• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So the latest pic of the day is now a menu screen on the game that has already been released? LOL I love Sakurai.
And has no relevance to current regions outside of Japan. :facepalm:

For a late update, this is not going to hype anyone outside of people who can already buy the game. So it's kind of a really poor day for that kind of update. The information is not bad or anything, it's just bad timing.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
At least we know the PoDs aren't finished yet. If I had to guess though, we probably won't be getting Wii U updates again until after the NA/EU 3DS release. Operation: Stalling for Time is now in full swing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
#MenuMonday. I knew Sakurai wouldn't let us down!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Was that the online update he mentioned on Friday?

That was still a really bad update to make us wait over 4 hours for though.

That should've been something useful for non-Japanese players. Like more costumes/custom specials. Or an item not shown yet.
It's just as relevant to people outside Japan as any of those things? We'll get this mode when the game comes to our respective regions, just as we'll get all the items, moves ect. when the game releases in our respective regions.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Sakurai, did you get into a fight with your wife or something? Is this just your way of apologizing to her? You have to show every menu in the game?

Wow, what a letdown that wait was.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
This wouldn't even be that bad if wasn't posted over four hours late.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's just as relevant to people outside Japan as any of those things? We'll get this mode when the game comes to our respective regions, just as we'll get all the items, moves ect. when the game releases in our respective regions.
It's not relevant for almost a month.

This pics gives non-Japanese people almost zero hype.

Sorry, but today's update was really poor. Menus are okay information, but only when we don't have to wait a severely long time for them. Today should've been something new outside of the menus. Or at least from the Wii U version. We have too little information on it. Confirming Target Tests in it would've actually be a good update instead.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It's not relevant for almost a month.

This pics gives non-Japanese people almost zero hype.

Sorry, but today's update was really poor. Menus are okay information, but only when we don't have to wait a severely long time for them. Today should've been something new outside of the menus. Or at least from the Wii U version. We have too little information on it. Confirming Target Tests in it would've actually be a good update instead.
I didn't say it was a good update at all.
You said that this is something that's only relevant to people to people in Japan, but then you listed things that are of equal relevance outside of Japan (as in they are things we don't have access to now, but will when the game is localized).
It was just a nonsensical statement.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
To be fair what kind of interesting updates can Sakurai even give us at this point? He can show the unlockable characters and some Wii U stages, but beyond that there isn't really anything of interest, he can no longer give us updates on moves, Smash Run, trophies or items because we already know everything about them. I guess we could see the return of events and maybe break the targets, tourney mode and special smash too, but I think an entirely new mode akin to Smash Run is a bit of a big deal to casually announce in a PotD, at least unless it's incredibly simple compared to Smash Run.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair what kind of interesting updates can Sakurai even give us at this point? He can show the unlockable characters and some Wii U stages, but beyond that there isn't really anything of interest, he can no longer give us updates on moves, Smash Run, trophies or items because we already know everything about them. I guess we could see the return of events and maybe break the targets, tourney mode and special smash too, but I think an entirely new mode akin to Smash Run is a bit of a big deal to casually announce in a PotD, at least unless it's incredibly simple compared to Smash Run.
Any Wii U exclusive mode would help. That's ten times more interesting than another 3DS Menu. But again, the issue was making us wait this long for this menu. I doubt many would care if it wasn't for the wait. Hence "poor timing".

I didn't say it was a good update at all.
You said that this is something that's only relevant to people to people in Japan, but then you listed things that are of equal relevance outside of Japan (as in they are things we don't have access to now, but will when the game is localized).
It was just a nonsensical statement.
It is relevant only to people in Japan. At this time. I worded it a bit badly, but I still stand by it. The update was sucky because it's worthless right now for American players. Waiting a month for it to be of note is not helpful when you make us wait over 4 hours for this weak update.

It's sucky timing no matter how you slice it. Look, I think this update sucked due to many factors. Please stop trying to tell me otherwise. You are wasting your time if you are.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So many menus, not gonna lie.
At least there's Pit and Palutena on it, so I'm okay. Besides, it's best to get the menus outta the way so we can figure out what other stuff the games offer.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
It is relevant only to people in Japan. At this time. I worded it a bit badly, but I still stand by it. The update was sucky because it's worthless right now for American players. Waiting a month for it to be of note is not helpful when you make us wait over 4 hours for this weak update.

It's sucky timing no matter how you slice it. Look, I think this update sucked due to many factors. Please stop trying to tell me otherwise. You are wasting your time if you are.
I just explicitly, directly, and unambiguously said I wasn't trying to say the post was good, at all. You also entirely missed what my actual point was.

Why do you bother replying to my posts if you don't even vaguely pay attention to them?

Eh, whatever, dropping it. It wasn't important anyway, just something I wanted to point out.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Respect to your menu-loving elders! Good thing I fell asleep. Ah well, on the next one.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Well... at least the menus aren't bad looking.

I think I should stop staying up for these and just wake up to them instead. :p

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I actually had a feeling we'd get something about Conquest mode today.

and I STILL don't understand it. Is it a specific battle or just some sort of leaderboard?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Man, I miss the days of Rosalina filler. Those were great times. Can we go back to that?

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Dear Sakurai.

Stop with the damn menus and give us something worth staying up for.

Love,

Every member on smashboards.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
I for one, welcome our new menu overlords.

But seriously, we haven't had anything interesting in quite awhile. Hopefully we'll start getting some Wii U info soon.

Or at the very least, some Wii U menus...

Staring to think that none of you even read the descriptions of the pic anymore. These are just as informative as every other pic we've gotten so far. :smirk:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Staring to think that none of you even read the descriptions of the pic anymore. These are just as informative as every other pic we've gotten so far. :smirk:
The point is that a menu is not that hype-worthy for most people.

Yeah, it's got great information. Nobody is denying that. In fact, we outright said it. But we want gameplay pictures or character information more because they generate hype far more than yet another menu.

People want more than menus, that's all. Or more specifically, something on the Wii U now.

Now, let's be fair in that this picture is for a new mode on the 3DS. It's just poor timing in this case. I just hope a trailer is left for the last couple characters...

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Dear Sakurai.

Stop with the damn menus and give us something worth staying up for.

Love,

Every member on smashboards.
Stop staying up for them. Seems simple enough.

The point is that a menu is not that hype-worthy for most people.

Yeah, it's got great information. Nobody is denying that. In fact, we outright said it. But we want gameplay pictures or character information more because they generate hype far more than yet another menu.

People want more than menus, that's all.
I'm pretty sure they are aware that this isn't a hype update or trying to make it as such, but it's something that had to be said due to the timing of the patch and beta situation with the Conquest mode. Nothing else.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm pretty sure they are aware that this isn't a hype update or trying to make it as such, but it's something that had to be said due to the timing of the patch and beta situation with the Conquest mode. Nothing else.
Sure. But it wasn't useful for American viewers who probably will have the mode from the start.

It's the fact it came so late and was yet another menu that's got peopled annoyed. If it was a Wii U menu, it wouldn't be.

No matter how you try to justify it, you're going to have to realize people are sick to death of the 3DS menus and want something else already. It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, you're just going to have to shrug and let them vent at this point. The whole "exclusive infinite demo play" and cut characters right now has gotten people on edge. Just let them be and don't worry about it. People will get over it after a while.

My main issue is that I wanted to get some sleep but now can't due to a personal errand I need to run early today(which is why the super late and imo, lame, PotD annoys me). And it's a long walk in cold weather, so... yeah.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Sure. But it wasn't useful for American viewers who probably will have the mode from the start.

It's the fact it came so late and was yet another menu that's got peopled annoyed. If it was a Wii U menu, it wouldn't be.

No matter how you try to justify it, you're going to have to realize people are sick to death of the 3DS menus and want something else already. It doesn't matter whether you're right or wrong, you're just going to have to shrug and let them vent at this point. The whole "exclusive infinite demo play" and cut characters right now has gotten people on edge. Just let them be and don't worry about it. People will get over it after a while.

My main issue is that I wanted to get some sleep but now can't due to a personal errand I need to run early today(which is why the super late and imo, lame, PotD annoys me). And it's a long walk in cold weather, so... yeah.
Your right, they can vent the point all they want, that doesn't mean others don't have the right to criticize the venting either. Works both ways.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I am no longer staying up for POTD's... I know the whole roster now. I know DHD is in the game. I don't need to lose sleep over not knowing where Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo are like a worried parent is when his/her young adult child is out late at 3 AM without calling home.

SuperGuzzi

Smash Journeyman
What really piss me off if the fact that Sakurai always show off his menus, but the character/stage selection screen in the 3DS version is the most boring and awful thing I've ever seen.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point, I am no longer staying up for POTD's... I know the whole roster now. I know DHD is in the game. I don't need to lose sleep over not knowing where Ridley, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo are like a worried parent is when his/her young adult child is out late at 3 AM without calling home.
I actually almost didn't check it this morning as it didn't even cross my mind after watching streams of the full game this weekend. My level of concern over the PoTD has taken a sharp decline even if it had started showing something from the Wii U version.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Your right, they can vent the point all they want, that doesn't mean others don't have the right to criticize the venting either. Works both ways.
Lighting a bomb ready to explode(which you are doing) is far worse than ignoring venting.

Let them vent. Ignore it. Move on.

None of the venting is causing fights if you simply just ignore it. Which is kind of easy to do right now. Shrug and move on. It's pretty obvious by now people are tired of the 3DS menus. There is no reason to ruffle their feathers. Don't like, don't read comes to mind as well. So yes, I'm suggesting you don't bother with the criticism unless you want their anger directed towards you. And to be honest, that'd be your fault for setting them on fire, not them for having legitimate anger with some of the going-ons.

The only real issue is when people refuse to stop. And that has happened. But few people do that, so there's kind of no reason to go at them anyway.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
See, this is why I wait till the morning to see the pics. Because then I don't end up disappointed when it comes in late. And to be fair, have we heard of Conquest Mode before?

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Lighting a bomb ready to explode(which you are doing) is far worse than ignoring venting.

Let them vent. Ignore it. Move on.

None of the venting is causing fights if you simply just ignore it. Which is kind of easy to do right now. Shrug and move on. It's pretty obvious by now people are tired of the 3DS menus. There is no reason to ruffle their feathers. Don't like, don't read comes to mind as well. So yes, I'm suggesting you don't bother with the criticism unless you want their anger directed towards you. And to be honest, that'd be your fault for setting them on fire, not them for having legitimate anger with some of the going-ons.

The only real issue is when people refuse to stop. And that has happened. But few people do that, so there's kind of no reason to go at them anyway.
To be frank, I'm not particularly concern with how a few angry people on a forum feel about my criticism of their issue with a give issue. Angry and emotion doesn't generally get to justify a lack of criticism, not in the real world and especially not in a public forum, if you post something in a public place it's open to criticism one way or another whether the person feels that criticism is justified or not. I always try to be as fair as possible when I resort to criticism but at the same time I don't intend to not say something just because someone might be angry or lash out at me for one I said. I'm not trying to provoke people, and if that's what people really think I'm doing, I don't really know what else to say about it.

Either way, I'll leave it alone at this point as this is drifting pretty far away of what the original criticism and discussion was to begin with.

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Holy... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a menu on the front page. It looked like a joke, like did we really get a menu picture 3 1/2 hours later than the latest picture of the day? That's it. I'm not staying up for these for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom