• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mindgames

Status
Not open for further replies.

zifn15

Smash Cadet
I've been coming to these forums off and on for the past several years and while I don't have much of a reputation here, I am going to suggest that instead of using the term "mind games" that we use "mental game" I feel that this term more precisely describes what mind games are (as described by Wobbles in his guide "4 times the fun"). I also think that this change will lead to less confusion when we have discussions on the topic.

MCSR

Smash Apprentice
Why would we change a term that has been used since like, ever?
Your "mental game" is how youre thinking during the match.
A "mind game" is a tactic that screws with your opponent's mental game, and can cause confusion for them, and good things for you.
I vote no change.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
why would changing a term from mind to a word that literally means "of the the mind" cause less confusion.

I really don't understand the logic behind this.

also mind games sounds a lot better and is easier to say.

If anything we should be changing it to something more confusing but also more fun to say

zifn15

Smash Cadet
Oy I'm displaying my nuubiness right now but, Mental game refers to how a players thoughts effect how they play. Mind game is using in game stuff to mess with morale, frustration, and other stuff to make the opponent play dumb. Would that be right? Also, can a definition be agreement upon?

Xposure

Smash Cadet
I agree with every single reply.

Plus what sounds better?

Mindgames, son.

Or..

Whatever.. You get it.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
>_> This thread is a mindgame in itself. Also...Mindgame was in some word guessing game I played. So no....it shouldn't be changed, xD. It's a commonly used term. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a troll thread or w/e. I think Mic with be through here soon enough.

xbombr

Smash Ace
I don't see how it would help anything really. It's just an extra syllable.

The term mindgames gets thrown around in all kinds of ways that don't make any sense anyway so I don't think that would magically change just because we changed it from mind to mental.

holypho

Smash Apprentice
mental game doesn't sound right sorry....+ mindgame has been established for so long even though it has alot of meanings

L__

Smash Master
...c'mon. No one would like saying Mental Game. I mean, mind game is just so much nicer. My mom used the term to describe car salesmen one time.

rhan

Smash Hero
...c'mon. No one would like saying Mental Game. I mean, mind game is just so much nicer. My mom used the term to describe car salesmen one time.
I remember one time during a game of spades that consisted of my dad, step mom, step grandma and my dad's mom, my grandma accussed my dad of being a "sandbagger". And at that point in my life.... I knew I was born to play smash.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom