• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miis debunked!

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Okay, okay...it's not like anyone thought they were going to be playable anyway, BUT I think that based on this quote, we can safely say that Miis will not be utilized.
Taken from Iwata asks volume 2.

'Of course, I think there was a possibility of taking Smash Bros. in a more casual-gaming direction. For example, we could make the art style simpler or make it possible to use Miis. However, with the various titles that the Wii was to offer, I felt that people were looking for something different.'

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I saw that too, but didn't think it was really worth making a big deal about. I don't think many people really even WANT Mii's in Brawl.

Chris of STARS

Smash Journeyman
I wanted Miis....I also thought it was a pretty good chance they'd be in. It would have been a really creative idea, but guess they didn't want it. Ah well.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Nah...it would have been awesome to see a fight between Chuck Norris, Darth Vader, Zoidberg, and Hitler

Too bad...

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I don't like Nintendo's sentiment that miis don't appeal to the experienced gamer, when they never even given it a try.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who actually had a problem with Miis being in the game is close-minded and hates fun.

I never expected them to be in but it would've been nice. This doesn't necessarily deconfirm them entirely, but it certianly makes their chances even slimmer than before.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I wouldn't have liked them, although I think it would have been a very original idea and would have appealed to some people. But how would they have worked out? I can see how, but that's something I wouldn't have wanted.
But maybe, if there's an other SSB installation, there will be Miis ^^

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Boxing gloves, bats, Wii Zappers, that tank from Wii Play, the cow. Miis have kind a bit of firepower to them.

Sakurai's reasoning doesn't make sense. Simply having Miis in it makes it too much like Wii Sports? Might as well be be arguing that it's too much like Super Mario Bros.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
Miis are boring and ruin the aesthetic value of the roster.
Me said:
Anyone who actually had a problem with Miis being in the game is close-minded and hates fun.

Also yeah, I'd love to beat up Krystal in general. If only it were possible to beat up a character so much in smash that they get removed from Nintendo canon and we don't have to remind ourselves how much post-64 star fox games have blown.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Like you guys, My Mii would be making Sonic and Megaman punching bags, as part of my daily Brawl training if I eventually get a better connection so I can finally go WiFi.

Miis wouldn't bring any strong interest to the game unless they were completely customizable.

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Also yeah, I'd love to beat up Krystal in general. If only it were possible to beat up a character so much in smash that they get removed from Nintendo canon and we don't have to remind ourselves how much post-64 star fox games have blown.
Anyone who doesn't like Star Fox Adventures is close-minded and hates fun.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Anyone who doesn't like Star Fox Adventures is close-minded and hates fun.
Well sorry but the painfully boring fights against all 10 million sharpclaws seemed to shut down a lot of my braincells.

Miis aren't any more of a gimmick that would get old than any other character. & character creation is a big deal in fighting games these days.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Seriously, I'd love a fight as Adolf Hitler, or a pig, or Mii-styled Waluigi, or more like that. I'd just find it annoying to play against millions of Miis online, but I would think they would be really fun outside the network.

Hitler versus three pigs. Who wouldn't want to see that?

Haloedhero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Haloedhero
3DS FC
4957-3994-3545
I actually wanted Miis in the game UNTIL I read this thread. I thought it would have been kind of unique, but now I understand that Sakurai didn't want his beautiful game that he's put so much work into to turn into "what kind of funny Miis can I pit against each other?" We already have Wii boxing for that.

Novus

Smash Apprentice
"Anyone who actually had a problem with Miis being in the game is close-minded and hates fun."

Anyone who doesn't want to go to war is gay.

Two people can play this game.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed. You could make some pretty cool characters and with some slightly customizable move and even a "Create-A-Brawler" mode where you get to equip your characters with cosmetic generic and Nintendo items like Mario's hat, it'd be awesome. This would also keep all the graphics as well. I think the argument "they don't fit" doesn't hold much water. So much potential. Oh well.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
I only wanted Miis in for MMM, but really, having the Alloys in is cool.

Sakurai found a way to sneak Meteos into Brawl. Go him.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wow, I don't get the Mii hate at all. Those guys were the perfect solution for the impossibility of a character creater. Heck, they are only out of place to the extent you make them, since they can be customized. And heck, people are saying they'd get annoyed with them after awhile...How does that even work? Just don't play as them. >_>

Oh well, too bad. Sakurai really should have added them, IMHO.

DinnerSonic

Smash Cadet
I want to say he meant something like focusing the entire game on the Wii Sports style, using only Miis, things like that, but it's probable he just doesn't want to have them in a big role at all, reducing them to mere buddy icons... I was kind of hoping for them too, they were the perfect possible middle ground between a customizable character and a Nintendo character, they have a possible moveset, and the 'gimmick' of each Mii's weight/height changing the entire feel of the character while still keeping a general moveset. Then again, it probably would end up having a lot of people rather playing as Hitler then Mario.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
The whole concept of Super Smash Brothers is to have characters from various video games fighting each other. Miis do NOT count.
They for sure could. They are practically the icon for the Wii or at least everyone knows of them that has a Wii. And with a Create-A-Brawler mode you could add items like Mario's hat, a koopa troopa shell, a metroid on your head, or any other item you can wear and that'd make them have access to all kind of Nintendo things. You could even have masks of characters that didn't make it in like if Geno isn't, a Geno mask for your Mii :) It really is a missed opertunity.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Lol, you CANT have Mii's in brawl. If you we're to take them online, pedophiles would figure out what you look like and as such, they would instantly know who you are and where you live and they'd go to your house to do bad things to you.

Lefticle

Smash Journeyman
They for sure could. They are practically the icon for the Wii or at least everyone knows of them that has a Wii. And with a Create-A-Brawler mode you could add items like Mario's hat, a koopa troopa shell, a metroid on your head, or any other item you can wear and that'd make them have access to all kind of Nintendo things. You could even have masks of characters that didn't make it in like if Geno isn't, a Geno mask for your Mii :) It really is a missed opertunity.
Yeah, they could. Doesn't mean they would. This discussion popped up a little while back, before the Wii was even out and before people knew about Miis. Someone suggested a create-a-character mode for Brawl, and it was shot down pretty quick. Like, seriously. Mario vs. Bob, people. That sounds like a pretty ****ty match-up to me.

Top Bottom