• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
"For Mother's anniversary, allow me to deconfirm Takamaru."

"And on Rhythm Heaven's anniversary, I'd like to show off our Prince of Sable assist trophy."

Metroid anniversary August 6th, Mach Rider assist, set your clocks.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, never heard of this character and the game Sable represents, until now, but that's nice! My condolences to those who wanted him as a playable character, though.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I hope Retro Mondays become Sakurai's new thing. Next week: Bubbles on a Duck Hunt stage (and deconfirm Duck Hunt Dog there while you're at it!)

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
If anything, I'm impressed by the huge diversity of franchises we see in the game. Introduced in this game alone:

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Wii Fit
Pilotwings
Balloon Fight
Tomodachi
Find Mii
Color TV-Game
Dillon's Rolling Western
The Mysterious Murasame Castle
Rhythm Heaven
For the Frog the Bell Tolls
The Wonderful 101
Rayman

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Whoever blue pikmin is, he gonna wake up with a ton of notifications....

Anyways, seems like this assist trophy is pretty powerful. Captures opponents and attacks them while we get to attack them too. Cool.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Y'know Prince Richard from Link's Awakening?
Who?

He comes from Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru.
From what now?

Also, that one professor from Wario Land 4 comes from this game as well!
There was a professor?

His name is Dr. Aerwo Stein.
Never heard of him. How do you even say that first name?

Yes, I'm doing this on purpose. Yes, I'm also responding honestly.

No, I don't actually want answers. ¦D

I want this entire week to be about dis-confirmations.
I can 100% agree with this. I wanna see more extremely obscure characters that hardly anyone knows, remembers or cares about aside from niche groups get shown as trophies and ATs.

That way, I can learn who they are and either pity them or laugh at them without being ignorant. <3

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I want this entire week to be about dis-confirmations.
"Pic of the Day. Here is the returning fighter, Meta Knight! This means he won't be an Assist Trophy."

You never said disconfirmed from which role.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My condolences @BluePikmin11 . Truly am sorry for your loss.

May be a tad rude, but maybe this will teach you not to laugh or get pleasure from the tears of fans when characters are disconfirmed.

Though to be honest, you're probably excited that he even got mentioned. :p

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
looks like the fancy room from tomodachi life. And wait..his name isn't Prince Sable? Then what is, it? Two classic reps are out :/. Who is gonna fill the classic rep spot now?!
Yep. Next week is Duck Hunt Dog trophy.

Last edited:

tippy

Smash Apprentice
Since Sakurai didn't say anything about the Hyrule Warriors direct, people's expectations for that should be pretty damn low if they weren't already.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Looks like I should have stuck to my guns. Internally I felt a retro disconfirm.
inb4noonebelievesmebecausebackpedaling

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
If anything, I'm impressed by the huge diversity of franchises we see in the game. Introduced in this game alone:

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Wii Fit
Pilotwings
Balloon Fight
Tomodachi
Find Mii
Color TV-Game
Dillon's Rolling Western
Rhythm Heaven
The Wonderful 101
Rayman

and that's just so far. Now we need some Eternal Darkness, Geist, and StarTropics.

Soul.

This character is a Trophy, it seems.
That's fine, though. Sorry for those who wanted this character.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
My condolences @BluePikmin11 . Truly am sorry for your loss.

May be a tad rude, but maybe this will teach you not to laugh or get pleasure from the tears of fans when characters are disconfirmed.

Though to be honest, you're probably excited that he even got mentioned. :p
I kinda wanted him, too. A special attack based off the battle system (the dust cloud scuffles) would've been cool.
I'm more happy than disappointed, though. He looks nice!
This also might mean we get music from the game as well.

There was also this awesome arrangement of the final battle theme (Slay the Snake!), but it disappeared off YouTube a while back...

---

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Kay, as I said, no mention today of Hyrule Warriors, but maybe tomorrow we'll get an alt costume or something based off it. After all the direct tomorrow starts at 11pm EST and these updates are usually 2 or 2:30am EST. I could easily see him updating something zelda-related with a caption like "Wow, did you see that Hyrule Warriors direct?" He might even update with a customizable move for Link based off Hyrule Warriors. Maybe a spin attack variation that hurls a tornado?

Anyway, this Prince of Sable Kingdom is adorable! As are his frog and snake...forms, I guess. Glad to meet him!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I think pretty much any character you can think of has a chance as an assist trophy now. I'm with people on wanting to see Mike Jones as one. Still waiting on another Punch-Out AT to replace Mac as well.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Wii Fit
Pilotwings
Balloon Fight
Tomodachi
Find Mii
Color TV-Game
Dillon's Rolling Western
Rhythm Heaven
The Wonderful 101
Rayman
Indeed. Its quite incredible what Sakurai is doing with representation this time around. Now we just need Brain Age, Xenoblade, and my pick Duck Hunt, and we have nailed most every large to medium sized Nintendo Franchise being represented.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
"Pic of the Day. Here is the returning fighter, Meta Knight! This means he won't be an Assist Trophy."

You never said disconfirmed from which role.
works for me. i'd like playable character reveals more than anything, really.

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm diggin' how Sakurai is handling some of the more fan-favorite character requests. I know that Prince Sable isn't the most popular, but at least the likes of him and up to Skull Kid are given a more prominent role.

A lot better than nothing I should say!

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Though I have to say... I would really love a Hyrule Warriors Link alt with his scarf..... I really love that scarf. Maybe tomorrow

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
After seeing Prince Sable in, I can't help but think Django from Boktai should be an assist trophy... it'd be another cool GBA throwback, more so for the West, than Takamaru or this guy. His game was published by Konami so it's a stretch, but not impossible.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Never heard of him. Being an assist trophy doesn't seem so bad considering he is supposedly nameless and not well-known globally.

The folks that wanted him playable should actually be ecstatic that he's in a pretty biggish role.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
FIrst POTD Ive missed in a long time. Came to start some last minute WarioWonday hype, then I realized oh.....

Cool a New AT. Of something from a Japan Only Released game.

Looks like Lucas still has hope.

Last edited:

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman

Mega Man
Pac-Man
Wii Fit
Pilotwings
Balloon Fight
Tomodachi
Find Mii
Color TV-Game
Dillon's Rolling Western
Rhythm Heaven
The Wonderful 101
Rayman
Don't forget Sonic :D

But still I agree. That's what smash is about.

Unless you were.mentioning new things, then whoops lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who's left on the chopping block?
-Mach Rider
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Bubbles
-Urban Champion
-Excitebiker (though a disconfirmation wouldn't be a big deal since Excitebikers were Assists in Brawl)
-Muddy Mole
-Fighter Hayabusa (or Star Man)
-Donbe & Hikari
-Goku (Yuyuki, not Dragon Ball)
-Diskun
-Sukapon
-Mike Jones
-Sheriff
-Foreman Spike (if counted as Wrecking Crew, not Mario)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Seeing a legit official 3D model for The Prince of Sable is just surreal. It's a really good looking one for the 3DS too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
FIrst POTD Ive missed in a long time. Came to do some WarioWOnday hype, then I realized oh.....

Cool a New AT. Of something from a Japan Only Released game.

Looks like Lucas still has hope.
Like I said, if I were you, I would make sure to be here live this whole week.

In fact, screw it, I think he'll do an tease by stage reveal tomorrow just because it's not Monday.

If I'm wrong, he may do it later in the week if he wants to.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
A week of disconfirmations is thinking inside the box, I mean we're a month and 9 days away from Japan's release time.

When that happens the rage will be so dramatic, it will crash the internet at once, cause a lot of people want a lot of things playable but not much can be confirmed in so little time.

So I want disconfirmations by the 10s if not 100s. Some maybe big, some maybe a chubby, some maybe small, some maybe goons, yellow, white, purple, green, spotted, underrated, etc. Just want to see the snowball effect happen in this crib. I'll still be happy with what we got. And if people do keep the smash sites calm, collected, and not make a Crash Smash bros 4, then they would be happy to.

Ok...I couldn't say that last sentence with a straight face. lawl :denzel:

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
You know... Prince Sable being in Smash Bros 4 at all is fantastic for him. This is his first appearance ever in a western situation. Maybe his game could be ported, or he could get an entirely new game, and even without those he's a great candidate for the next game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom