• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Funny thing is it if weren't for a few individuals on Smashboards I would have no idea who this character is.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
*insert Blue Pikmin condolences here*

This is a nice surprise. I'm hoping this bumps up Muddy's chances of being an AT too. Perhaps Mondays will be AT announcements until the Japanese release?
Maybe, although we have plenty of assist trophies already that just passed the Brawl's total of 27 AT's. I guess more AT's from other franchises that haven't been repped would be nice (e.g. Donkey Kong, Punch-Out, Pac-Man)

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Maybe, although we have plenty of assist trophies already that just passed the Brawl's total of 27 AT's. I guess more AT's from other franchises that haven't been repped would be nice (e.g. Donkey Kong, Punch-Out, Pac-Man)
Not to mention not all Brawl ATs have been confirmed to return. For example Infantry and Tanks, Helirin, Gray Fox (obviously he would only have a chance to return if Snake's returning) and Ray Mk II.
I think it's really likely we're gonna see a lot of ATs in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
UGH.

I thought the Hyrule Warriors Direct was in the morning as usual. It's tonight ?

Makes for a good follow-up for a veteran or new character reveal just shortly after it ends.

STOKED!!!

I really shouldn't be. Getting my hopes back down for future stellar news. :cry: i hate life

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Disconfirmation Monday continues... R.I.P BluePikmin Prince Sable.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Thanks for the tags guys! I already posted my thoughts in the Sable support thread, so all I can say about this pic of the day is..
Thank you Sakurai!
Not sure in what way you mean that, but I'm gonna assume you are happy that the Prince of Sable gets to have a major role in Smash, despite being such a 'lost' character. ^^ That is a good attitude.

But if Ridley is a boss, heads will roll!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As far as ATs go, Muddy and Tempo are the remaining characters on my wishlist. Also, if Sakurai really wanted to be nice, I'd greatly appreciate Geno and Mallow but I don't know how deep they're going to go with the third party stuff. Rayman's random trophy reveal gave me hope but who knows if he was an exception to the rule.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Not sure in what way you mean that, but I'm gonna assume you are happy that the Prince of Sable gets to have a major role in Smash, despite being such a 'lost' character. ^^ That is a good attitude.

But if Ridley is a boss, heads will roll!
I think the Prince Sable fans understood that there was a bit of a long shot involving the character and I think realistic expectations are important for fans of niche characters like he was. When it comes to characters like that, I think acknowledgement even as an Assist Trophy can mean a lot to those who are fans of the character who no one would have expected to see in the game at all.

Even as an Assist Trophy he will be seen and acknowledged by people and will be more recognizable by people in the future, that's more that can be said for a lot of lost characters.

D

Deleted member

Who's left on the chopping block?
-Mach Rider
-Duck Hunt Dog
-Bubbles
-Urban Champion
-Excitebiker (though a disconfirmation wouldn't be a big deal since Excitebikers were Assists in Brawl)
-Muddy Mole
-Fighter Hayabusa (or Star Man)
-Donbe & Hikari
-Goku (Yuyuki, not Dragon Ball)
-Diskun
-Sukapon
-Mike Jones
-Sheriff
-Foreman Spike (if counted as Wrecking Crew, not Mario)

adding on to Golden's List:
Kensuke Kimachi (1080° series)
anything from Magical Starsign series
some mech from Chōsōjū Mecha MG...
advance wars hasn't been repped in ANY way yet so... anything from Advance Wars series.
Elite Beat Agents.
None of those are "retro" as people define it.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sad disconfirmation aside, I'm pretty proud of myself. I know every single character, assist trophy or otherwise, and their origin in this game, except for color tv game 15, but that's pretty much pong.

D

Deleted member

Does the definition of 'retro' change when years go by?
Evidentially not; people still use it to mean "characters from at least SNES days from franchises that only have games in that era".

I also wouldn't call Chōsōjū Mecha MG, EBA, or Magical Starsign "retro" by any means; the former two debuted on the DS and the latter franchise had its latest game in 2006/2007.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Evidentially not; people still use it to mean "characters from at least SNES days from franchises that only have games in that era".

I also wouldn't call Chōsōjū Mecha MG, EBA, or Magical Starsign "retro" by any means; the former two debuted on the DS and the latter franchise had its latest game in 2006/2007.
Anything from the GameCube/GBA era that hasn't gone passed it, like Pikmin would've been without Pikmin 3 counts as retro to me.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So last Monday we had Takamaru, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. This Monday we had Prince Sable, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. Next Monday we'll have Lucas, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed....
Plz no

Last edited:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
So last Monday we had Takamaru, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. This Monday we had Prince Sable, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. Next Monday we'll have Lucas, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed....
Plz no
Probably a costume-swap of Ness. I can just imagine it now:
Picture of the Day August 11, 2014:

Here's Lucas, the main character of Mother 3! It was never released in North America but I certainly have enjoyed it here in Japan. You may remember Lucas from being a character in Super Smash Brothers Brawl! He was a favorite to many, so although we couldn't make him a playable character by himself he is included as an alternate costume for Ness.
Picture of the Day #2 August 11, 2014:

I can't just leave you on a bad note! Here's a picture of Lucas's trophy, his other representation in the game. This is the Nintendo 3DS build of the game, and as Mother 3 was a handheld game it was only fitting to put this trophy in that version of the game! This is the trophy room, where all your trophies can be viewed in one panned image like in the past games. Look, there's even boss characters like Ridley and King K. Rool and assist trophies like Isaac and Shulk! It will be fun to face the bosses and use the assist trophies of such beloved characters!

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Probably a costume-swap of Ness. I can just imagine it now:
That is one hell of a deconfirmation Miiverse.

Ridley? Deconfirmed!!
King. K rool? Definitely Deconfirmed!!
Issac? Who? Deconfirmed!!
Shulk? LOL.....Deconfirmed!!
But I doubt these characters are playable, especially ridley.
Well, maybe Issac and shulk.

Anyways, even Tuesday might be a chance for a reveal but since sakurai didn't mention it, its not likely. So there goes ganon.

Last edited:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Silly me... i didn't know the chopping block only entailed to retros... i was just adding for franchises not represented... for franchises that shouldn't/won't get a playable character this round of smash...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Maybe now with all these obscure retros out of the way, we can have Bubbles....

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there is no retro character.
Has anyone ever considered Pacman being the retro character of this smash. I mean, you can't deny that Pacman is a classic, he even pulls tons of retro stuff out of his ass. I don't think you can ever say smash 4 never added a new retro.

Then again, I consider Megaman and even Little Mac as retro's as well. I guess the consensus here is that the character has to be forgotten first before they count as retro. I just don't agree on that.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Why would a paper mario stage deconfirm Paper Mario?
It still is a possibility to have a stage in the game without any character representation of that series the stage is from
Examples like Hanenbow or Smashville in Brawl
Back on topic though, I didn't think Prince of Sablé would even be an AT, just a trophy at most. Either way, this makes me excited for the other obscure characters I want that have a slim chance of being playable to have a bigger chance as an AT instead!

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Thanks for the tags guys! I already posted my thoughts in the Sable support thread, so all I can say about this pic of the day is..
Thank you Sakurai!
I'm glad you understand. Assist Trophy status is a great honor to anyone that's completely new. This just increases their chances for the next installment of Smash brothers. Can't wait to see how his move-set plays, cause I never seen him before.

Still keep hope alive, your character is getting better treatment than a lot of the Unconfirmed potential newcomers..

like bomberman..:urg:

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
I'm glad you understand. Assist Trophy status is a great honor to anyone that's completely new. This just increases their chances for the next installment of Smash brothers. Can't wait to see how his move-set plays, cause I never seen him before.

Still keep hope alive, your character is getting better treatment than a lot of the Unconfirmed potential newcomers..

like bomberman..:urg:
and Ridley, King K. Rool, Shulk, Isaac...

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
At least more people will be aware of Prince Sable. I'm curious to see if a retro assist is annouced next Monday.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so sorry @ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 but hey at least he's in! and he looks awesome and his attacks sound amazing! definitely a possibile retro-revival playable top candidate next time around!

I was a little mac supporter during brawl and dealt with the assist trophy status but things turned aorund for us this time, I hope sable pulls the same!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
It still is a possibility to have a stage in the game without any character representation of that series the stage is from
Examples like Hanenbow or Smashville in Brawl
Back on topic though, I didn't think Prince of Sablé would even be an AT, just a trophy at most. Either way, this makes me excited for the other obscure characters I want that have a slim chance of being playable to have a bigger chance as an AT instead!
That's why I think he's [quite likely] and not [very likely] or [pretty likely].

To give you an idea, I said [pretty likely] on Ridley and there was a lot more evidences. I agree that the tease alone can't be certain, but my "want" side makes me confident anyway.

Those exceptions exists, it's just that it's a very low amount out of all stages. Not to mention the circumstances of the reveals itself, but I won't go there.

Speaking of tease, I predict it may happen tomorrow and I don't know who, but just because, let's say King K Rool.

So, a DK stage that teases him.

I wonder why he wasn't teased before, but then again, pacman wasn't.

D

Deleted member

So last Monday we had Takamaru, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. This Monday we had Prince Sable, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed. Next Monday we'll have Lucas, a Japanese character who's game never came out here deconfirmed
I think you mean "confirmed as a playable character." :4pacman:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We can call them "Retro Massacre Mondays".

Duck Hunt Dog and Mach Rider must be shaking in their boots.
Duck Hunt Dog doesn't wear boots. Mach Rider does.

Duck Hunt Dog is not scared of dangers. He laughs in the face of danger. He will be laughing whether he's playable or an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

I thought we all agreed that the Duck Hunt Dog was Sal's tipper, and is still laughing at all of those who believed him. myself included

Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Has anyone ever considered Pacman being the retro character of this smash. I mean, you can't deny that Pacman is a classic, he even pulls tons of retro stuff out of his ***. I don't think you can ever say smash 4 never added a new retro.

Then again, I consider Megaman and even Little Mac as retro's as well. I guess the consensus here is that the character has to be forgotten first before they count as retro. I just don't agree on that.
I consider retro to be games that have basically been forgotten about. Pac-Man is still living strong today, and Little Mac's reboot no longer identifies him as a retro character anymore.

Soul.

I love to speculate and compete so win-win for me~ But hey! Think of it this way! This is the very first time the smash cycle will have a very interesting twist! While we're playing the 3DS version, we're still speculating on Wii U stages and modes! Sure, it'll be a little less exciting since we'll already know the roster, assist trophies, alt costumes, custom moves, and much more, but... still! It'll be different! Competition and speculation at the same time! We might unlock characters on the 3DS version and come back here saying "Well golly, the stage on the 3DS that I fought that character represented them great! That must mean they're getting a Wii U stage too though! Wowee zowee!" I'm looking forward to this weird unexperimented time!
Yeah, you're right about that. But by then, everything will be focused on competitiveness. Sure, they can speculate about Smash Wii U's modes, but those will be revealed once the 3DS version is out. I understand what you're saying.
In the end, everyone will play the game online, so that's what matters. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom