• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Um, if Ice Climbers were separated they wouldn't really be all that unique and wouldn't add much at all to the game. They figured out how to get Rosalina and Luma to work and didn't mention any problems with her during the "technical tidbit" so I doubt anything is wrong with Ice Climbers at this point. Whatever problems they were having I guess they cleverly figured out. But I guess we'll see on the 24th. I think we need to hear about at least 30 starter characters before E3.
Here's my feeling with future reveals. Smash64 had 12 characters when you finished the game, so in Melee you start with 14. Melee finishes with 25 (26 including Sheik) characters and in turn Brawl starts with 21 (25 including Sheik, Zamus, and Squirtle and Ivysaur) (Im counting Charizard as the main character of that bunch cause he appears in Smash4)
So! Therefore! Because Brawl finished off with 35 (39 including the rest) Smash4 might start with 34 or 33 including a random slot, because of the nice melee like roster shape it makes with a 3x9 box with an additional 7 slots below. We have 29 characters announced now but Sonic and Megaman could be unlockable, as well as other possible unlockables like Toon Link or Lucario which I believe are just starters now (many people tend to disagree for some reason)
I think this is a pretty solid theory. As you said, Megaman and Sonic are obviously unlockable and Luigi, Marth, Toon Link, and Lucario have a shot of being unlockable too based on past patterns, bringing the lowest number for the starting roster at the moment to 23. Now let's build up to the number you proposed. Ice Climbers, Wario, Metaknight, and one Mother boy have all but been confirmed for the starting roster. That brings our total to 27. Minus Squirtle and Ivysaur, now we add the only character in the Brawl starting roster that hasn't either been confirmed or strongly implied, Ike. We now have 28. That then leads at least 5 additions to reach the number you proposed. This could either be made up of newcomers or a combination of "promoted" veterans and newcomers. With at least three months left and how we got 9 characters in a four month span, I don't find it unreasonable that they could build up to 33-34 by July/August, especially with E3 coming up and at least one other general Direct being very likely before or after E3.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Who knows man. With the Direct week behind us, it's possible he'll start dropping new info again, but there's honestly still unanswered questions from the Direct itself so maybe he'll want to clarify that stuff first.

Then again, he seems very much content with giving us small doses of not 100% clear info all the damn time, so it's honestly more likely the more I think about it that we'll get new stuff, but only partially explained.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Who knows man. With the Direct week behind us, it's possible he'll start dropping new info again, but there's honestly still unanswered questions from the Direct itself so maybe he'll want to clarify that stuff first.

Then again, he seems very much content with giving us small doses of not 100% clear info all the damn time, so it's honestly more likely the more I think about it that we'll get new stuff, but only partially explained.
Hehe. Let's see Wario revealed tomorrow, just for the heck of it.

Or worse. Another pic at Ridley's tail. "Pic of the Day: "The owner of this tail is Always a jerk. He's so bossy."

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'd expect further clarification of some of the direct newcomers, elaboration on the Elite Four or Balloon Fight stage, and then maybe a final smash shot.

Staarih

Smash Master
Well, hopefully a Greninja picture pops up soon, he's a newcomer for crying out loud! I'm surprised the first picture after the Direct wasn't him, let alone the second one.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, what do people expect for this week's Pics of the Day? ^^
Hard to say. As much info as we got last week, there's still a ton we don't know. Despite the massive item, AT, and pokeball dump, I sure there's still a lot that haven't been shown and a number that haven't been explained. For the Pokemon, we don't know what Snivy, Zoroark, Oshawatt, Darkrai, Chespin,Fletchling, or Spewpa do. For ATs, Sakurai implied that there would be a ton this time around and I felt like a number of notable ones from Brawl like Jill, Resetti, Kat and Ana, and Tingle were MIA. For items I felt like most were revealed but there's still going to be a few new ones and we don't have an explanation for some of the ones that were shown like the Special Flag, Treasure Box, Super Leaf, and Killer Eye. Aside from characters, the biggest mystery is still the stages for both games. We still don't have a new Wario, Kirby, F-Zero, Yoshi, Mother, Ice Climber, Star Fox or DK stage for either game and we still don't know what the Sonic, Megaman, Fire Emblem, Metroid, or Pikmin stage will be for at least one version. Despite the Direct giving us roughly 5 months worth of new info, these games still has a lot of mysteries to them.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This week? I'm still trying to sort last weeks info through my head. That being said I'm not expecting anything but maybe a few details related to some of the character or details we saw last week.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Hard to say. As much info as we got last week, there's still a ton we don't know. Despite the massive item, AT, and pokeball dump, I sure there's still a lot that haven't been shown and a number that haven't been explained. For the Pokemon, we don't know what Snivy, Zoroark, Oshawatt, Darkrai, Chespin,Fletchling, or Spewpa do. For ATs, Sakurai implied that there would be a ton this time around and I felt like a number of notable ones from Brawl like Jill, Resetti, Kat and Ana, and Tingle were MIA. For items I felt like most were revealed but there's still going to be a few new ones and we don't have an explanation for some of the ones that were shown like the Special Flag, Treasure Box, Super Leaf, and Killer Eye. Aside from characters, the biggest mystery is still the stages for both games. We still don't have a new Wario, Kirby, F-Zero, Yoshi, Mother, Ice Climber, Star Fox or DK stage for either game and we still don't know what the Sonic, Megaman, Fire Emblem, Metroid, or Pikmin stage will be for at least one version. Despite the Direct giving us roughly 5 months worth of new info, these games still has a lot of mysteries to them.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Of all that, I honestly want details on the Super Leaf the most right now. It's my most wanted Item, and I can't wait to see how some characters will use it. Will Pikachu's tail be replaced bu the Tanuuki Tail? Will G&W's tail be black and in 2D? Will ZSS be even sexier? Will Marth be even hotter? Will Bowser have Spikes on his like in 3D Land? Etc etc~

I know we just got a load of info, with hundreds of pics and 40 min of footage, but I do hope a Metroid stage for the 3DS version is announced soon. ^^

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm hoping they reveal information this week about some of the newcomers and veterans shown during the direct. So far all we've seen is ZSS's jet boots.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Can't even imagine I think 60% of the Potd are going to involve what was at the direct (hopefully still no sign of ridley Potd til after E3)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well let's see what tomorrow brings.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
All I wanna know is Greninja moves/traits. I wish he was revealed in the beginning so he and Charizard could've been discussed. Albeit it would've removed the feeling of worry about not getting a newcomer at the end.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Man......... This thread is dead........... I really hope we get something substantial here soon for the sake of this thread

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
What I expect to see this week is (in no order):
  • A more in depth look at the Wii U elite 4 stage
  • Charizard's new down special
  • Some new final smash like Mario's or Donkey Kong's that's changed or like Sonic's that's unchanged
  • Some new item we've seen or pokeball poke elaborated on in the balloon fight stage but with no mention of the stage.
  • Maybe another past stage
  • A vague friday picture with some smash run enemy and a caption going "Does this fella look...familiar...?"
What I want to see this week:
  • A more in depth look at the Wii U elite 4 stage
  • Charizard's new down special
  • Some new final smash like Mario's or Donkey Kong's that's changed
  • A website update with organized stages and musical pieces
  • More Alt. Costumes or colors maybe in a team battle announcement/elaboration
  • Some other stages' "final destination" forms

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I thought it's always like this on weekends.
I'm talking about in general, I remember where we could go through 10, 20, or even 30 pages a day, now it can barely reach 5............ Ever since the Yoshi incident.

Shroob

Sup?
I still say the Ice Climbers should be revealed the 24th. Yes, we just got 5 characters, but it'd be the most logical time to show them due to NES Remix 1+2 in Japan.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I still say the Ice Climbers should be revealed the 24th. Yes, we just got 5 characters, but it'd be the most logical time to show them due to NES Remix 1+2 in Japan.
Same. Game is coming in summer. Gatta get those characters out sometime. I mean we already knowww they're in soooo.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Tonight, let's see... tonight I predict a Yoshi pic. But! I always predict wrong!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Aside from stages, I really interested in what some of the other ATs are. The Direct strongly suggested that a lot of the ATs this time around were going to be popular choices from the Brawl speculation days and it really makes me wonder who they are going to go with. Chances are Sakurai's going to wait a little while longer before divulging new info but this is something I'm hoping will show up in the PoDs more as we get closer to E3.

Shroob

Sup?
The question to me, is that we're still missing a handful of veterans. I wonder if we'll get any between now and E3 or if we'll have to wait.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The question to me, is that we're still missing a handful of veterans. I wonder if we'll get any between now and E3 or if we'll have to wait.
I'm guessing at least one, maybe two. There's so many that are all but confirmed now thanks to the Direct that it would be kind of sadistic if they held off on all of them until E3.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm guessing at least one, maybe two. There's so many that are all but confirmed now thanks to the Direct that it would be kind of sadistic if they held off on all of them until E3.
We will see the rest of the starters on E3 obviously (except for some special cases like Ridley or mewtwo or pac-man) because summer is when the 3ds version comes out and after that the unlockable characters will be start to be shown (and characters revealed that accually have to be unlocked)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I predict Ice Climbers for next Thursday.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
When I look into my (nonexistent) crystal ball I spy either a...
  • Pic with Greninja doing stuff
  • More clarifications on stuff from the direct
  • Sakurai being intentionally vague or ambiguous in a quote
  • Sakurai trolling
  • Sakurai not trolling, but is being interpreted as trolling
  • Something random
  • A pic of one of the recently announced veterans
  • A combination of the above
I am totally not betting on this. I lose bets.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Okay, so we've all had a break after last weeks madness, and are ready to get back into it! I hope Sakurai feels the same, and starts posting new content again, even if it's just explanations on moves and items we've already seen i.e items from the press release and Charizard/Greninja/Yoshi changes.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why that day in particular? Is there some date correlation I don't know about, like the anniversary of their game or something?
It's the release of NES Remix 2 in Japan.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Today's Pic will be either

1: Greninja is new!
2: Charizard is alone!
3: Yoshi is much stronger!
4: Luigi's Nose Joins the battle!
5: Zoomed-in pic of Sheik's rear end!

Notice how those goes from short to longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom