• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Am I the only one who laughed at Sakurai's comment? "Dedenne is working hard too." right after "Even if you work hard it doesn't nessacarly mean you'll be playable.
Next week is going to be assist trophy and Pokeball extravaganza! "Tingle is also working hard". "Samurai Goroh needs to work harder". "Gardevoir works hard but not enough". "Mewtwo works the hardest." ...no wait what.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Dedenne is literally the single worst new gen 6 Pokemon; it's kinda sad that it's a Poke Ball over literally any other one since they're all better than it (both competitively and design wise really). I guess it's not too big of a deal, and for now we sure seem to be getting a lot of these helper characters out of the way which is okay in my book because, while some people get really excited by them, I just can't see them as that big of a feature since they're just single possible outcomes of two items.

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
Misread it as Dedede, wondered what the **** the picture had to do with him. ;_;
I also had to google Dendenne

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
All this Dedenne hate is upsetting as it and Marill are the only Pikachu clones I like. I guess that's opinions for ya!

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
No surprise that Dedenne is a pokeball pokemon. The anime is really trying to push how cute he is.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
This pokemon looks so generic that I almost prefered that "garbage-like" Pokemon.
-------
Sorry, I don't know names. I'm not a fan ... don't kill me.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I hate the Pikachu clones, and Dedenne is one of the worst of its kind. Either way, he looks like a useful Pokéball Pokémon, so who cares. Also, the flavor text is a nice little nod to yesterday's update.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Dedenne is a cute Pokemon, but it's pretty much useless for me in X and Y. Anyways, it was a very important Pokemon in the anime, so I'm pretty sure that's why it's getting the Poleball treatment now.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I stopped playing Pokemon games midway through Gen 4, so anything gen 5 onward I have no idea. I only know of the popular pokemon from gen 5 and 6 that people always talk about. (Usually the legendary pokemon)

QJD1381

Smash Apprentice
Pretty good week. We got new gameplay info, an assist trophy, and a Pokeball Pokemon back- to back.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just because Dedenne works hard doesn't mean it'll make it into Smash 5.
All it has is recency. And maybe its unique typing of Electric/Fairy.

----

I still support Pichu because it was already a Smash character.

I'm also okay with Plusule and Minun, being the original Pikachu clones and having a tag team mechanic.

As for the other pikaclones, I'm fine with them being Pokeball Pokemon for future games.

Also, I'm kinda curious as to why Sakurai didn't say something like: "By the way, Denenne is a Pokeball Pokemon, not a playable character" like he did for some of the ATs.

----

This week was good, and had some nice controversy. (Waluigi returning as an AT.)
Not too bummed about Waluigi, as the Smash gods gave us BrawlBox and the finished clone engine.

GameFAQS was in the middle of of a small war between Rosalina fans and Waluigi fans over her getting in over him and about who was more important.

Didn't like Wednesday's update though, but that was only because of the sudden long wait. The combo finishers seem cool.

---

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Admit it, you all had thought about this video when you have seen the PotD.

EDIT : Ninja'd already. --'

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well that's as good as I could expect for the little guy. For some reason I really like Dedenne, especially odd considering Pachirisu and Emolga got on my nerves.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
wow the worst gen 6 pokemon is revealed, other then little mac this months been low in content on to march one month closer to release

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well that's as good as I could expect for the little guy. For some reason I really like Dedenne, especially odd considering Pachirisu and Emolga got on my nerves.
Fairy typing at least gave it the benefit of the doubt, considering it still laughed in the face of your underwhelming/average Dragon.

I absolutely loved sweeping Drasna with one.

If I had to guess, I would think it's using either Electric Terrain or Discharge. Surprised it wasn't a combination of Nuzzle and Play Rough, tbh.

D

Deleted member

wow the worst gen 6 pokemon is revealed, other then little mac this months been low in content on to march one month closer to release
What about Diddy Kong? And the new assist trophies Mother Brain and Waluigi? And more info on game mechanics?
I'd say this month has been pretty substantial in terms of content.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Waluigi isn't a new Assist Trophy. I'd say infinites being dead are interesting, if only since they're changing something that's been there since the first Smash Bros. This Smash Bros. though seems to be missing a big mechanical addition like Brawl had with Smash Balls. Though this might just be a balancing game like Melee was, because so far, those changes are the most interesting.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
...Haha, I actually find this one funny! So much that it now makes the Waluigi comment funny for me too!

I'm now pretty sure the comment meant that not playable characters work really hard on the battlefield, doing their best to fight, but they're still just temporary summons, they won't stay into battle.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dedenne pretty much fits the Poke Ball role quite well. And just so people are aware, Dedenne is based on a hamster, and not a mouse.

I guess when the game is released, Waluigi AT beating up Rosalina will be one of the first pictures on MiiVerse. Count on it. ;)
Hearing that does make me wonder what the Rosalina haters will do to her with their screenshots. On my end, you'll likely see Rosalina deal hits instead of taking them.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm so curious on why Gen 6 is getting representation- is Gen 5 gonna get underplayed in favor of 6? (much like Brawl leaned more on Sinnoh-representation than Hoenn?)

Other than that, I think I would have wanted to see Dedenne use Nuzzle instead - it'd be hella funny to see him run after your opponent and rub it's face on theirs to leave them paralyzed. But eh.

This week was decent at best, some new things shown which I like.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well I'm guessing this board has been filled up to the brim with "Don't Drop that Dedenne" references and vids today, other than that not much to take away from this pic. Just an electric Pokémon doing what it does best, electrocuting ****.

Also, I don't think Gens matter at all in terms of Super Smash Bros. Pokémon just represent the Pokémon series, and not gens. So regardless if a Pokémon debuted in Red, Silver, Emerald, Pearl, White, or Y just be content with the fact that it is a Pokémon.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see dedenne is a pokeball pokemon nice attack too

Reminds me of viles electric attack in megaman x8

But really a electric version of the x bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom