• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm pretty meh about the new stage. I might need to see more images of it or see some gameplay of it in action. I kinda would of preferred a different Mario stage but I guess this is fine if a lot of others are hyped for it.
Imho, there's totally going to be a third Mario stage. Hopefully a retro one, maybe from Mario World? Or Mario Party/Kart?
Also, the inevitable Wario Ware 2 plus the probable Luigi's Mansion stage (maybe for the WiiU version they'll bring back the Brawl one).

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Yeah, itt would be nice to see the Metroid 3DS stage already, as well as the stages for Kirby, Pikmin, Yoshi, Sonic, etc... for the 3DS version. As far as the Wii U version is concerned, I would like to see if the DK stage will be based of some level in Tropical Freeze.
Sunset Shores, Punch Bowl or bust.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'd like a stage based on the monorail levels.
Or maybe a stage which starts on Donkey Kong Island (where there's his house) and then gets freezed.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I'd like a DK stage that isn't crap for once.

And hopefully it has Tropical Freeze music. Busted Bayou 4 smash.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Imho, there's totally going to be a third Mario stage. Hopefully a retro one, maybe from Mario World? Or Mario Party/Kart?
Also, the inevitable Wario Ware 2 plus the probable Luigi's Mansion stage (maybe for the WiiU version they'll bring back the Brawl one).
Yea I know a 3rd one is coming, I just don't really like how generic this new stage is though. I would of preferred a 3D World or MK8 stage or at least a more interesting area from NSMBU like Peach's Castle (under Bowser's control) or on top of an airship fleet. Like I said I might change my opinion after we get more info about it and I'm happy to see a lot of people hyped for this stage.

Also I would enjoy if they brought back Brawl's Luigi's Mansion.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yea I know a 3rd one is coming, I just don't really like how generic this new stage is though. I would of preferred a 3D World or MK8 stage or at least a more interesting area from NSMBU like Peach's Castle (under Bowser's control) or on top of an airship fleet. Like I said I might change my opinion after we get more info about it and I'm happy to see a lot of people hyped for this stage.

Also I would enjoy if they brought back Brawl's Luigi's Mansion.
I'm pretty sure we haven't seen all the transformations of the stage. I expect them to be three at least, up to five tops.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Sunset Shores, Punch Bowl or bust.
There isn't a Sunset Shore-like level in Tropical Freeze or is there? A stage based on Sunset Shore would have been perfect for the 3DS version, but I suppose Jungle Japes will be the only DK stage for the said version.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure we haven't seen all the transformations of the stage. I expect them to be three at least, up to five tops.
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a version for all the worlds of NSMBU. Or would that be too much? Haven't played the game myself but did do some research and I think all of them would differ from each other quite a bit.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There isn't a Sunset Shore-like level in Tropical Freeze or is there? A stage based on Sunset Shore would have been perfect for the 3DS version, but I suppose Jungle Japes will be the only DK stage for the said version.
There's Busted Bayou, Amiss Abyss (water stage though) and Cliffslide Slide. Assuming you're talking about silhouette levels.

Busted Bayou would be grand.

Reila

There's Busted Bayou, Amiss Abyss (water stage though) and Cliffslide Slide. Assuming you're talking about silhouette levels.

Busted Bayou would be grand.
Great looking stage, arguably better than the original silhouette level. The music is good too, but if this stage is Smash, I would prefer to have Twilight Terror (Stickerbrush Symphony Returns), Homecoming Hijinx or Seashore War playing in the background.

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I wouldn't be surprised if it had a version for all the worlds of NSMBU. Or would that be too much? Haven't played the game myself but did do some research and I think all of them would differ from each other quite a bit.
so 8 transformations 9 if u include the special world sounds a little much.

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
It's super close to E3 and the second POTD today has: Mario, Sonic, MegaMan AND LUMA (Yellow---resembling and foreshadowing Pac Man!??!) :troll:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Great looking stage, arguably better than the original silhouette level. The music is good too, but if this stage is Smash, I would prefer to have Twilight Terror (Stickerbrush Symphony Returns), Homecoming Hijinx or Seashore War playing in the background.
Homecoming Hijinx is a given, but I'm having trouble imagining Seashore War in a Smash match lol.

Punch Bowl seems really fitting for the game.

Reila

Homecoming Hijinx is a given, but I'm having trouble imagining Seashore War in a Smash match lol.

Punch Bowl seems really fitting for the game.
But since when a music have to fit to be in Smash? How does this , this and this fit in a Smash match?

These are some of my favorite tracks in Brawl btw. :p

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
But since when a music have to fit to be in Smash? How does this , this and this fit in a Smash match?

These are some of my favorite tracks in Brawl btw. :p
No mention of The Roost? Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO7UI0WIqVw
Most out of place song in the entire game. Turns every match into a heartfelt very special soap opera episode.
And my favorite song in the game to fight to for similar reasons.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Interesting, been awhile since we've seen a Wii U stage of any kind.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
There are, but SS's still the most recognizable and memorable silhouette level.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
People seriously think Magikoopas should be playable characters in a Smash Bros game? They're generic Mario baddies. At best they'd make cool ATs.

I love the new stage. Would like to see pipes return from Smash 64. Wish we could get a Super Mario Bros 3 stage similar to the Dinosaur Land one in Melee in glorious HD.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
People seriously think Magikoopas should be playable characters in a Smash Bros game? They're generic Mario baddies. At best they'd make cool ATs.

I love the new stage. Would like to see pipes return from Smash 64. Wish we could get a Super Mario Bros 3 stage similar to the Dinosaur Land one in Melee in glorious HD.
Actually, Kamek (not MagiKoopa) is the main villian in the Yoshi games, and is a important foe in most big Mario Games. I doubt he'll ever be playable, but I asure you, he is not a generic enemy. ^^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There are generic Magikoopas though.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what other locations will be used, and what kind of enemies may show up. Waddlewings, Spikes, Cooligans, Para-Beetles, and Foos are just a couple thoughts.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There are generic Magikoopas though.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what other locations will be used, and what kind of enemies may show up. Waddlewings, Spikes, Cooligans, Para-Beetles, and Foos are just a couple thoughts.
Nabbit.

His Smash debut will be in a stage, and soon...he'll steal those character slots.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Nabbit.

His Smash debut will be in a stage, and soon...he'll steal those character slots.
Wait until Nabbit appears as a stage hazard. He'd get his hands on any items and run off, but players can attack him to make him drop his loot. On some occasions, Nabbit may even be holding a Smash Ball, and it'll be a fight to see who can snatch it from Nabbit first.

Reila

Well, there are people that want freaking Waddle Dee to be playable. Kamek wouldn't be any worse than that; He is a generic enemy in Mario games, but at the same time, he is the major antagonist in the Yoshi's Island series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, there are people that want freaking Waddle Dee to be playable. Kamek wouldn't be any worse than that; He is a generic enemy in Mario games, but at the same time, he is the major antagonist in the Yoshi's Island series.
Kamek(the character) is no generic enemy. He has unique(and stronger) powers than a regular Magikoopa(as does Kammy) and actually is implied to be Bowser's acting parent. Some games he literally is instead(like the Mario & Luigi games).

Bandanna Waddle Dee has some similarities as he's a stand out compared to the generic enemies, but other than being playable and having a headband, he's not much different. He had a small appearance before gaining the popularity that made him playable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Actually, Kamek (not MagiKoopa) is the main villian in the Yoshi games, and is a important foe in most big Mario Games. I doubt he'll ever be playable, but I asure you, he is not a generic enemy. ^^
This. Kamek is a pretty big character in both the Mario and Yoshi games, being the most consistent villain behind Bowser himself. The problem though is that, like F-Zero, the Yoshi franchise has far less influence now than when it first premiered in Smash. In the original, Yoshi earned his spot thanks to the wildly successful (both financially and critically) Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, never mind Yoshi Cookie, Yoshi Safari, and all the cameos he made in Mario spinoffs on top of that. Since then the series has floundered and has yet to recapture the magic of Yoshi's early break out games. If F-Zero and Star Fox are in critical condition, Yoshi is in rehab. It's a weak franchise that keeps plugging along despite being "meh" for the past 15 years so it doesn't really warrant another character.

Last edited:

Reila

Kamek(the character) is no generic enemy. He has unique(and stronger) powers than a regular Magikoopa(as does Kammy) and actually is implied to be Bowser's acting parent. Some games he literally is instead(like the Mario & Luigi games).

Bandanna Waddle Dee has some similarities as he's a stand out compared to the generic enemies, but other than being playable and having a headband, he's not much different. He had a small appearance before gaining the popularity that made him playable.
My point was: If people may want a generic Waddle Dee to be in Smash, I don't see what is wrong with wanting the main villain in Yoshi's Island to be playable. When I said Kamek was a generic villain in the Mario series, I was talking about the Magikoopas in Super Mario World. :p I know Kamek himself is stronger/have more abilities than regular magikoopas.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This. Kamek is a pretty big character in both the Mario and Yoshi games, being the most consistent villain behind Bowser himself. The problem though is that, like F-Zero, the Yoshi franchise has far less influence now than when it first premiered in Smash. In the original, Yoshi earned his spot thanks to the wildly successful (both financially and critically) Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, never mind Yoshi Cookie, Yoshi Safari, and all the cameo he made in Mario spinoffs on top of that. Since then the series has floundered and has yet to recapture the magic of Yoshi's early break out games. If F-Zero and Star Fox are in critical condition, Yoshi is in rehab. It's a weak franchise that keeps plugging along despite being "meh" for the past 15 years so it doesn't really warrant another character.
I highly doubt Yoshi will get a new rep in the Smash Bros Series

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My point was: If people may want a generic Waddle Dee to be in Smash, I don't see what is wrong with wanting the main villain in Yoshi's Island to be playable. When I said Kamek was a generic villain in the Mario series, I was talking about the Magikoopas in Super Mario World. :p I know Kamek himself is stronger/have more abilities than regular magikoopas.
There's a most people use the term "Magikoopas" for the race. ;)

Less confusing.

And again, Bandanna Dee is more than a generic enemy. He's specifically a unique one overall.

Reila

Less confusing.

And again, Bandanna Dee is more than a generic enemy. He's specifically a unique one overall.
I don't see how, sorry. It is just a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear. That doesn't make of it an unique character.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Less confusing.

Wouldn't he playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't see how, sorry. It is just a Waddle Dee with a bandana and a spear. That doesn't make of it an unique character.
That's exactly what makes him unique period. Also, the ability to play as him. He's no less unique than Kamek at this point, having some unique moves(infinite mid-air jumps). There's pretty much no tangible difference among them. He's also our only real chance for a 4th Kirby character at this point, since he's a prominent playable character among more than one game.

Wouldn't he playable in Kirby's Return to Dreamland?
He is playable in it.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm really hoping this week goes by fast. :urg: Mondays has a tendency to be a barometer for the rest of the week and if we're starting the week off on a high note, the rest of it will probably be pretty good too.

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day

We have yet to have a good week that simply faltered out after a good Monday and, truth be told, it usually meant Sakurai was building up to something on Thursday or Friday.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
This will be an interesting week one way or another. Hopefully people don't end up you know... melting down before the event next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom