• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I like how everyone is just now complaining about the Mimicutie because there's much KI:U content, even though we've known about it since the direct.

juddy96

Smash Lord
You are all going to buy the game on one system or the other, and you'll like it regardless because we are all smash fans. Don't understand the complaining, we can find out stuff for ourselves too ya know. There could easily be a direct coming up. Sakurai has been operating throughout this process with the "keep them interested by showing bits and pieces through POTD" strategy, while announcing there will be a character reveal/direct coming up in a few days to let the hype build to its max capacity. The man isn't stupid. He knows when to temper our expectations, and when to build our hype levels.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know what type of KI representation in the POTD's I would love?

Palutena

Weird right, Sakurai?
Speaking of that, I kinda wanna see what costume colors she has and if they'll match Pit's... and if one of em changes her hair. I can imagine now. Pink haired Palutena wearing red to go with the Red Pit costume, or maybe light blue hair to go with her blue costume. Plus I hope her gold one goes well with the Gold Pit.
I can dream, can I?

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Link's red pallet looks nice. I like that the pants have a gray tint, it nicely compliments the red. I'd like to see the Dark Link variant in this game. I usually just stick with the classic green though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I feel the same way about versus mode, I think everyone has a pretty firm grasp of what versus mode will give us and what we can expect from it. Nintendo has gone out of their way at every chance to tout this mode and show it to us, I think I've seen enough. Not only that, it is in every Smash game to date; however, Smash Run is not. Therefore, I am quite interested in seeing what it has to offer. :cool:
So what are all the versus modes we will get, and how many final destinations will we get?:coolmonke:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I actually like updates that elaborate on stuff... I wouldn't call it filler (being in the same vein as empty battlefield/luigi's nose/Kirby's and Olimar's height/Mario grabbing Peach's Hand/ etc.) Oh well at least the game is content heavy enough to supply a Potd.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
such a forgettable potd. good going. its a month till release. come on.
To be fair in a month, I doubt many of us will remember even the most memorably of PotDs considering the ****storm that will happen.

Even less once we're actually playing the game for ourselves.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All I remember about japantime for Brawl was Sonic and music :<. Everything else really just blends into nothingness once you get the hands on the game and can make all the conclusions/learn more/find out more than was provided by playing with those things yourself (or seeing those things yourself/hearing/experiencing/etc). Because really, everything we've been shown is a bit of a teaser at best, and that's all it ever really was intended to be. It's miniscule in comparison to the final product itself~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I remember with Brawl is stuff like

"Until Now..."

"You must recover!"

and junk

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
Warning Received
Well this info isn't knew, kinda already knew it other than collecting custom moves. Still pretty cool.

And I just realize were gonna have to unlock custom moves.

Well son of a *****

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm kinda stunned by the number of people complaining about getting more smash run info. You guys do realize why he shows those pics, right?

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Not too bad potd, but wasn't really that needed. Oh well, Sakurai better have a huge megaton soon or the hype will fall down the hill.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
As I said, I'm fine with his series repping and have no reasons to complain.

But while most people want a newcomer trailer, it makes those potd became less enjoyable and really they should at least surprise people with stages or assist.

Don't get me wrong I'm hype for city trail gameplay since April 8, but not when I'm told 50 times. Hype has limits (except if Paper Mario is confirmed that...might not die, but we'll see).

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm kinda stunned by the number of people complaining about getting more smash run info. You guys do realize why he shows those pics, right?
Well yeah he's obviously trying to sell Smash Run since the 3DS version is coming out soon. But it's all just mundane details that I would have rather found out about playing the game myself.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There's a number of issues with this potd, which explains all of the negative responses including my own.

First off is the over repping. For all we know there could be a ridiculous amount of Pokemon that are Smash Run enemies or there could be a high amount of Mario or Zelda or Kirby enemies but what do people notice a high amount of in potd and gameplay footage? KI:U enemies. It's like how way back I complained about too many Zelda items being shown both new and old. New items is good but I'd like variety. Same problem I had when we got the Mario Bros. U Wii U stage. We already had the Mario Galaxy stage and a number of people lately and altogether have been asking for Kirby or Metroid stages and yet there are none or hardly any aside from returning stages. Some people even fear we may not get new stages for some series because all we are getting is returning stages!

Then there's the fact we already knew this? I didn't remember the Mimicutie being shown before but then again I also forgot about the KI:U stage on the 3DS with Viridi. This is the final stretch before the Japanese get their hands on the game and they can leak every bit of information to us. Sakurai can show anything he wants before that time and he chooses to show something we already know? It's a waste when he could be building up hype for the soon to come release.

There's also the fact of what he told us. Chests have good things in them? Thanks Sakurai! We really needed you to tell us that!

Plus Smash Run in general just isn't appealing to see. It's one of those things that will be more fun to play than to see. Sure every part of the game will be like that but Smash Run is outright boring to see for most people where as the main mode makes most people happy to see.

There's also that leak or whatever the **** it was? People now have that on their mind and they want it to be proven false. Every potd from now till release people are gonna want a picture debunking that thing and it sucks.

With all that being said this picture isn't exactly 'bad'. It shows Link in a pretty colour which may seem minor but it's better than constantly seeing him in green. It also at least tells us something, something obvious sure but it's better than 'look at how relaxed Wii Fit Trainer or Rosalina are'. And as @ Jords2Good Jords2Good mentioned we now know that special customizations have to be unlocked which is a pretty big deal. But all of that interesting and positive stuff is overshadowed by the negative stuff because that's more noticeable!

I may edit this later on to show how many enemies each series has in Smash Run unless someone does it for me (many thanks for whoever does). Reason for this being that maybe KI:U isn't actually being over repped and it's just in peoples minds so if we can get some actual numbers to show how repped it is some people might be more accepting of KI:U stuff. I know there's stages, characters and items to rep too but Smash Run seems to be the more noticeable one, maybe items is, idk.

Anyways, rant over. Also sorry to the mods for bringing up the you-know-what but it IS adding to the negativity that tonight had. I'll understand if I get a warning but I felt it should be mentioned.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sakurai is all about sharing the mundane. You must recover.
Haha nice. Still "you must recover" was in the beginning of the Dojo. We're on the final stretch of POTD so yeah the mundane stuff is gonna come off as annoying.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
If we hadn't had the demo, I think the first picture would have been more interesting, so for someone who didn't watch a bunch of Smash Run footage, it could very well be an interesting pic. I know we saw Mimicutie in a trailer or Direct though, so the second part isn't that helpful since it works like its source game and was already confirmed. As I said last Smash Run pic, I'd rather see other topics at this point since most of what he's showing on Smash Run was already confirmed or easy to infer.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Yeah, Sakurai is focusing too much on Smash Run lately. I know it's the 3DS exclusive mode, but I think we know enough about it and there's no need to explain it further.

But that's my opinion, and of course Sakurai will do whatever the hell he wants to, as always.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Hm... I don't know this seems more of another case of people creating expectations that were likely not going to be met.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I notice the comments and stuff

1 i figured the treasure chest would be handy both ways.

2 did you guys remember this, what stage got revealed and what character got hinted this day last year?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My only concern about all the Smash Run updates is that it could become this game's SSE: something that's only fun for a short amount of time and that players avoid like the plague afterwards. Hopefully VS Mode will have just as much replay value as it has had in the past.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Well, we got four pieces of news here: The rainbow bags with question marks on them contain Powers for use in future Smash Run playthroughs. The bags with the yellow wrench symbol on them contain custom parts for editing movesets. If you really want to find custom parts as quickly as possible, search out the treasure chests! Oh, also, Link has a new, good-looking red alt.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
My only concern about all the Smash Run updates is that it could become this game's SSE: something that's only fun for a short amount of time and that players avoid like the plague afterwards. Hopefully VS Mode will have just as much replay value as it has had in the past.
The fact that it is suppose to be played in short bursts compared to SSE which was a much longer affair will play a role in prevent Smash Run from a similar situation. If Smash Run does have the same type of problem that SSE did it will be for entirely different reasons.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well something going for Smash Run is the random element (random events and enemies - even bosses) plus 4 player fun. I can't say for sure since I haven't played it and all that but I've got lots more hope Smash Run'll always be fun. Cause even City Trial in Kirby Air Ride is still fun.

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
What i want it to be
POTD you all saw the leak so theres no hiding it heres duck hunt joining the battle along with ganondorf and game and watch.
What it will be
POTD heres a piece of info we already knew about

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
I understand your enthusiasm, guys. But uh...aren't you a bit early?
Or Maybe we are late for yesterdays. Lol i just had something in my head and didnt want to forget to post it so i posted it then and there

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I know it's early, but I'm calling it.
"Pic of the Day. This is Mr.Peepers (or, "Duck hunt Dog") He will chase a character when summoned, grab them, and hold them upside down while the other characters wail on them. Have fun!"

Extra Post
"Oh.. And of course he has his laugh you are all to familiar with!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom