• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
EDIT: And, uh, how does this island work in Animal Crossing? I am super familiar with basically every other smash represented series, but I know basically nothing about Animal Crossing.
Well it's kind of weird because the island layout itself is the same for everyone (land, island shape) but since you can customize your island plants, trees and flowers can be in different places. So really in the actual game you never see different islands but instead actual towns are wildly different. I'd guess that's the kind of feeling Sakurai wanted to preserve for this stage despite it not being accurate to the game.
It looks to me that water is indeed returning (or the dock is a walk-off since it's not in New Leaf). Trees don't look like they'll be obstacles to me, and that the background elements, puddle location, land shape etc. will be different each time.
(also noteworthy is there is no puddle in AC)

Last edited:

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
That's a pretty cool stage mechanic.

Oh, and, banned4competitiveplayblahkanashatsa

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Remember that picture with DK and Kappn from months ago?

I think that might be this stage.

DukeofShorts

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Braedenthegreat
There still is no Tom Nook in any Animal Crossing pics. Maybe he will be playable an assist trophy?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Are you guys trolling? This ticks me off because I play to ave fun and online got boring because it was all Final Destination every time.
Well 1, I think they just mean in actual competitive settings, and 2, let's all hope the online matchmaking options allow all peeps to find all kinds of matches.

AC random stage and all.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Nice looking stage, pretty cool feature with it changing each time you play. A solid week, minus the Dedede pic of course but that's water under the bridge now.

Really psyched to see Yoshi next week, one of my favorite characters. After that when they show Zero Suit Samus and Captain Falcon I'll be able to die a happy man.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Animal Island is a good choice for a 3DS Animal Crossing stage. The Island started out as a GBA thingamajig after all. I hope more than anything that there will be a Night version of Tortimer Island. I want to scare all of the 10,000 bell beetles away while I smash.

Are you guys trolling? This ticks me off because I play to ave fun and online got boring because it was all Final Destination every time.
Some people find playing on Final Destination fun, I know I don't, at least not all the time, I'm more into Battlefield.

I do hope we have more fun neutral-ish stages like Yoshi's and Lylat. I ****ing love Delfino that ****'s so pretty.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
This picture is great! Great way to represent Animal Crossing. I don't see Tom Nook anywhere so maybe he really will be an assist. Which for me, is an added bonus. Anyway, I like how we're starting to get more 2 pictures in 1 day. Also I can't recall a time when we've seen Villager do that pose on the second picture. . .

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm gonna guess we'll get info about a new stage tonight. We haven't had any of those in a long time.
Ahh! My prediction was a day off! I knew we'd be getting a new stage reveal soon! Woot!

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
There still is no Tom Nook in any Animal Crossing pics. Maybe he will be playable an assist trophy?
My bells are on Assist Trophy. Literally, I bet my girlfriend several hundred thousand bells that that's what he'll end up as.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, to be fair, this isn't an entirely new stage, we did have that DK and Kapp'n pic some time ago already...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
My bells are on Assist Trophy. Literally, I bet my girlfriend several hundred thousand bells that that's what he'll end up as.
I'm sorry in advance for your loss.
-
I'm curious as to how one accomplishes any fighting on here, or how you find the time between catching bugs and waiting for it to be night.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
This looks much more interesting compared to the previous animal crossing stages.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sorry in advance for your loss.
-
I'm curious as to how one accomplishes any fighting on here, or how you find the time between catching bugs and waiting for it to be night.
Eh, by the time the game comes out I'll have made much more than that saved up, it's really more of a symbolic loss if it ends up happening haha.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Look at that closest tree. It is more flat, and is on the exact right position. So, it is clearly a platform. ^^ Neat. I hope fruit will fall when you jump on it.

Nice stage.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Looks like an interesting stage. Neat.

I guess this is the one with Kapp'n and DK shown months ago.

Hong

The Strongest
-Image Removed-

Friday-worthy.

Moderator Edit: Please don't post off-topic images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
FINALLY!

I love the Island from Animal Crossing. This stage will be fun to play as. The randomness makes it even better! One thing I hate about All Star mode is how repetitive it is for the one stage-one franchise reps.

I too spent many a days collecting bugs on this island Sakurai <3 <3 <3 I hope there's a night time on this island.

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one who thinks this stage looks better than the Wii U one?

The 3DS version seems to be getting better stages IMO

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
A randomly generated stage... Interesting mechanic. It seems to affect the percentage of hill and beach terrain.

Looking at the two pictures, it also seems background objects, like flowers, are also randomly placed. This could mean that possible trees that serve as platforms may also be randomly generated.

This said, there might be an infinite amount of possibilities for this stage's layout, depending on how it's scripted. This question might be answered through the source game, Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
It seems like Sakurai had fun with this update lol.

I's interesting that there are different layouts to this stage. And it seems like NPCs will make appearances, perhaps different ones depending on the layout? And I wonder how long the distance is until the side blast zones. Me wanna swim laps around the island!...

Pluck those blue Pikmin, Olimar!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Could you believe that I was in Tortimer's Island yesterday? This stage reveal was quite a pleasant surprise.

I hope we have the night time version too, I'm more acquainted with that place.

Also, seeing the sides of the stage being sea, ya think swimming will be implemented back?

Last edited:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Will the stage hazard be Villagers from different town who blocks the only safe way to exit the island and refuses to move until they get 1M Bells?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
this is the kind of update I like, now we need to see the ki one

also if yoshi is revealed next week it may point to a earlier release then we thought because if it's coming out fall or later they prob just hold him to his jpn release.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Hmm, nice... So this stage was already shown in December.
I wonder when we'll get info about that strange stage from the trailer(that looks like something from DK), Palutena's stage and maybe the stage from Xerneas pic (if it really is a new one).

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hmm, nice... So this stage was already shown in December.
I wonder when we'll get info about that strange stage from the trailer(that looks like something from DK), Palutena's stage and maybe the stage from Xerneas pic (if it really is a new one).
That DK-looking stage is most likely part of the adventure mode. ^^ And that Xerneas is from Battlefield, so that pretty much confirmed it to be a PokéBall Pokémon.

Can't wait to see more of the Palutena and Find Mii stages, though.

RODO

Smash Ace
I'm starting to think they should have 2 pick of the days, one for Wii U and one for 3DS. That way they can satisfy owners of both systems with every update.

link2702

Smash Champion
well this stage will obviously get the banhammer almost immediately in tournaments.

depending on just how drastic its changes are, it has the potential to occasionally have insane exploits possible with each time its chosen.
just a quick FYI, basic brawl is 99% filled with casuals and not competitive players.

it very well could be that the reason FD was picked so much was cuz even a lot of casual players didn't like too much of the chaos some other stages bring, and in random matches would probably just rather resort to a stage like FD.

Still though, I'll get it out of the way ahead of time, Final Destination is NOT the only stage chosen competitively, tournaments usually have a variety of stages that are legal, INCLUDING some with hazards.

Either way, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why this new stage would be pretty bad for competitive play. Smash has always ended up with some characters having some sort of game breaking exploit possible on certain stages. Having a stage that randomly changes each time its chosen, just means that every match there is the potential for one player to get extremely lucky and get a design that greatly buffs their character, or one player getting extremely unlucky and getting one that heavily cripples theirs.

But hey, why do you care if the competitive players ban the stage in tournaments? You already just said you don't take part in the game competitively, so you'll be very unlikely to ever show up to a tournament, so why do you care what the tournament scene does? Again, just like in brawl, 99% of those that will be in random mode most likely aren't going to be competitive players, they'll be casual players.

Last edited:

peachy!

super princess
I am really digging the new Animal Crossing stage. Today’s PotD really hyped me up for the 3DS version of the game.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
sweet update. Now for a wii fit 3ds stage... :p
I expect the Wii-U one to be on the 3DS one, just like Mac's Boxing Ring, tbh. ^^ And I'm ok with that. I LOVE that mirror.

Also, Prediction for next week, in no specific order:
Yoshi
Diddy move
Another version of this New Leaf stage
Item/Pokémon/Assist Trophy
Luma colors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom