• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Oh I'm not worried about the long term product. Sm4sh will be awesome no doubt and I'll more than likely buy a Wii U just to play it. But with the Brawl Dojo we had fun little blurbs about everything, like the stages and characters. Hell, we even got a fun little "how to play" page (you must recover!) to laugh at. But this Dojo is just straight up pictures, and 99% of them are boring as hell and completely uninformative. They also show so little about the game that we can hardly speculate anything from them, which is most of why I enjoyed the Brawl Dojo in the first place. I'd much rather have exciting weekly updates than ****ty daily updates. Pre-Brawl, I would check the Dojo obsessively every day in hopes of something new. Hell, I'd even read through all of the pages dozens of times in between updates. But this Dojo... I check it out like once every week or two. It's just so boring.
Yeah, I hear you. With Brawl, we started with a handful of stages, a couple of characters, and a Nintendog, and within a year's time, we began to see the game develop before our eyes on the Dojo. With SSB4, I still can't see where the game is going because we know so little, two months into the game's trailer unveil. Will it focus on modern titles more than older titles? With the exception of Mega Man, it sure looks like it. But I could be surprised....BUT I WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE WE KNOW SO LITTLE.

I guess I'm trying to rehabilitate myself to be grateful for what we're being given. But in actuality, I'm waiting it out until Sakurai throws the fans a bone.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Yeah, I hear you. With Brawl, we started with a handful of stages, a couple of characters, and a Nintendog, and within a year's time, we began to see the game develop before our eyes on the Dojo. With SSB4, I still can't see where the game is going because we know so little, two months into the game's trailer unveil. Will it focus on modern titles more than older titles? With the exception of Mega Man, it sure looks like it. But I could be surprised....BUT I WOULDN'T KNOW THAT BECAUSE WE KNOW SO LITTLE.

I guess I'm trying to rehabilitate myself to be grateful for what we're being given. But in actuality, I'm waiting it out until Sakurai throws the fans a bone.
^This is basically how every fan feels right now

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
What disappoints me is that there's no archive on the site for the Miiverse picture of the day, but what I'm more surprised about is that someone hasn't created their own Dojo to update with the stuff we get. Stages and whatnot. Rather than a collective post. That would be fun to see.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I don't see how he could see it as anything other than glorious. Seeing as he has, y'know, an imagination.
Also I'm not sure Sakurai knows how to punctuate a sentence without laughing so if nothing else it is implied that he finds it to be funny.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
What disappoints me is that there's no archive on the site for the Miiverse picture of the day, but what I'm more surprised about is that someone hasn't created their own Dojo to update with the stuff we get. Stages and whatnot. Rather than a collective post. That would be fun to see.
I was working on something like that,will post it here if I ever get time to get it done and enough ppl want it

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
WAIT
SAMUS WAS BORN IN 1986
LINK AND PIT WERE SHOWN TOO
TAKAMARU WAS BORN IN 1986 BUT WASNT SHOWN
THE CAPTION IS "MYSTERIOUS WARRIOR"
TAKAMARU'S GAME IS "NAZO NO MURASAME JO", OR THE MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE.

WALUIGI CONFIRMED!

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
WAIT
SAMUS WAS BORN IN 1986
LINK AND PIT WERE SHOWN TOO
TAKAMARU WAS BORN IN 1986 BUT WASNT SHOWN
THE CAPTION IS "MYSTERIOUS WARRIOR"
TAKAMARU'S GAME IS "NAZO NO MURASAME JO", OR THE MYSTERIOUS MURASAME CASTLE.

WALUIGI CONFIRMED!

Wait what? Wat? *Brain attempts to process information*

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I was almost expecting a "Half Life 3 confirmed" joke

Yeah I had to throw this in because I'm tired of people bringing up half life 3 when this in a smash bros thread... A little out of place wouldn't you say?
Oh I'm not worried about the long term product. Sm4sh will be awesome no doubt and I'll more than likely buy a Wii U just to play it. But with the Brawl Dojo we had fun little blurbs about everything, like the stages and characters. Hell, we even got a fun little "how to play" page (you must recover!) to laugh at. But this Dojo is just straight up pictures, and 99% of them are boring as hell and completely uninformative. They also show so little about the game that we can hardly speculate anything from them, which is most of why I enjoyed the Brawl Dojo in the first place. I'd much rather have exciting weekly updates than ****ty daily updates. Pre-Brawl, I would check the Dojo obsessively every day in hopes of something new. Hell, I'd even read through all of the pages dozens of times in between updates. But this Dojo... I check it out like once every week or two. It's just so boring.
This is entirely in my opinion so don't gang up on me but you sound like a "back in my day" grandpa internet meme. I could literally take a part of what you said and slap it on a "back in my day" grandpa meme. I won't though because I'm above that. Hard to believe right? But anyways... Are you saying that you dislike smashboards? I'm sorry but that is what I am getting from your replies. That you like the brawl dojo and think smashboards is ****. Or maybe your referring to smashbros.com IDK but I just want to clarify this. Do you hate smashboards?

On a related note this video is related to today's smash 4 photo. If you ask how then you will be sent back to magic kindergarten.

I'm telling you guys Samus is krumping!

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
When I visit the smashbros site, I keep seeing the mega upper pic of megaman and mario from friday. And I see miiverse pics keep coming regardless. The **** is going on.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
You're probably the last person I'd expect to hear this from

By the way, I don't know what you're talking about, this is the first time I've seen a HF3 reference on this thread.
Your kidding right?
Not gonna lie, I have ballsy ideas for Plusle and Minun and Pichu that could make both of them (conceptually) awesome.

However, I don't do movesets (really), but rather character concepts and how they function, which I feel are more to the point.

False, this confirms a tri-fecta.

Half-Life 2: Episode 3, Left 4 Dead 3, and Portal 3 confirmed.

Oh, and Half-Life 1: Episode 3, Halo Reach 3 (2 doesn't need to exist for a 3rd game): and Halo 3: 3.

Edit: THIS IS EPIC!!!! The Villaer's up B confirmed=???
3 Pikmin 3 days in a row

Half-Life 3 confirmed.
Oh and on another note this won't be the only time I surprise you Curmudgeon I can see into my crystal ball that in 10 years time you will be my employee. Muhahahahahahhahahaa!
On another note
I WANT A NEW BOWSER PICTURE!

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Your kidding right?

Oh and on another note this won't be the only time I surprise you Curmudgeon I can see into my crystal ball that in 10 years time you will be my employee. Muhahahahahahhahahaa!
On another note
I WANT A NEW BOWSER PICTURE!

Uh, well the 3rd time I've seen a Half-Life 3 reference... wait a second, 3rd reference = HF3 confirmed?

I quit in advance

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
When I visit the smashbros site, I keep seeing the mega upper pic of megaman and mario from friday. And I see miiverse pics keep coming regardless. The **** is going on.

Right click on the mouse and press "reload" page on the smash website.

peeup

Smash Lord
This is entirely in my opinion so don't gang up on me but you sound like a "back in my day" grandpa internet meme. I could literally take a part of what you said and slap it on a "back in my day" grandpa meme. I won't though because I'm above that. Hard to believe right? But anyways... Are you saying that you dislike smashboards? I'm sorry but that is what I am getting from your replies. That you like the brawl dojo and think smashboards is ****. Or maybe your referring to smashbros.com IDK but I just want to clarify this. Do you hate smashboards?
Haha nooo far from it, I lurk these boards way more than is healthy. It's the new Dojo that I hate, though hate is a strong word. It just pales in comparison to the Brawl Dojo, and if saying that makes me sound like a crotchety old man, then I guess I'm a crotchety old man. But also I'm 19 so don't call me old because I'm already freaking out about it.

The only way the Sm4sh Dojo could live up to the Brawl Dojo is if we get a cool video for each newcomer as we did for Villager, MegaMan, and WFT. I remember hearing somewhere that this would be the case, but we haven't had a reasonable update in God knows how long, I have no way of knowing if it's true or not.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Haha nooo far from it, I lurk these boards way more than is healthy. It's the new Dojo that I hate, though hate is a strong word. It just pales in comparison to the Brawl Dojo, and if saying that makes me sound like a crotchety old man, then I guess I'm a crotchety old man. But also I'm 19 so don't call me old because I'm already freaking out about it.

The only way the Sm4sh Dojo could live up to the Brawl Dojo is if we get a cool video for each newcomer as we did for Villager, MegaMan, and WFT. I remember hearing somewhere that this would be the case, but we haven't had a reasonable update in God knows how long, I have no way of knowing if it's true or not.
And the first fan starts to crack down...

Parasol

Smash Cadet
What's the deal with ****ty and forced image macros in this thread? Can't you guys just wait to post until you have something to talk about?

Kirby is looking godlike in his new color palette. HD is treating him well. Surprisingly, I'd say that he received the biggest visual upgrade out of anyone so far. Samus looks cool, too, but damnit Sakurai, what's with all the clipping?

vicgur

Smash Ace
The thing is, it's not a Dojo. Far from it. We still don't have a Dojo and we might not even have one, by the looks of it.
So don't go complaining about the poor website. At least it's better than Brawl's pre-Dojo.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I like seeing the new screenshots every day. We don't always get something new, but they're usually cool and frequently funny. I mean, he doesn't HAVE to post anything if he doesn't want to, so whatever. We're not getting as much as we did last time.

The only thing I'm a little disappointed with is the Stages don't have their own section on the page. I want to know the names of some of them, at least.

vicgur

Smash Ace
One thing I keep repeating over and over about the website is that I actually prefer the way he is showing the game, this time.
He shows new stuff every now and then, but never revealing too much.

By the time Brawl came up, I knew everything about that godamm game. At least this time I'll have the chance to discover new things.

Also, I agree with mr. Stupendous. Kirby is pretty as duck.

Also those image macros that mr. WhiteBowser keep spamming are terrible. [no offense]

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I personally like the way this Smash Bros. site is set up compared to the dojo.

For Brawl's dojo, I think Sakurai revealed TOO much, so when the game finally released, we pretty much knew what to expect. I think part of the genuine experience of a game like Smash Bros is to search through and find secrets and discover different modes and things like that on your own. That's what I loved about Melee so much.

With this website, all he's revealing are the characters and a few stages. Nothing more.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I think it's hilarious that everyone keeps asking for Kirby hats and then doesn't say thank you when Sakurai finally gives them to you!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I think it's hilarious that everyone keeps asking for Kirby hats and then doesn't say thank you when Sakurai finally gives them to you!

We don't say thank you because he's a dirty Sakurai and likes it that way...

He has a seriously good point guys...

It must be hard for them to show those too, I expect things like Kirby's hats all have to be programmed almost near last for most without special exceptions. (Think of why Kirby isn't in Project M yet.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Damn! Why did I say Kirby would use his hammer? I could have just said Kirby would have been in it! They would have treated me like a King! A god! Anyway....

I can see why people are getting tired of pictures like this. Personally, I would be fine if each day was a picture of a couple characters in the middle of a match, instead of pictures like today where it is just Kirby clipping into Samus. It reminds me of the picture where WFT and Mario were jumping and it looked like WFT was grabbing Mario.

Tommorrows forecast is Link with a chance of bombs.
Can't give up...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Ya'll realize today's pic was a reference back to Melee... Right?

WAVEDASHING CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4!!!

But seriously, let the man have a little fun, he does a ton of work with a bad injury. Let him make a joke and reference some Melee!

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Ya'll realize today's pic was a reference back to Melee... Right?

WAVEDASHING CONFIRMED FOR SMASH 4!!!

But seriously, let the man have a little fun, he does a ton of work with a bad injury. Let him make a joke and reference some Melee!
Injury? Sakurai Isn't made of indestructible awesome? What is said injury?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Not necessarily a Melee reference, this could be and mostly was done in N64 as well.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
More specifically, what's the issue?

I'll let him tell you:

"I think the one word I've said the most this year, by far, is 'Ow!'" he wrote. "Not only am I getting calcific tendonitis, but they've also found what are apparently several ruptures in the muscles. My upper arm hurts, and there's this chronic dull pain in my elbow joint as well. On the lower arm, there's this feeling of fatigue around the flexor muscles that turns into pain when I use a keyboard or game controller with my fingers.
"There's no instant cure for it, so all I can do is either block the pain with injections or put my arm in a cast to keep the ruptures from spreading. I was told that the important thing was to keep my arm as rested as possible. In order to get it fully healed, the only thing is to not use my right arm or hand. So not only am I using a trackball with my left hand; now I'm using it to eat, brush my teeth, wash my hair, and even drive as much as I'm able to."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/27/4035046/why-masahiro-sakurais-bum-right-arm-is-hindering-work-on-the-new

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'll let him tell you:

"I think the one word I've said the most this year, by far, is 'Ow!'" he wrote. "Not only am I getting calcific tendonitis, but they've also found what are apparently several ruptures in the muscles. My upper arm hurts, and there's this chronic dull pain in my elbow joint as well. On the lower arm, there's this feeling of fatigue around the flexor muscles that turns into pain when I use a keyboard or game controller with my fingers.
"There's no instant cure for it, so all I can do is either block the pain with injections or put my arm in a cast to keep the ruptures from spreading. I was told that the important thing was to keep my arm as rested as possible. In order to get it fully healed, the only thing is to not use my right arm or hand. So not only am I using a trackball with my left hand; now I'm using it to eat, brush my teeth, wash my hair, and even drive as much as I'm able to."

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/27/4035046/why-masahiro-sakurais-bum-right-arm-is-hindering-work-on-the-new
Well, at least he's been able to feel positive enough to troll us with that "Space Warrior" thing :) .

Edit: The comments there are so asinine:
"Now he knows what it feels like to play Kid Icarus!"
"Karma."
"Maybe sakurai needs a “right hand man”….trololol"
"Honestly, after Melee, I’ve seen this man as nothing but an impediment to the series. Let him go, Nintendo! There’s no reason HAL couldn’t have developed this game (or Brawl) without him."
"Well, I try to be calm and relaxed… but whenever I remember Sakurai is on board then I get worried again, you know, because of Brawl."

I know, I know: "Welcome to the internet" and all the other super creative and original insults, but COME ON!

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Sakurai is so cool, he can play 2 separate characters in Smash Bros, take daily pictures, ride a bicycle, eat lunch and pet his cat all at the same time with just one hand. And you people want him to write daily updates, how considerate of you. :glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom