplace of the aerial and see if you get the same results (retain 2nd and 3rd jump). Doing the QA diagonally into the ground might register your character as "touching" the ground, give you your 2nd and third jump after you fly off the edge.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
Oh yea, can you do this on a consistant basis?
Yes I can do it very consistently.
OK. Sorry about my stupidity thinking it was QAC. I might try that out sometime. I think it has something to do with the way the game registers the position of the character (i.e. Bowser infinate jump), but I'm not sure. If you QA diagonally into the ground towards the edge (as if you were going to QA->edgehog), but cancel the autograb mechanics with an aerial (since you can't grab the edge when airdodgding or attacking) you could get your 2nd and thrid jump back. Try to replicate this, but instead, use airdodge inplace of the aerial and see if you get the same results (retain 2nd and 3rd jump). Doing the QA diagonally into the ground might register your character as "touching" the ground, give you your 2nd and third jump after you fly off the edge.
I will try that.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Ok, I tried this. First of all, if you follow Step 6. exactly as you stated, you'll QA to your death.
What you input is not Up+B -> right, it's Up+B -> right-down.
So basically what it is, is an unorthodox-looking QAC. You are scraping against the very edge of the stage with your QA in the process of this technique. When this is pulled off, you don't wind up too far off the stage at all, but sort of far below it. Fortuntately, you can easily double-jump and QA back to the stage.

Sorry to say, but edgeguarding with this technique is very situational at best. A better use for it would be ledgehogging. QA'ing directly to the ledge from the position you mentioned is rather easily performed. Though, Anther has known about QA's ledgehogging applications since Brawl came out. So it's nothing new. At best, your mentioning of this technique can just be a reminder for us to use it to ledgehog an unexpecting opponent for an easy KO.

K 2

Smash Lord
I was able to perform this 1 out of 10 times in training mode. I didn't do any aerial, but I managed to QA off the stage without entering fall special. I agree with Mister E that this is situational at best, but most AT's are. A possible scenario is QA off the edge into nair, which has decent knockback, to hit someone out of their up b. I can confirm that you QA diagonally down, since QA to the right or left results in your death. Also, if you stand on the edge and roll inwards (1 pika roll to the right or left of the edge), you are at the perfect distance to do this.

Ride The Yoshi

Smash Rookie
1.) Go to training mode

2.) Select pikachu

3.) Select Battlefield

4.) You will spawn on the left platform. Drop down from that platform.

5.) Walk to the right until you see a blue-ish circle. Go inside the circle.

6.) Press Up B and then press the joystick to the right.

7.)Towards the end of Pikachu's quick attack frames, press A. You should have scraped the right edge of battlefield and you should have done a falling Nair off the stage.

This can be done on any stage.

This should be much easier to understand now.
Is this similar to number 2 on my 15 techniques for pikachu thread? No one really talked about it when I put it there :\

neji32

Smash Lord
ive tried it in battle and i cant find a use to it. I found it easier and more useful just to QA and grab the ledge then since they cant grab it, jump and Nair.......idk

M15t3R E

Smash Master
It's alright, Phlemingo. I can actually thank you because I forgot that I could grab the edge this way. I'll try to incorporate that more into my games.

plasmid

Smash Apprentice
I've actually done this many times, it's just properly spacing a QAC so that you cancel into N-air, but instead of it turning into lag on the ground, you fall and the N-air continues, might be useful if you care to risk accidentally QAing off the stage, but I'm pretty sure Pika has better, less risky, edgeguarding options.

Top Bottom