• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
When thinking about "trends" when it comes to characters revealed, we start by looking back at Olimar's reveal due to Pikmin 3 being close to released (though it's already released in JP).

So now that we look at 2 Pit photos in a row with the first one being a newly revealed stage which happens to be Ch.11 featuring the Reset Bomb Forest (well, not just yet), it might be a sign for KI goodness. However, I feel like said KI goodness, such as a Palutena reveal should not be til around March 22 or 23 of next year to celebrate the 2-year anniversary of Kid Icarus Uprising. But hey, if that comes sooner, then that's even better.
This is me just speculating based on what's on the photos. Til then, I'd love to see more of the new KI stage and the way it will change.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
All I hope to see in the next few days is pictures of Wii Fit, Villager, and Olimar on the 3DS. Since it's the one I'm getting, I need to make sure they look slick.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
All I hope to see in the next few days is pictures of Wii Fit, Villager, and Olimar on the 3DS. Since it's the one I'm getting, I need to make sure they look slick.
They probably look lower res and with a black outline like the rest of the cast.

ForsakenProto

Smash Cadet
When thinking about "trends" when it comes to characters revealed, we start by looking back at Olimar's reveal due to Pikmin 3 being close to released (though it's already released in JP).

So now that we look at 2 Pit photos in a row with the first one being a newly revealed stage which happens to be Ch.11 featuring the Reset Bomb Forest (well, not just yet), it might be a sign for KI goodness. However, I feel like said KI goodness, such as a Palutena reveal should not be til around March 22 or 23 of next year to celebrate the 2-year anniversary of Kid Icarus Uprising. But hey, if that comes sooner, then that's even better.
This is me just speculating based on what's on the photos. Til then, I'd love to see more of the new KI stage and the way it will change.
If tomorrows has any sort of Kid Icarus reference in it, im going to go with there being something coming soon for the KI universe. I'd still say Magnus would be one of my preferred KI reps, I like the Gods, dont get me wrong, but I see them as sort of on this "pedestal" if you wish to consider it that, in terms of their place in the Smash Universe

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Villager Right Back At'cha! That needs to be a show. He could murder people it could be like dexter.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I know that's what I was referencing. I loved this show lol.
I love that show too. I spent all of last summer watching every single episode. My only complaint.
No one in that show knows what kneecaps are.
Lol that opening was my favorite part, but DeDeDe's accent was just too much
What kind of accent do you expect from a complete jerkface?

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
I wish he would have revealed the 64 cast first.
I wonder if Luigi will be revealed when Mario and Luigi Dream Team releases? Or did it already in Japan?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
I wish he would have revealed the 64 cast first.
I wonder if Luigi will be revealed when Mario and Luigi Dream Team releases? Or did it already in Japan?
It has been released in Japan. My Brawl Dojo experience tells me that Luigi, CF, Jiggs and Ness will only be revealed when Smash 4 is out, because they'll be unlockables.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If the next pic is anything to do with Blaziken, I will die happy. I doubt it though since it is a 3rd gen pokemon. Would anyone want to see a sixth gen Pokemon trainer?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As in, Hoh-Koh-Tayt? Or Haw-Ko-Tayt?

And what's your source? I'm just curious =] Do they say it in the game?
The former. Tbh, I'm just guessing. Then again, that's how I'm gonna pronounce it til it says otherwise.

Rinnin

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2492-4645-8842
Does anyone know the correct pronunciation of "Hocotate"?
Quickly popping in this thread to point out that 'Hocotate' is pronounced 'Ho-ko-tah-tay' in Japanese, going by Japanese pronunciations. It was based off of Nintendo of Japan's headquarters address.

It doesn't have an official English pronunciation, but a lot of people just pronounce it as 'Ho-ko-tayt'.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The reason I insist that the three pikmin "theory" is illogical is something I've explained a few times. Seeing a ton of pictures with three or fewer pikmin doesn't mean anything; there's fairly little rhyme or reason to the pictures we see, and some elements are shown a lot while others are not shown (think about how many pictures we have of Rush but none of Mega Man's up air despite the fact that uair was publicly shown in the Mario vs Mega Man match so it's not even supposed to be a secret). There's no direct evidence to prove that Olimar can pull four or more pikmin, but there is seriously not a single reason to believe that he can't either. I already made a thorough post before explaining why the commonly suggested technical limitation reason is totally bunk and further why as a design decision three pikmin only makes no sense.

Also, no, there's no reason to assume he's down to three. I know some of you guys don't really know the technical side of this very well, but Olimar's pikmin are not analagous to Nana in any real way. They're more analagous to the projectiles Link can spawn than characters (and programmed the same way as Link's projectiles in Brawl); they're incredibly simple, and you could probably handle several dozen of them before it was as burdensome as a single character (wih the added benefit that Olimar has a relatively simple character model and no additional articles). The 3DS is also not nearly as weak as some people believe; it's actually a more powerful system than the Wii. Either way, when he said multi-character characters, among veterans the only ones that qualify are Pokemon Trainer (though the background character is VERY simple and wouldn't pose a huge problem, still far more complex than a pikmin) and Ice Climbers so I suspect that his use of the plural may refer to some newcomer concept that's giving them a lot of trouble. I understand how from real world logic Olimar might seem to be included, but from a technical standpoint he's just not especially since we've already seen that the 3DS uses scaled down models versus the Wii U so if Olimar were really giving them problems they could just remove detail from the pikmin until they were very easy to render (the HD pikmin in the Wii U version are quite nice looking, but we know they won't look like that on 3DS).

From a gameplay standpoint as well, three makes no sense because Olimar has a confirmed to return move that uses two. If Olimar has a full stock of pikmin and does two down smashes in a row, will he only get one side of the attack on the second one in your hypothetical version of the game? That would be super awkward and would make playing the character just plain weird in a bad way; I don't think Sakurai would have left any multi-pikmin use moves in the game if he were really reducing it to three because it's just too bad for gameplay. I suppose there's no direct evidence that he didn't make this bizarre design decision, but there's not a single reason whatsoever to believe he did and several logical reasons to believe he didn't so the speculation to this effect is just silly. I didn't mean to go in so hard on this point, but seriously, if you believe this to be true you're very misinformed.
On the other hand, it's nice to get a little more of that stage, but we still have no real idea how it is laid out other than that it clearly has a platform. I'd sure like to know!

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Thank you so much Ampharos for that. I am glad that people know the 3DS isn't as weak as it is portrayed. Of course it will have limitations, but it won't limit it to where it will do things like a three pikmin limitation. If Olimar did (by some crazy chance) have only 3 Pikmin, I doubt it will have anything to do with the 3DS's limitations. And if it was because of that, wouldn't you think that he would still add 6 Pikmin to the Wii U version? Same with the IC duo. If you could only get one on the 3DS, I bet you would still get two on the Wii U. And you know what that means?! The 3DS won't be able to do chaingrabs!!! That is, if they don't remove the ability to chaingrab on the Wii U.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I wasn't one way or the other before about the whole 3-Pikmin shindig, but I gotta say, it's starting to be a lot more suspiciously towards pro-3 for me.

I mean, yeah, we don't have any direct word that we're only limited to three, but literally every single Pikmin picture has shown us a limit of three. One is happenstance, two is coincidence, three is suspicious, four or more is a pattern... And we've certainly got plenty more than four photos to show that.

Lest we not forget that on the Brawl Dojo, Olimar was immediately shown with 5 Pikmin to show off all five types. There wouldn't be any reason why Sakurai wouldn't do that again if he could. Even after reading Ampharos' post, I'm still not convinced that it's any other way. Sorry. Unless we get proof otherwise, 3-Pikmin limit seems the case. Insisting there is more has just as much merit as claiming Bowser Jr. as playable at this point: Possible to happen, but impossible to currently prove.

Parasol

Smash Cadet
The reason I insist that the three pikmin "theory" is illogical is something I've explained a few times. Seeing a ton of pictures with three or fewer pikmin doesn't mean anything; there's fairly little rhyme or reason to the pictures we see, and some elements are shown a lot while others are not shown (think about how many pictures we have of Rush but none of Mega Man's up air despite the fact that uair was publicly shown in the Mario vs Mega Man match so it's not even supposed to be a secret). There's no direct evidence to prove that Olimar can pull four or more pikmin, but there is seriously not a single reason to believe that he can't either. I already made a thorough post before explaining why the commonly suggested technical limitation reason is totally bunk and further why as a design decision three pikmin only makes no sense.

On the other hand, it's nice to get a little more of that stage, but we still have no real idea how it is laid out other than that it clearly has a platform. I'd sure like to know!

I'm not claiming that it's either way, but from what I figure, the problem in having six Pikmin wouldn't be due to hardware limitations but rather the screen's small size. Sakurai has already mentioned that it's a bit tricky to make out characters and objects on the 3DS version, hence why all the characters are bordered in black. I imagine having four Olimars with all six Pikmin jumbled up would cause some serious confusion, and from what I know of Sakurai, he would want to avoid that as much as possible.

I really don't care either way. I don't see what the big deal would be if he was limited to three. You fellas keep your debate strong, though. It's good entertainment. (Same reason why I love it when someone even so much as mentions Ridley in threads.)

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Another picture that doesn't show anything other than giving the 3 Pikmin speculators something to argue about again :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom