• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Daily-jp.jpg with a cache-busting and auto-refresh script that will do every 2 seconds (after the image has finished downloading). Not even a hard refresh method is enough to actually refresh the image, so I've wrote this cache-busting script that will actually refresh the image and the browser will think it's a new image every time. The Smash Bros site apparently doing the same, though, it takes up to a day to cache-bust it. It is also not ideal to refresh the whole site just for it.

I've had this since the moment I was ninja'd with someone posting a pic of new challenger :4metaknight: :p

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm sure that we're going to get a picture about how Smash Bros. for 3DS is now released in Japan. Nobody can get mad at him, though. I'm sure if you guys spent over a year working on a game you'd like to celebrate it's launch, lol.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
We haven't gotten a warning from Sakurai saying that the POTD will contain spoilers from now on yet, so I'm not sure if he would jump straight to revealing a secret character without warning.
Well Lucina is an unlockable character and we were given no warning about her being unlockable back in July.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Daily-jp.jpg with a cache-busting and auto-refresh script that will do every 2 seconds (after the image has finished downloading). Not even a hard refresh method is enough to actually refresh the image, so I've wrote this cache-busting script that will actually refresh the image and the browser will think it's a new image every time. The Smash Bros site apparently doing the same, though, it takes up to a day to cache-bust it. It is also not ideal to refresh the whole site just for it.

I've had this since the moment I was ninja'd with someone posting a pic of new challenger :4metaknight: :p
Just to know, it will refresh without showing a loafing icon right?

epicgordan

Smash Ace
We haven't gotten a warning from Sakurai saying that the POTD will contain spoilers from now on yet, so I'm not sure if he would jump straight to revealing a secret character without warning.
Why would he? It's already been spoiled, and it's not like he was spoiling the game previous by revealing Lucina either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why would he? It's already been spoiled, and it's not like he was spoiling the game previous by revealing Lucina either.
Lucina was a last minute addition and a trailer reveal. The others were not. That's the only reason to have her on the site right now. She was paired with Robin, the other Awakening rep, which is the most logical way to show her off.

Any unlockable characters should be noted as spoilers like he did with Brawl. Also, since they don't appear to have regular trailers, well... and he has yet to reveal Dark Pit as playable.

Remember, spoilers from leaks are irrelevant to him. It's still a spoiler regardless.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Because they unusually do. The Brawl dojo had a spoiler warning before it started revealing secret characters, despite the fact that the game leaked a while earlier, the fact that the game was already available for retail, and despite the fact that he had already long ago revealed the two unlockable characters Snake and Sonic.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, I rushed here when I saw Swift Fox replying, but I realized that it is still early :p

Anyway, if Sakurai starts posting the unlockables, I think that he'll start with Falco because is the easiest to unlock and after that he may post a trailer for a newcomer every month.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Some people didn't even look at the leaks not trying to spoil themselves

But I'd imagine how hard it must be to browse the net without leak pics or spoilers floating around.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yessssss okay. Enough with the 3DS menu bull****. Bring on the Wii U goodness!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, I rushed here when I saw Swift Fox replying, but I realized that it is still early :p

Anyway, if Sakurai starts posting the unlockables, I think that he'll start with Falco because is the easiest to unlock and after that he may post a trailer for a newcomer every month.
Well, he said "we were coming to the end of newcomer trailers". I don't expect many. Dark Pit got shown off already. He might not have been promoted/added till after the trailer, notably. That would explain why he wasn't added to the site right away or got a Character Subtitle. That said, only Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt seem like they have trailers left now. If any.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I wanna see HD Ness so badly now, and I kinda want Magicant to be shared between versions, to see that in HD too.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
So Wii U menus then?
You got it buddy!
I'll take it. The CSS probably looks loads better than how the 3DS' s looks.

Some people didn't even look at the leaks not trying to spoil themselves

But I'd imagine how hard it must be to browse the net without leak pics or spoilers floating around.
It was probably reeeeealy hard to avoid spoilers since GameXplain, IGN, and pretty much EVERYONE on Twitter didn't bother with spoiler warnings.

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'll take it. The CSS probably looks loads better than how the 3DS' s looks.

It was probably reeeeealy hard to avoid spoilers since GameXplain, IGN, and pretty much EVERYONE on Twitter didn't bother with spoiler warnings.
Same with YouTube, they got so much bids showing the spoilers in thumbnails LOL.

Advice : avoid the internet. A game like smash bros is everywhere.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
There's a mock up floating around somewhere. It looks way better.
The one at E3 looks 10 times better already. Though if 3DS is anything to go by, they're probably gonna **** it up somehow.

Same with YouTube, they got so much bids showing the spoilers in thumbnails LOL.

Advice : avoid the internet. A game like smash bros is everywhere.
I don't mind Smash spoilers since there's no story or anything. Still, spoilers wouldn't be a problem if this was a worldwide release. It's only Nintendo's biggest release of the freaking year. I bet stupid Pokemon remake is getting a worldwide release....

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Well, would you say that the journey is half over, or more like 80% over, since we know the full roster and most ATs and items?

I imagine Sakurai will simply post an announcement saying they he'll still do updates for the WiiU version. Hope he does so with a new WiiU-exclusive stage or AT, though.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The one at E3 looks 10 times better already. Though if 3DS is anything to go by, they're probably gonna **** it up somehow.

I don't mind Smash spoilers since there's no story or anything. Still, spoilers wouldn't be a problem if this was a worldwide release. It's only Nintendo's biggest release of the freaking year. I bet stupid Pokemon remake is getting a worldwide release....
Pokemon ORAS EU release is a week later from Japan, US, and Australia. :p

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sakurambo should just announce the non-officially announced characters, starting tonight with maybe Ness or Ganondorf.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
I am actually pretty excited what Sakurai has in store for us post-release. So, what's on the menu Sak?

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I hope the Pic of the Day consists of Nintendo making a surprise delivery of Smash 3DS to my house.

We're a bit overdue for one of those, I think.

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
I hopefully want to see full WiiU coverage now. New exclusive stages, maybe menus, special features on WiiU only and of course the remaining characters on full HD glory.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sakurambo should just announce the non-officially announced characters, starting tonight with maybe Ness or Ganondorf.
If he reveals them by the order in which you unlock characters via matches, which I believe he did with the unlockables on the Brawl Dojo, then it's going to go Ness -> Falco -> Wario -> Dark Pit -> Dr. Mario -> R.O.B -> Ganondorf -> G&W -> Bowser Jr -> Duck Hunt Dog -> Jigglypuff.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If he reveals them by the order in which you unlock characters via matches, which I believe he did with the unlockables on the Brawl Dojo, then it's going to go Ness -> Falco -> Wario -> Dark Pit -> Dr. Mario -> R.O.B -> Ganondorf -> G&W -> Bowser Jr -> Duck Hunt Dog -> Jigglypuff.
It is Duck Hunt, not Duck Hunt Dog. I was suggesting he would reveal first the veterans and then the newcomers.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I hope he starts showing off the unlockables soon. I need that Ganondorf render. :bluejump:

i think sakurai is going to wait till the us version releases before showing wii u exclusive modes and such,so he can cash in on the 3ds version,then show something hype worthy for the wii u,to force people into buying both versions.

but he might show secret characters until it release for the rest of the world,and we get to see the hd version of the secret characters while we wait.

majora_787

Smash Hero
For the record he also started doing it the first daily update day after the japanese release and revealed characters *VERY* quickly. Like, at a rate of six per month. Though I dunno what EXACTLY will be done with that. We may see multiple added at once to get it out of the way faster for the transition into the Wii U version.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
It is Duck Hunt, not Duck Hunt Dog. I was suggesting he would reveal first the veterans and then the newcomers.
Meh, no biggie, I'm going to call him what I'm used to. I was merely stating what he did with Brawl post-release, which is likely to happen again imo, of course he could do it differently but there's not telling that atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom