• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Nah, even as big a Ridley supporter as I am I don't really take the Olimar & Kirby picture as a hint towards Ridley, for all we know Sakurai probably doesn't even know about the "too big" hilarity since Ridley's support is primarily outside of Japan, he's probably only looked at polls from over here and not much more. However, it's still a nod to how little size matters in a Nintendo Spin-Off series, which a lot of people seem to forget.

I certainly don't believe this is a hint towards anything but it is nice to throw in the face of the "too biggers" if only to let them know Sakurai is aware of a characters canon size and it matters not.

Though I'd argue after miiverse Sakurai and his team are well aware of the "too big" argument. Every picture of Ridley I draw or have seen is consumed with the argument. Every time someone types the word Ridley the arguments flair up. If Sakurai's team really does read everything like he said, oh they know. Still that doesn't mean much either because Ridley's fate of at least being attempted was decided long before E3.

Now get on Miiverse and demand a roll attack for Donkey Kong! Find Romancedawn and support those pictures!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I certainly don't believe this is a hint towards anything but it is nice to throw in the face of the "too biggers" if only to let them know Sakurai is aware of a characters canon size and it matters not.

Though I'd argue after miiverse Sakurai and his team are well aware of the "too big" argument. Every picture of Ridley I draw or have seen is consumed with the argument. Every time someone types the word Ridley the arguments flair up. If Sakurai's team really does read everything like he said, oh they know. Still that doesn't mean much either because Ridley's fate of at least being attempted was decided long before E3.

Now get on Miiverse and demand a roll attack for Donkey Kong! Find Romancedawn and support those pictures!
Oh yeah, the Miiverse. Then no doubt that the word has reached him. Still, I wouldn't dig too deep into it. Can still be used as a counter-argument by us fans though.

TheBakonBitz

Smash Journeyman
Why are people so concerned with a one a month thing. Sakurai doesn't have to reveal all the characters before launch. He could leave 5-10 a secret. I would accually prefer that, but I would like him to throw a two in a month to spice things up.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
what hints? I'm curious.
What IsmaR said, plus pretty much every time a character in Smash is a size inconsistent with their canon size, while not a hint, it obviously shows the resizeability of characters to make them more amenable to playability.

Plus if anything Sakurai has shown that he's more concerned with Ridley's speed over his size.

off topic: And since when did yew become a mod?
I'm a mod?! :eek:

:troll:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
It was stated that each character will be revealed once per month.
Next time, i want Meta Knight or Peach or Zelda for SSB4.
Anyone agrees?

And Olimar is taller than Kirby.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
The update got me hype for some reason. It was 100% certain he'd return, so I dunno why, but GO WEEGEE. Welcome back.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Nooooooooo his dash attack might be still the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Is there any nintendo franchise coming out in September? If so, you can bet the next character will be part of that franchise

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Olimar has a deep voice and a wife and kids so I assume he is a adult on his planet, Kirby on the other hand has a child like personality. So a adult being bigger then a "child" doesn't seem that big of a deal even if Olimar is small.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yeah, the once per month thing will probably only hold true for a little while. If we go by the "character are released when their games are" theory, then Mid-October to Late November is gonna be busy.
Not to mention that a lot of the characters I just mentioned like King Dedede and ZSS don't have any related releases lined up for the rest of this year and September is a big hole for first/second party releases.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So, are you guys ready for about two weeks of only Luigi pictures?
I for one will look forward to it. Hopefully we will see daily pics that show off of his moves, and maybe we can see Poltergust implementation in his specials or grab.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Ridley is too big. He was only small in the first game due to hardware limitations. Bowser has legitimate resizing. He has been big, small, medium, and slot of them refer to him only being a bit bigger than mario

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ridley is too big. He was only small in the first game due to hardware limitations. Bowser has legitimate resizing. He has been big, small, medium, and slot of them refer to him only being a bit bigger than mario
Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate resize, the playable body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the resizer and not attacking the character.

JayTheBrainMann

Smash Cadet

Olimar is too small. He's only the size of a U.S. quarter.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Luigi is possibly the funniest character revealed yet, I'm looking forward to the pictures
Agreed! I predict Luigi doing his "spike" taunt. I was hoping for a new character since it's my birthday tmrw, but Luigi a day early is just as awesome!

wavedashing and shuffling pleeeease. and i really hope they take out tripping
Idk why but this made me laugh so hard.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
wavedashing and shuffling pleeeease. and i really hope they take out tripping
Well good for you you want wavedashing to return thanks for that random comment (I couldn't give less of a **** about wave dashing but whatever keep on dreaming :p) but more importantly tripping was already confirmed to be removed. Carry on good sir.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
"A REAL pic of the day--Luigi joins the battle! In prior games, we've never introduced Luigi before release, but why not? This is the 'Year of Luigi,' after all."
- Masahiro Sakurai

Maybe he's hinting Luigi will be unlockable again?
It would be epic if Luigi was starter and Mario was unlockable.

Good point
And what about Dedede? A child if I've e
Well you know, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, well how do you, how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question. First of all, from what I understand from doctors, that's really rare. If it's a legitimate resize, the playable body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let's assume that maybe that didn't work or something. I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the resizer and not attacking the character.
Objection!
There are three things about Smash I will change if I become CEO:
1. Resizing laws
2. Gooey's absence from the roster
3. uhhh...well...it's...uhhh...hmm...
woops, I forgot what that third one is, but I'll make sure to fix it
[protip: V V V V]

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Any glimpse at his moveset is welcome. Maybe even a Poltergust if we're lucky?
Luigi Tornado has been changed to his Dair. His down-B is now Poltergust, which is used to blow streams of ghosts at your opponents. The ghosts push your opponents back but don't cause damage.

:troll:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
And what about Dedede? A child if I've e

Objection!
There are three things about Smash I will change if I become CEO:
1. Resizing laws
2. Gooey's absence from the roster
3. uhhh...well...it's...uhhh...hmm...
woops, I forgot what that third one is, but I'll make sure to fix it
[protip: V V V V]
Oops.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
Well today's update came much more earlier than the last couple :o

What kind of move do you think this is?
Taunt?
Special?

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
Well today's update came much more earlier than the last couple :o

What kind of move do you think this is?
Taunt?
Special?
I definitely think this is a taunt, but there's no way to be sure. It seems too weird to add a motionless ability to her "super fit" moveset. It could also be her neutral special I guess? But my real guess is a taunt.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think it may be that the stage is interactive like warioware but more.... palatable. Also isn't that the breathing exercise from wii fit?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
*Opens Website*
"Oh hey is that the Wii Fit Trainer taunti-"
*Sees Challenger Approaching*
*Spits Cereal All Over Monitor*
GO WEEGEE GO WEGEE GO!

Kymnosk

Smash Cadet
NNID
MutedSound1111
This has to be a special. Besides she already has 3 taunts were she stretches and they only revealed 2 specials, the hoola hoops and the ball with maybe the light thing being her 3rd. It would only make sense for this to be a special, probably a reflector too, something like Gardevoir had in brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom