• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Posting "Get back on topic" over and over again is counter-productive. The previous mod already said it, so just drop it now.

The only thing I'm truly curious about at this point is whether we'll get more than one Miiverse update before the week ends. Seems likely, but weird if we get 2 only 7 hours apart.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm sure that Sakurai will have SOMETHING Smash related in the Direct, so supposing it's a character I'm sure we'll end up getting an updated pic on Miiverse/the main site after the Direct and at the normally scheduled time. If however the info is just a release date or something like that, I'm only expecting the pic to be updated on Friday.

Dairz

Smash Ace
On the topic of Peach's rainbow, its very hard to tell what attack it is. She could be airborne, but she also could just be on the middle platform. The fact that shining lights are at the end of each rainbow, gives me the impression that the move would go from left to right, in an arc, exactly like Zelda's up tilt. This is supported by Peach's hand being directly in one of the lights, and I doubt they would give Peach a move very similar to Zelda's, so it being an ariel makes more sense.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I just realized something.

Since this direct is technically tomorrow in japan, does that mean that the real pic of the day that likely results from it will actually just be Friday's pic of the day astoundingly early? I don't really want to lose a Friday pic, guys.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Since this direct is technically tomorrow in japan, does that mean that the real pic of the day that likely results from it will actually just be Friday's pic of the day astoundingly early? I don't really want to lose a Friday pic, guys.
I wouldn't mind losing a friday pic if we got a character reveal

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I wouldn't mind losing a friday pic if we got a character reveal

Specifically... PALUTENA!! :troll:

True dat.

I would give up two weeks of PotDs for a full length, unedited match. I wouldn't even care if it was just Mario and Link in battlefield.
Same here. I'd love to see a Villager VS. Pikachu match. Or and Olimar Vs. Sonic...

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

I doubt it because the timing is still far enough apart that I'm sure Sakurai would want to update Miiverse followers who maybe didn't see the Direct somehow. Leaving Peach up there until the morning, if something is revealed tonight, just seems like a bad idea if you ask me. I mean he'd wanna get the word out to as many people as possible ASAP no?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I doubt it because the timing is still far enough apart that I'm sure Sakurai would want to update Miiverse followers who maybe didn't see the Direct somehow. Leaving Peach up there until the morning, if something is revealed tonight, just seems like a bad idea if you ask me. I mean he'd wanna get the word out to as many people as possible ASAP no?
What i was saying was that instead of a "real" pic of the day, he just updates after the direct and treats it as Friday's pic of the day but extremely early, since it will be Friday in japan when it happens.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What i was saying was that instead of a "real" pic of the day, he just updates after the direct and treats it as Friday's pic of the day but extremely early, since it will be Friday in japan when it happens.
That's something I can see happening.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well that to me would be counter-intuitive, since it messes with everyone's update schedule, but I guess it could happen.

I'll just echo what others have said though, I wouldn't mind it depending on what the update would be.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
We shouldn't be greedy. Even if it doesn't make sense/seem fair to us, it would still be a pic of the day for Japan.

At the same time I really don't think Sakurai cares that much, so he'd probably just update at the normal time anyway.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Why aren't your name Super King?

Also, I suspect a pic right after the Direct to be the official Friday one, actually. But we're pretty sure to get a new character, so I don't mind it at all.

D

Deleted member

Can anyone tell me how many hours till the direct? I would like to pull an all nighter lol.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Seriously, back on topic though.

Have we been shown Peach's specials, yet? I'm really curious as to what other moves have been changed, and what they've been changed to o: Maybe they'll reflect her more recent incarnations... (inb4 Vibe Scepter teehee)

lucky duck! I want to too but idk if my phone will let me see it. Will it? o.o
Depends on your phone :\

Last edited:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
I really like the new look of Peach's moves, maybe we will get some more variety with her instead of just hearts. We already have the ribbon so who knows what else we might get.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Seriously, back on topic though.

Have we been shown Peach's specials, yet? I'm really curious as to what other moves have been changed, and what they've been changed to o: Maybe they'll reflect her more recent incarnations... (inb4 Vibe Scepter teehee)
Toad.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm afraid I've got some bad news for you then.
I mean so many people here talk like Palutena's a shoe in but her popularity only really started way past when the roster would've been decided

and this is Sakurai we're talking about, who in melee, instead of including dedede, one of his own characters, included those clones. He'e got a lot of humility.

I don't want to get into a huge off topic discussion here but you know the roster exactly as well as I do so don't go preachin' what you don't know.

@ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Why aren't your name Super King?

Also, I suspect a pic right after the Direct to be the official Friday one, actually. But we're pretty sure to get a new character, so I don't mind it at all.
because my account is 8 years old :(

Not being able to change username is actually quite a frustrating feature on these boards.

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Right, right. I remember the whole Toad de-confirmation hubbub.

If a newcomer is revealed, you better explain to your teacher why you're freaking out in the middle of class.

Haven't we seen her side special too?
Hahaha, my prof is a pretty big Smash fan so chances are he'll freak out too LOL

Have we? o: I guess no dramatic changes to her specials, then.

IIRC Android browsers support some degree of Flash (don't quote me on that though lol), so you should be fine. Probably...

That's assuming the Direct is streamed using a Flash player, ofc.

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Oooh. Well, that's a shame. ^^"

Also, guys, this isn't the 'where to Watch Direct' thread either. Really, the Direct thread is for Direct stuff. :p

Peach's Rainbow looks gorgeous. But... her facial expression makes her look terrified by it.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
@ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Oooh. Well, that's a shame. ^^"

Also, guys, this isn't the 'where to Watch Direct' thread either. Really, the Direct thread is for Direct stuff. :p

Peach's Rainbow looks gorgeous. But... her facial expression makes her look terrified by it.
Lol sorry. You have to admit though, with the Direct incoming in less than 3 hours, it's a little hard to focus on Peach's rainbow xD

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow it took you 8 years to become a moderator... Congrats!
Actually, I was a mod from 2008-2010 but I got so busy that I was retired from the position.

Anyways, with Sakurai specifically mentioning Valentine's Day, I'm expecting one of two outcomes:

1. Diddy and Dixie tag team.
2. Ice Climbers.

There are so many possibilities though (especially with it being 41 minutes) which is why it kills me that I work throughout the entire Direct. Could it be them? Could it be K. Rool? Shulk? Palutena? Somebody entirely unexpected? I'm debating having a friend text me with updates while it's all going on.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Actually, I was a mod from 2008-2010 but I got so busy that I was retired from the position.

Anyways, with Sakurai specifically mentioning Valentine's Day, I'm expecting one of two outcomes:

1. Diddy and Dixie tag team.
2. Ice Climbers.

There are so many possibilities though (especially with it being 41 minutes) which is why it kills me that I work throughout the entire Direct. Could it be them? Could it be K. Rool? Shulk? Palutena? Somebody entirely unexpected? I'm debating having a friend text me with updates while it's all going on.
Yeah the fact that he mentioned valentines day makes me wonder if it's going to specifically relate to that somehow....

Probably Ridley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom