• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Now that I think about it, this would be my third most wanted stage.

3 console generation rep where you would literally fight on or near the said console - confirmed for gameboy.

2 Any Pokemon stages that has any trainers as hazard (could be an expansion of the pokeballs items).

1 theatre, no explanation needed (too awesome).

And my theory on Paper Mario would mean stage on WiiU, good...good.

In al seriousness, getting 3 AND 1 is overhype.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Um, it is a stage where you're in a console, but unless Game & Watch is like... updated with Game & Watch Gallery kinda...stuff... then we can also get a Flat Zone. Though i'd be fine if this replaced Flat Zone, I personally never enjoyed Flat Zone stages.

Anyway...I guess goodnight and see ya next time. We might get a follow-up comment in a few hours announcing something, buuut it is kinda early in the month so... probably not. Probably next week! Alright, bye~ I gatta think of nicknames for my Mega Lopunny haha~

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Wait a minute! I just thought of something crazy. What if this IS a Game&Watch stage based on the Game&Watch Gallery games?

I mean just think about it as well as the fact that we see the handheld itself.
That's Genius.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Guys. What if instead of "3... 2... 1... Go!" like when normal matches start, what if on this stage it was "3... 2... 1... *BA-DING*"?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Wait a minute! I just thought of something crazy. What if this IS a Game&Watch stage based on the Game&Watch Gallery games?

I mean just think about it as well as the fact that we see the handheld itself.
Nah, by that logic, this stage could be a number of fighter's stage simply because of how many of them have been on the Game Boy. In all honesty if this stage belonged to any characters, it would be Kirby and Dedede, as the Game Boy is where they got their start.

Since it shows the GB battery light so prominently, I wonder if sometimes the batteries will die and the whole stage goes dark and silent for a while.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Nah, by that logic, this stage could be a number of fighter's stage simply because of how many of them have been on the Game Boy. In all honesty if this stage belonged to any characters, it would be Kirby and Dedede, as the Game Boy is where they got their start.
I won't argue it can't be any other stage, however it also makes incredible amount of sense to start representing the Game&Watch gallery games.

The showing of the handheld is also reminiscent of Flatzone.

Sakurai also not sharing any details past the gameboy title meaning it could spoil it's a Game &Watch stage.

Game&Watch is also perfect because he practically represents retro handheld hardware.

Lastly, it looks like it will be a medley stage. You know who would be great for a medley stage? Game&Watch.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
The only real thing I want from this stage aside from music is, when the match is over, for the screen to power off with the telltale two dot lines that fade back into the screen a second later.

Plz Sakurai.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
awful stage, thank god it not on the WiiU version.
I can see it now:

"POTD. Brand new stage for the Wii U version: the Nintendo Wii! Characters fight on the Wii Channel select screen. Exciting new weather as it breaks live, from the Weather Channel!"

Last edited:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
please tell me im not the only one itching to play a Charizard vs Pikachu match on this stage???? i honestly might cry if i do though...<3
(Im really hoping the background will shift from various classic gameboy games)

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
please tell me im not the only one itching to play a Charizard vs Pikachu match on this stage???? i honestly might cry if i do though...<3
I thought I was sad when I learned Pokemon Trainer wasn't returning. Not being able to play as him on this stage though?

Absolutely heartbreaking.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Forget them. I want Gengar vs Nidorino.

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
So... uh...
Smash 3ds confirmed best smash?
Just sayin', a gameboy stage is brilliant and a major step up from ****ing flatzone.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I sort of feel like we're overdue for a newcomer, if there are any more (there has to be at least two)
Nnnn....

We got *two* newcomers, and a veteran, less than a month ago.
And we got 3 newcomers (5?) a month before that, with a veteran like 2 weeks before that.

We got 7+ characters within 2 months-ish time. Hell, last year, we didn't even get a Newcomer after E3 until around Christmas.

If you just mean a character in general, we're pretty much guaranteed to get one or two this month. Either at random or for some event. But we're definitely getting someone this month, if not 2 someones.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Waaait a second...speculating more... CoroCoro will reveal what we know so far about smash on the 12th... then while people are intrigued and brought up to speed, Sakurai announces a direct for the 19th or whatever at the end of next week to briefly recap and then continue to unveil all the final starting stages, modes, starting roster, a newcomer, and more before release...yeahhh, that makes sense, right? Hmm... but I'm curious about this CoroCoro stuff... Tuesday isnt too far. And it might leak, I guess.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
I love this. I really do. Flat Zone 2 is one of my favorite stages of all time, and this one looks really good.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Yeesh, it's like Sakurai doesn't want to reveal more characters. (/selfishrant)

Nevermind, we still got plenty of time left. This Game Boy stage is a nice throwback. Looks pretty small though. O.o

In other news, Corocoro reveals that in Pokemon, Salamence turns into a jet plane when he mega evolves. Transformers, anyone?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is one of the coolest stages I've seen in a while. I can't wait to see what it's like overall.

I do want another character reveal, but this is one of the few weeks we got nothing but new information overall. No complaints.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'm not sure if anyone else has pointed this out (and I'm too lazy to check...), but it could also belong to Pikachu, Charizard, and Jigglypuff.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like this Game Boy stage is a good way of hitting multiple birds with one stone, as it can showcase many classic GB games without them being all separate stages by themselves. I like it.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I feel like this Game Boy stage is a good way of hitting multiple birds with one stone, as it can showcase many classic GB games without them being all separate stages by themselves. I like it.
Except the issue is that the 3DS stages will only get a limit of 2 songs per stage, including the Game Boy stage.

HohnTTD

Smash Cadet
Except the issue is that the 3DS stages will only get a limit of 2 songs per stage, including the Game Boy stage.
If the GameBoy stage does go through transitions of different GB games, I think it's possible we could hear 8-Bit game medleys from this stage.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
Now, this stage is great and all...

Gamecube stage for WiiU? (lol I'm probably daydreaming too much here).
I was thinking about a NES stage. Maybe it has some inspiration from NES-Remix?
Or. It's a NES-Remix stage all along. ^^

spader13

Smash Journeyman
This is a really cool stage! At first glance, I thought it was confirming Masterpieces being back, but that was quickly dispelled. It better make the power on noise at the start of the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom