• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/secret02/screen-7.jpg

It's not Town & City before anyone asks. Has the same Smashville clouds, rope and the animal villager (Sable) is very low poly and has low res textures, compare her to any animal villager from Town & City (especially Mable, her sister) and you can see the major differences.
Makes me wonder... I understand they can't entirely redesign the stages from scratch, but why don't they update some of the model work or textures? at least to make them look a little better than.....that

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Dat Tower of Smash leak tho

Not saying it's confirmed, but that Smashville reveal is definitely a plus for that leak.

There's some very interesting positives going in that direction. I'll be keeping an eye on that leak a bit more from now on.

c-1

Smash Cadet
I still think Orbital Gate killed the leak.
Maybe, but most leaks I heard that were true were second or even fifth hand knowledge, so some bits may not be exact. After all, Great Fox is a part of orbital gate, and you do get to fight on it.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@BravadoMan_13
Late reply, but awesome someone here agrees with me about Waluigi. XD I do hope that Nintendo gives him a chance sometime soon. Poor guy deserves it. A Wario Bros. game would be perfect. The Intro to that Mario Tennis game proves how great those two are together.

But anyways. ^^

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
@BravadoMan_13
Late reply, but awesome someone here agrees with me about Waluigi. XD I do hope that Nintendo gives him a chance sometime soon. Poor guy deserves it. A Wario Bros. game would be perfect. The Intro to that Mario Tennis game proves how great those two are together.

But anyways. ^^
That intro makes me want a wario bros animated series

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I still think Orbital Gate killed the leak.
I would agree but

The problem is the game and wario one is kindof the same deal

Its stage is called gamer not game and wario

This is the same concept of gemusatu saying a pokemon from X/Y

I apologize for the double post but...

Im not sure when a secret newcomer is going to be shown but

The duck hunt dog trailer should show if the shooting range stage is correct or not should be a picture with that or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Facebook Page accidentally(?) leaked a new Kirby stage. Great Cave Offensive apparently.

Is it me or does Sakurai hate the games that he didn't make? No reference to Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe. Also no Bandana Dee trophy.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Facebook Page accidentally(?) leaked a new Kirby stage. Great Cave Offensive apparently.

Is it me or does Sakurai hate the games that he didn't make? No reference to Kirby's Return to Dreamland or Triple Deluxe. Also no Bandana Dee trophy.
Hold it hold

Whats the castle doing in the background then couldent that be the castle of mt dedede in the background

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
We did still get the Ultra Sword as Kirby's final smash, I'm sure if he actually hated the new games he'd simply have gone all out and kept Cooking Kirby. He willingly passed on the reins to HAL, so I can't imagine why he'd hold a grudge against newer titles. Triple Deluxe was also released rather late, so can't blame him for not repping that.

Personally I'm very happy that we're getting another Super Star stage, it has the most iconic content to draw from after all.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
English Caption's up:
Pic of the day. Conquest mode is now open to overseas players. This is when things finally get serious. We've increased the frequency for updates, too. The Global Smash Power rankings will get interesting with more players involved. Connect online, and keep updating your status. This screenshot is the result from the last Conquest challenge. (image is from the Japanese version)

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Well...I still don't have idea of how Conquest or the GSP works

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
English Caption's up:

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Well...I still don't have idea of how Conquest or the GSP works
wow.... just wow... and I still don't have even the slightest idea of what this mode actually even is.
Conquest just rates how people play once every once in a while. Playing as Villager will give points to his side, regardless of who he fights. Obviously, winning gives more points. After it's done you can check out the previous results for rewards for contribution.

GSP is a ranking for specific modes. A GSP of 10,000 means you're ahead of 10,000 players.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Literally like 7 PotD's ago we got the same thing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So we're still getting 3DS pics after release, heh.

Though I'm more interested in that stage leak. It seems to be a Great Cave Offensive... will Return to Dreamland even get anything outside Kirby's Final Smash?

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So we're still getting 3DS pics after release, heh.

Though I'm more interested in that stage leak. It seems to be a Great Cave Offensive... will Return to Dreamland even get anything outside Kirby's Final Smash?
I guess this is just for an announcement that this mode is added to the overseas version (even though we got this before game's release unlike Japan that got it a day or so later) I hope Wii U continues to get a strong focus though...

Hard to say, hopefully we'll get a 2nd Kirby stage. I would like RtD or Epic Yarn as the 2nd choice. On the bright side, this kind of helps balance out Classic and Modern stages just a bit.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I honestly don't mind given how Kirby Super Star is arguably the best Kirby game of them all. I wonder if any of the bosses will appear like Fatty Whale or Wham Bam Rock?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I honestly don't mind given how Kirby Super Star is arguably the best Kirby game of them all. I wonder if any of the bosses will appear like Fatty Whale or Wham Bam Rock?
Im only wondering that if the stage is more than great cave offense but dyna blade is in super star so thats a possiblity if its a transformation/tour stage

If its a tour stage thats another one for tower of smash because kirby super star indeed has mt dedede

But if its only great cave offense and not a tour of the other parts of kirby super star its dead

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
...Why do I feel like the only person who thinks the stage is a DK stage?
The reason I think and why some others do as well as the building in the background looks significantly like the Old Tower from Great Cave Offensive.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
...Why do I feel like the only person who thinks the stage is a DK stage?
I was hoping but the mine cart sadly looks nothing like any DK mine cart but it looks identical to the mine cart from "The Great Cave Offensive" in "Kirby SuperStar"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The reason I think and why some others do as well as the building in the background looks significantly like the Old Tower from Great Cave Offensive.

There's a resemblance, but it looks more like DK. They're both castles with minecarts, but DK's forts are blue colored like in the picture, and then there's the gold rails that resemble the golden temples.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There's a resemblance, but it looks more like DK. They're both castles with minecarts, but DK's forts are blue colored like in the picture, and then there's the gold rails that resemble the golden temples.
The minecart is a Kirby's Super Star minecart.
The castle is a grayish gold-brown color, not blue, and has the same shapes and features as the GCO Old Tower. It only looks blue in part of the picture because that part of the picture is showing the part of the castle that's in the darkness, but the light shows the color. Even in the dark part of the picture, it's not very blue. It even looks like it's in a large cave, supporting that it's the GCO tower/castle.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The minecart is a Kirby's Super Star minecart.
The castle is a grayish gold-brown color, not blue, and has the same shapes and features as the GCO Old Tower. It only looks blue in part of the picture because that part of the picture is showing the part of the castle that's in the darkness, but the light shows the color. Even in the dark part of the picture, it's not very blue. It even looks like it's in a large cave, supporting that it's the GCO tower/castle.
The DK minecart would have to be redesigned since it's an inconvenient shape, the gold-brown color is from the torch and there's a similar effect in DK, the forts and a castle are similar, and more then a few of the stages in DKCTF's world 6 were in caves very similar to this.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The DK minecart would have to be redesigned since it's an inconvenient shape, the gold-brown color is from the torch and there's a similar effect in DK, the forts and a castle are similar, and more then a few of the stages in DKCTF's world 6 were in caves very similar to this.
Ok, then. I'm still leaning towards it being GCO, but I'll keep my mind open for the possibility for a new DK stage. DK does need a new stage, although Kirby needs a Wii U stage, too. (Not just Halberd.)

However, I don't see why they would re-design the DK minecart to look like a Kirby minecart. I honestly don't own very many DK games, only a few or so, but I did google to see what the DK minecarts were like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom